Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^We can't have all the same cast recycled from the last game.
We need Noob, Cyrax, Smoke, Meat, Reptile etc
That should be enough. Maybe Liu Kang as well, so long as they give him a redemption arc.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

That list is missing a lot of, *ahem*, MILEENA. And Havik.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

2004Zilla wrote:That list is missing a lot of, *ahem*, MILEENA. And Havik.
She should kill D'vorah and reveal it was a clone the whole time lmao. I'm also seeing a lack of Night Hawk, Johnny Cage, Kitaro, hell let's get Motaro back too, he cameo'd in either X or 9. There is no reason why in 2019 they can't fit a solid 25 even 30+ unique roster
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Here's other ideal guest characters.

Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Doom Slayer (Doom)
Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)
Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
Master Chief (Halo)
Michael Myers (Halloween)
Nemesis (Resident Evil)
Pinhead (Hellraiser)
Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Surprised you didn't include Raiden (Metal Gear) on there.

But of course, it's Konami, they probably wouldn't allow it. Deadpool would also be a cool guest character, his over-the-top violence and comic relief deaths would be a welcome addition to MK.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KManX89 wrote:

Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Doom Slayer (Doom)
Master Chief (Halo)
Nemesis (Resident Evil)
Pinhead (Hellraiser)

But of course, it's Konami, they probably wouldn't allow it. Deadpool would also be a cool guest character, his over-the-top violence and comic relief deaths would be a welcome addition to MK.
I would love to see him in MK too. I imagine his fatalities being 4th wall-based.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KManX89 wrote:Surprised you didn't include Raiden (Metal Gear) on there.

Felt no reason too as I mentioned him in the first page.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Doom Slayer (Doom)
Master Chief (Halo)
Nemesis (Resident Evil)
Pinhead (Hellraiser)

I would love to see him in MK too. I imagine his fatalities being 4th wall-based.
I think MK like to have their jokes subliminal, Deadpool would be way too in-your-face, he definitely fits more in his Capcom VS games. Michael Myers is likely a given, Terminator is likely, Pinhead is likely since these guys have been requested foooooreverrrr and NR loves to put at least 4 horror characters in their games. Plus we have to remember WB owns most of these properties I think while they don't own anything Marvel
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I'm still standing out on my four predictions of Myers (Horror movie trend), Pennywise (Response to It: Chapter Two and Warner Bros. distributing the movie), Spawn (Most requested guest character and Todd MacFarlene giving permission them to use him and even has been teasing him to appear) and Terminator (Time travel being involved in the story and new Terminator movie).

Yes they might not have the rights to Terminator and Myers but they did manage to get Alien and Predator in the last game so it can't be that hard.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I'm still standing out on my four predictions of Myers (Horror movie trend), Pennywise (Response to It: Chapter Two and Warner Bros. distributing the movie), Spawn (Most requested guest character and Todd MacFarlene giving permission them to use him and even has been teasing him to appear) and Terminator (Time travel being involved in the story and new Terminator movie).

Yes they might not have the rights to Terminator and Myers but they did manage to get Alien and Predator in the last game so it can't be that hard.
Plus with NECA getting rights to finally do Myers due to the success of the film I can almost guarantee they're more than willing to continue expanding their brand into different things to hype up Myers and the sequel they're working on. Spawn is definitely the most likely comic book character, I also think they'll cameo a DC hero since they reference Injustice events in MK11 and I'm pretty sure they're building towards a DC vs MK reboot that's faithful to both franchises

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:I'm pretty sure they're building towards a DC vs MK reboot that's faithful to both franchises
Ugh please don't...Didn't they learn anything from the atrocious MK vs. DC game? Last thing we need is another T rated MK.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'm pretty sure they're building towards a DC vs MK reboot that's faithful to both franchises
Ugh please don't...Didn't they learn anything from the atrocious MK vs. DC game? Last thing we need is another T rated MK.
I think "faithful to both franchises" means it's going to be M rated.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
I think "faithful to both franchises" means it's going to be M rated.
Exactly this, they can do it perfectly, especially since they've released 2 hits for DC and are now in WBs good graces.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Like I said, Konami probably wouldn't let them use him, anyway because they're dicks. It's very possible Bamco tried to get the licensing for Raiden in SCVI, but was denied seeing how the new character, Groh uses his likeness.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I doubt they'll use Japanese IPs.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KManX89 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Like I said, Konami probably wouldn't let them use him, anyway because they're dicks. It's very possible Bamco tried to get the licensing for Raiden in SCVI, but was denied seeing how the new character, Groh uses his likeness.
Konami treats their IPs terribly. I wouldn't be surprised if they retire MGS one day and take it to their Pachinko grave.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MikeSTZillak wrote:I think "faithful to both franchises" means it's going to be M rated.
_JNavs_ wrote:Exactly this, they can do it perfectly, especially since they've released 2 hits for DC and are now in WBs good graces.
B-But the heroes never kills especially Batman... :cry:

Honestly MK and DC was a mistake to begin with and they don't even fit with each other. MK should had done it with Killer Instinct.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:I think "faithful to both franchises" means it's going to be M rated.
_JNavs_ wrote:Exactly this, they can do it perfectly, especially since they've released 2 hits for DC and are now in WBs good graces.
B-But Batman never kills... :cry:

Honestly MK and DC was a mistake to begin with and they don't even fit with each other. MK should had done it with Killer Instinct.
They totally fit, Especially after all the recent post apocalyptic futures within DC's lore. It gives some MK EarthRealm vibes. The Injustice universe is just the icing on the cake to a potential overarching narrative

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:They totally fit, Especially after all the recent post apocalyptic futures within DC's lore. It gives some MK EarthRealm vibes. The Injustice universe is just the icing on the cake to a potential overarching narrative
As said DC has never been that graphic to begin besides comics involving Lobo.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:They totally fit, Especially after all the recent post apocalyptic futures within DC's lore. It gives some MK EarthRealm vibes. The Injustice universe is just the icing on the cake to a potential overarching narrative
As said DC has never been that graphic to begin besides comics involving Lobo.
Then you haven't been reading many DC comics :lol: . Most consist of some pretty brutal stuff. Pre 52, Post 52. Flashpoint, Metal, Crisis, Injustice, Earth 3, Any batman book ever, graphic novels, The entirety of Futures End where they're all ripped to shreds and turned into robot cyborgs. and much much much more. They're not Marvel.

They'd likely use the Injustice universe since they've already created 2 good games, Everyone in that universe has killed.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:Then you haven't been reading many DC comics :lol: . Most consist of some pretty brutal stuff. Pre 52, Post 52. Flashpoint, Metal, Crisis, Injustice, Earth 3, Any batman book ever, graphic novels, The entirety of Futures End where they're all ripped to shreds and turned into robot cyborgs. and much much much more. They're not Marvel.
And still another problem like I said. Batman never kills nor do the other heroes normally.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.