Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Let me see.

Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5, Sly 5.

And if none of those get made, I’d really appreciate it if they made Sly 5.
Image

User avatar
Breakdown
Kwaidan
Posts: 5865
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Inside you

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby Breakdown » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:39 pm

War of the Monsters. The lack of a sequel to this game is a crime against humanity.


I'd also say Dead Space, but after 3 I think the franchise should stay dead. Especially since EA would skreeonk it into the ground with microtransactions.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 am

Jurassic park: Trespasser. Absolutely one of the worst games of all time. But, if we give a developer the time to work on it and improve on the basic structure, we could get a great game that could easily be one of the best Jurassic Park games. Especially because the groundbeaking features that made the game such a mess are now common in the industry.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:16 am

Primal Rage was a fan favorite as a kid, I’d kill to see an updated version.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
PHRHD
Yojimbo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:10 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby PHRHD » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:58 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Primal Rage was a fan favorite as a kid, I’d kill to see a updated version.


I'm gonna second this one incredibly hard. I've personally tried getting a reboot off the ground, even talking to DopePope about doing designs several years ago. Things didn't work out then, but maybe it could come together more in the future.

We had new characters, full character list, concept art, even game modes and visual style decided on. Maybe I can track down some of the concept art we had.
Check out my Godzilla Fan Forum! Click the Banner Below! :D

Win a NECA Shin Godzilla Action Figure on Monarch Sciences!

Resized Image

Image

User avatar
Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:06 am

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 am

Destroy All Humans.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:31 am

PHRHD wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Primal Rage was a fan favorite as a kid, I’d kill to see a updated version.


I'm gonna second this one incredibly hard. I've personally tried getting a reboot off the ground, even talking to DopePope about doing designs several years ago. Things didn't work out then, but maybe it could come together more in the future.

We had new characters, full character list, concept art, even game modes and visual style decided on. Maybe I can track down some of the concept art we had.

Oh yeah, definitely. Would love to see your concept art.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
PHRHD
Yojimbo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:10 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby PHRHD » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:08 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
PHRHD wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Primal Rage was a fan favorite as a kid, I’d kill to see a updated version.


I'm gonna second this one incredibly hard. I've personally tried getting a reboot off the ground, even talking to DopePope about doing designs several years ago. Things didn't work out then, but maybe it could come together more in the future.

We had new characters, full character list, concept art, even game modes and visual style decided on. Maybe I can track down some of the concept art we had.

Oh yeah, definitely. Would love to see your concept art.


Here's a piece that I found for our Primal Rage reboot... the art was by Rodrigo Vega, a creature designer I found on Deviant Art that everyone should absolutely check out. He's fantastic.

Image
Last edited by PHRHD on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Godzilla Fan Forum! Click the Banner Below! :D

Win a NECA Shin Godzilla Action Figure on Monarch Sciences!

Resized Image

Image

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:14 pm

I LOVE those design :lol: especially all the little detail, like making Sauron obese, and Talon’s “notifications” he (or his worshipers?) added. Also Chaos becoming an Orangutan, I’d be so down for that!

Really hope you can get the project up and running one day, sounds like you give a lot of special care to the characters, if their designs are anything to go on.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
PHRHD
Yojimbo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:10 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby PHRHD » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I LOVE those design :lol: especially all the little detail, like making Sauron obese, and Talon’s “notifications” he (or his worshipers?) added. Also Chaos becoming an Orangutan, I’d be so down for that!

Really hope you can get the project up and running one day, sounds like you give a lot of special care to the characters, if their designs are anything to go on.
Maybe if you do get it up and running, you could add a Giant Panda and an Asian continent for Urth.


We've got quite a few additional characters, including some completely original, and the new characters they had added in Primal Rage 2. :D
Check out my Godzilla Fan Forum! Click the Banner Below! :D

Win a NECA Shin Godzilla Action Figure on Monarch Sciences!

Resized Image

Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5572
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:33 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the first 3 Sonic games + CD.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
GreenScar
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:03 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby GreenScar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Primal Rage easily tops the list for me. Would love to see a hyper animated fighter along the lines of DBFZ or gritty brutality of Mortal Kombat.

A King of the Monsters arcade arena fighter would be super fun. Could even include cameos for Godzilla, Gamera, Kong and Ultraman if the rights could be borrowed.

Finally, Godzilla 2 for the NES done as an RTS like Starcraft or Command & Conquer. Like, your given X amount of time to build defenses before being invaded. Over time you unlock upgrades like Super X, Gotengo, Moguera, MechaGodzilla and the ability to summon Mothra. Maybe even throw in a JP Evolution style mini game where you store kaiju on Monster Island and have to care for them or they'll break out.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg


Return to “Video Game Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest