Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Let me see.

Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5.

And if none of those get made, I’d really appreciate it if they made Sly 5.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:39 pm

War of the Monsters. The lack of a sequel to this game is a crime against humanity.

I'd also say Dead Space, but after 3 I think the franchise should stay dead. Especially since EA would skreeonk it into the ground with microtransactions.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 am

Jurassic park: Trespasser. Absolutely one of the worst games of all time. But, if we give a developer the time to work on it and improve on the basic structure, we could get a great game that could easily be one of the best Jurassic Park games. Especially because the groundbeaking features that made the game such a mess are now common in the industry.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:16 am

Primal Rage was a fan favorite as a kid, I’d kill to see an updated version.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

PHRHD
Yojimbo

Postby PHRHD » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:58 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Primal Rage was a fan favorite as a kid, I’d kill to see a updated version.

I'm gonna second this one incredibly hard. I've personally tried getting a reboot off the ground, even talking to DopePope about doing designs several years ago. Things didn't work out then, but maybe it could come together more in the future.

We had new characters, full character list, concept art, even game modes and visual style decided on. Maybe I can track down some of the concept art we had.
Check out my Godzilla Fan Forum! Click the Banner Below! :D

Win a NECA Shin Godzilla Action Figure on Monarch Sciences!

Resized Image

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Postby The Octopus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 am

Destroy All Humans.

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:31 am

PHRHD wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Primal Rage was a fan favorite as a kid, I’d kill to see a updated version.

I'm gonna second this one incredibly hard. I've personally tried getting a reboot off the ground, even talking to DopePope about doing designs several years ago. Things didn't work out then, but maybe it could come together more in the future.

We had new characters, full character list, concept art, even game modes and visual style decided on. Maybe I can track down some of the concept art we had.

Oh yeah, definitely. Would love to see your concept art.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

PHRHD
Yojimbo

Postby PHRHD » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:08 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
PHRHD wrote:

Oh yeah, definitely. Would love to see your concept art.

Here's a piece that I found for our Primal Rage reboot... the art was by Rodrigo Vega, a creature designer I found on Deviant Art that everyone should absolutely check out. He's fantastic.

Last edited by PHRHD on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Resized Image

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:14 pm

I LOVE those design :lol: especially all the little detail, like making Sauron obese, and Talon’s “notifications” he (or his worshipers?) added. Also Chaos becoming an Orangutan, I’d be so down for that!

Really hope you can get the project up and running one day, sounds like you give a lot of special care to the characters, if their designs are anything to go on.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

PHRHD
Yojimbo

Postby PHRHD » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I LOVE those design :lol: especially all the little detail, like making Sauron obese, and Talon’s “notifications” he (or his worshipers?) added. Also Chaos becoming an Orangutan, I’d be so down for that!

Really hope you can get the project up and running one day, sounds like you give a lot of special care to the characters, if their designs are anything to go on.
Maybe if you do get it up and running, you could add a Giant Panda and an Asian continent for Urth.

We've got quite a few additional characters, including some completely original, and the new characters they had added in Primal Rage 2. :D

Resized Image

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:33 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the first 3 Sonic games + CD.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GreenScar
Yin-Yang Master

Postby GreenScar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Primal Rage easily tops the list for me. Would love to see a hyper animated fighter along the lines of DBFZ or gritty brutality of Mortal Kombat.

A King of the Monsters arcade arena fighter would be super fun. Could even include cameos for Godzilla, Gamera, Kong and Ultraman if the rights could be borrowed.

Finally, Godzilla 2 for the NES done as an RTS like Starcraft or Command & Conquer. Like, your given X amount of time to build defenses before being invaded. Over time you unlock upgrades like Super X, Gotengo, Moguera, MechaGodzilla and the ability to summon Mothra. Maybe even throw in a JP Evolution style mini game where you store kaiju on Monster Island and have to care for them or they'll break out.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:25 pm

I've always wanted the company that came from Incognito to make a remake of WotM. And it seems I'm not the only one.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4QE9x

Gigantis
Kwaidan

Postby Gigantis » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:37 am

I honestly want a remake of Jurassic Park Warpath. Featuring more dinosaurs and an option to build your own hybrid to fight! (Normal hybrids still appear).

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HedorahIsBestGirl
JXSDF Technician

Postby HedorahIsBestGirl » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:03 pm

Still holding out hope for Dead Space 4. Preferably with the option to play in first-person.

I'd also like to see a Castlevania game for the Switch that was a "2.5D" platformer (a la New Super Mario Bros) with gameplay similar to the original games on NES and SNES. Hell, I'd happily take a remastered Super Castelvania IV with more levels or something.
The sea has cobalt, it's full of mercury. Too many fumes in our oxygen!
All the smog now is choking you and me. Good Lord, where is it gonna end?
Got to get it back, someday. Got to get it back, and soon now.
For tomorrow maybe you and me...
We're movin', we're movin', movin' to the Moon now!
It's up to us to make a choice.
We know what it's worth to save the Earth!

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:14 am

LegendZilla wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the first 3 Sonic games + CD.

That would be pretty cool, though it has next-to-no chance of happening. You never know, though with RE2&3 and FF7 getting remade.

I'd still prefer a Sonic Adventure 3, though, which I know isn't happening, but c'mon.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:17 am

Spawn: Armageddon if we can't get an new Spawn game.
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Give me more ape escape god dammit
Legit, every KoTM hater I have ever seen on social media or interacted with are all the same. They are either these young kids to middle aged adults so detached from anything beyond the Japanese films that they can't enjoy anything that doesn't begin with one of the Toho logos. They're the type that would of had no issues with KoTM if it was a Japanese-made production and think films like Godzilla vs. Monster Zero are the pinnacle of human drama.
-MM

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Honestly Nintendo needs to make a remaster for Eternal Darkness. People's GameCubes are gonna die eventually.

Rhedosaurus
G-Grasper

Postby Rhedosaurus » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:38 pm

Would hoping for the Metal Gear franchise being revived count here?

Return to “Video Game Hub”