General Street Fighter Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

General Street Fighter Thread

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:38 pm

I figured it'll be neat to make a thread about all things Street Fighter!

My first exposure to these characters was the Marvel vs Capcom series, and to this day the only strictly ST game I've played is Street Fighter 2: Turbo . I'm gradually getting into this franchise, and I've been thinking of picking up ST5.

E.Honda is an absolute unit.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
TyrantGojira
Futurian
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby TyrantGojira » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:13 pm

So far I’ve only played Street Fighter 2 for the Genesis. But I’m very interested in the lore and overall story of the franchise. Really want to get a copy of 5 but unfortunately I don’t own a PS4.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:20 am

I know this sounds risky, but what if they made a Street Fighter Netflix series?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 pm

LegendZilla wrote:I know this sounds risky, but what if they made a Street Fighter Netflix series?

That..... might actually be great. Have you seen Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie? I thought that was really good all things considered and if a Netflix show had that same animation quality and expanded on the characters more it would be a real treat.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:10 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I know this sounds risky, but what if they made a Street Fighter Netflix series?

That..... might actually be great. Have you seen Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie? I thought that was really good all things considered and if a Netflix show had that same animation quality and expanded on the characters more it would be a real treat.


What if it was live action?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10289
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Menat and Juri are love, Menat and Juri are life.

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:10 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I know this sounds risky, but what if they made a Street Fighter Netflix series?

That..... might actually be great. Have you seen Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie? I thought that was really good all things considered and if a Netflix show had that same animation quality and expanded on the characters more it would be a real treat.


What if it was live action?

After seeing the Jean-Claude Van Damme live-action ST movie..... I'd rather not. With animation they could pull off better fights.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:05 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:That..... might actually be great. Have you seen Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie? I thought that was really good all things considered and if a Netflix show had that same animation quality and expanded on the characters more it would be a real treat.


What if it was live action?

After seeing the Jean-Claude Van Damme live-action ST movie..... I'd rather not. With animation they could pull off better fights.


Depends on wether or not they can find the right team capable of handling it with both care and passion.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 am
Location: scotland
Contact:

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:56 am



Well, this happened and no one knew anything about it.

User avatar
Bandit Keith
Dupe Account... An American Dupe Account
Dupe Account... An American Dupe Account
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: America
Contact:

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby Bandit Keith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Shower thought - anyone ever realized that Balrog is basically a normal boxer fighting people who can:

- teleport
- shoot fireballs from their god damn hands
- engulf themselves in psycho energy
- are genetic nightmare creatures that can electrify themselves

I know he is an American fighting in America but still that's impressive.
Follows the rules... In America

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: General Street Fighter Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Anyone care to guess why Capcom till this day is reluctant to make a Street Fighter game that takes place chronologically after Street Fighter III? Are they too scared to have Chun Li with wrinkles?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.


Return to “Video Game Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest