Games you Missed

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Games you Missed

Postby KaijuCanuck » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Maybe its a game from the era of your childhood that others remember fondly, and you've only just discovered it. Maybe it's a more recent game that got tons of praise, yet for some reason you didn't get a chance to play. Whatever the situation, what are games that you feel you missed? Off the top of my head -

1. Ultimate Spider-Man. This game came out at exactly the right time for me - the ps2 was my childhood console, and I was a massive Spider-Man fan. I was aware of this game. I even remember thinking it looked awesome. And yet, for some reason, I never made an attempt to get it. Why, why, why?? Even today it looks gorgeous, and I know I would have loved the open world gameplay. Instead, my first Spidey game experience was Spider-Man 3... yeah. Even with the new Spider-Man out, I plan on tracking Ultimate down someday, somehow.

2. Okami. Now in fairness, this is a game that seemingly everyone missed - but playing it now on ps4 is a little bittersweet. It might be one of the greatest games ever made, period, and I could have had it when it was new. What a shame.

3. Psychonauts. 3D platformers were my poop. I played the crap out of the Jak series, the Sly games, and Ratchet and Clank. This game had everything that made that genre, the ps2 ones in particular, great - quirky characters, a really cool world, bomb-ass gameplay and a smart, quippy script. Not to mention the same composer as the Sly series, which is my favourite series of games of all time. But I never even heard about Psychonauts until recently. Like Okami, playing it now is great, but also a little sad.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Games you Missed

Postby Ivo-goji » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Any Nintendo 64 title, since I didn't have that system, but especially Super Mario 64, which I've never played in any capacity. Majora's Mask is the big lacuna in my Zelda library.

Similarly I never owned a SNES so I never got to play Super Metroid, despite playing every other 2D Metroid game at some point.

There are a lot of franchises I've never touched because I just can't afford to buy games. I've played zero Sony games for example.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Pretty much every mega hit game from like 2000-2012. I only played games like GSTE, Rampage Total Destruction, Pac-Man World 2, Spyro: A Hero's Tail, etc. I missed out on tons of early platformers and other important games and it wasn't until recently that I started going back and playing them.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Kazooie, I have my older brothers N64, I just gotta hook it up and hope it works. Luckily I have DK 64 in my dresser, so maybe when I get a chance, I'll give it a go? I don't have Banjo sadly.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Rayman 2 and 3. I honestly only discovered them by happening upon their OSTs on Youtube. I got Rayman 3 at the used game store for like 3-4 bucks but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Would still like to get a hold of the second game though. I believe its available on the Playstation store.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Return to “Video Game Hub”