Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
UltramanGoji

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:Based on current trends our guests characters this time around will be :

Spawn
Terminator
Pennywise
Micheal Myers

How's that for an estimate?
Down with everyone but Pennywise which is just a personal preference more than anything.

I'm more excited for returning characters, honestly.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Pennywise would be such an awesome addition if you ask me. At least IMO. The only question is which version would they go with the 90s Mini-Series or 2017? Perhaps maybe even an amalgamation of both?

I can only imagine his fatalities.

1st Fatality: Pennywise walks up to his opponent and takes out a balloon offering it to them. The opponents gets confused as Pennywise puts it in his/her hand and quickly distances himself ducking as the balloon pops alongside with the opponent with blood and guts splattering everywhere.
2nd Fatality: Pennywise takes on the form of his opponents greatest fear and becomes so frightened that he/she kills himself/herself.
Alternative Fatality: Pennywise transforms into his spider form and proceeds to kill his opponent.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Pennywise would be insane. It would definitely be the current one considering he has a new movie coming out.

All those guest characters have current movies out or to be released.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Pennywise would be such an awesome addition if you ask me. At least IMO. The only question is which version would they go with the 90s Mini-Series or 2017? Perhaps maybe even an amalgamation of both?

I can only imagine his fatalities.

1st Fatality: Pennywise walks up to his opponent and takes out a balloon offering it to them. The opponents gets confused as Pennywise puts it in his/her hand and quickly distances himself ducking as the balloon pops alongside with the opponent with blood and guts splattering everywhere.
2nd Fatality: Pennywise takes on the form of his opponents greatest fear and becomes so frightened that he/she kills himself/herself.
Alternative Fatality: Pennywise transforms into his spider form and proceeds to kill his opponent.
What would be the fears for each character?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote:What would be the fears for each character?
That's a fair point then. Maybe instead Pennywise pushes them slightly to get their attention and then looks down before looking up again show a frightening and horrifying face (One with razor sharp teeth and evil looking eyes) scaring the opponent so bad they kill themselves.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here’s another idea for a guest character : Joel from The Last of Us. Would an of you be okay with a character or two from Call of Duty as well?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:Here’s another idea for a guest character : Joel from The Last of Us. Would an of you be okay with a character or two from Call of Duty as well?
Please stop, these are all terrible.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Master Chief or bust.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Here’s another idea for a guest character : Joel from The Last of Us. Would an of you be okay with a character or two from Call of Duty as well?
Then who the hell do you want?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Not fucking trash generic military idiots from Call of fucking Duty that’s for goddamn sure.

Mortal Kombat is fucking splatterhouse samurai ninja nonsense, don’t be fucking it up with adding more generic military people. Sonya, Cassie, Jacqui and Stryker are more than enough.

And I already stated I’m not interested in guests and more into who’s going to return.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:Not skreeonking trash generic military idiots from Call of skreeonking Duty that’s for goddamn sure.

Mortal Kombat is skreeonking splatterhouse samurai ninja nonsense, don’t be skreeonking it up with adding more generic military people. Sonya, Cassie, Jacqui and Stryker are more than enough.

And I already stated I’m not interested in guests and more into who’s going to return.
Any different than generic horror people?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

LegendZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Not skreeonking trash generic military idiots from Call of skreeonking Duty that’s for goddamn sure.

Mortal Kombat is skreeonking splatterhouse samurai ninja nonsense, don’t be skreeonking it up with adding more generic military people. Sonya, Cassie, Jacqui and Stryker are more than enough.

Any different than generic horror people?

Horror villains - slasher villains especially - work because their gory/gratuitous nature of killing people lends itself well to Mortal Kombat's over the top violence. Call of Duty characters literally just shoot people, how would that fit in any way at all in a hand to hand fighting game? Joel's just an ordinary schmuck who's at least from a horror game, but one that is meant to be extremely realistic (aka the antithesis of MK) PLUS he's a console exclusive character who's only been in 1 game (so far). If we're just going to add random characters to Mortal Kombat then let's add the Fortnite default skins while we're at it.

Dude, I like both Call of Duty (at least pre-Advanced Warfare) and The Last of Us and that's a pretty bad take.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I thought I was the only person in this world that once thought Joel would be a cool addition.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Then who the hell do you want?
Who do I want? Gordon Ramsay . I want to play as him and make all my opponents medium rare.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Terminator would make sense since MK11 is about time travel shininegins.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I've just thought of something, MK and Room share an anniversary next yaer, right? So why not have The Doomslayer be a guess character in the new Mortal Kombat. It's a perfect fit.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

When it comes to video game characters, there's only a handful I can see being thrown into MK and making sense and fitting in. The best example I can think of... is...

But his franchise (Splatterhouse) seems to be dead in the water with the last release being in 2010. However, the Doom Guy and... Duke Nukem also come to mind. Duke would just be a funny inclusion.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Ash Williams and Victor Crowley anyone?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

2004Zilla wrote:Horror villains - slasher villains especially - work because their gory/gratuitous nature of killing people lends itself well to Mortal Kombat's over the top violence. Call of Duty characters literally just shoot people, how would that fit in any way at all in a hand to hand fighting game? Joel's just an ordinary schmuck who's at least from a horror game, but one that is meant to be extremely realistic (aka the antithesis of MK) PLUS he's a console exclusive character who's only been in 1 game (so far). If we're just going to add random characters to Mortal Kombat then let's add the Fortnite default skins while we're at it.

Dude, I like both Call of Duty (at least pre-Advanced Warfare) and The Last of Us and that's a pretty bad take.
I’m gonna have to disagree because in my book, any character’s eligable as long as their’s a strong blood/gore factor, horror or not.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

LegendZilla wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Horror villains - slasher villains especially - work because their gory/gratuitous nature of killing people lends itself well to Mortal Kombat's over the top violence. Call of Duty characters literally just shoot people, how would that fit in any way at all in a hand to hand fighting game? Joel's just an ordinary schmuck who's at least from a horror game, but one that is meant to be extremely realistic (aka the antithesis of MK) PLUS he's a console exclusive character who's only been in 1 game (so far). If we're just going to add random characters to Mortal Kombat then let's add the Fortnite default skins while we're at it.

I’m gonna have to disagree because in my book, any character’s eligable as long as their’s a strong blood/gore factor, horror or not.
Sure, but that still doesn't make Call of Duty legible for Mortal Kombat. Aside from the Treyarch campaigns, none of them are really that violent. There's blood, yes, but what typically happens is you shoot someone, some blood spurts out of them and onto the floor, and they die. The only game that reaches Mortal Kombat levels of violence is World at War, and again, the violence is definitely not there to entertain.

Games that emulate realistic depictions of violence do not belong in Mortal Kombat.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.