Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
KManX89
G-Grasper

Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby KManX89 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 pm

There's that one classic game from their childhood memories in the back of everyone's mind that they'd love to see make a comeback. And as we've seen with RE2, FF7 and Shenmue III, surprises can and do happen. So feel free to share some cherished games/franchises you'd like to see make a return or be remade here.

-Dino Crisis: Now's the perfect time for Capcom to bring back Dino Crisis with the success of JW. People often accuse them of chasing trends, well, they happen to have the perfect trend chaser sitting in their loaded vault of dormant IPs. I'd love to see a new DC, be it a reboot or proper sequel to DC2 featuring its main star, Regina, who was snubbed from that crappy dinos in space game, DC3.

Regina was in the Dead Rising 3 DLC and the leaked list of DLC characters for MvCI (that probably won't be coming now), so they haven't forgotten about her.

-Parasite Eve: Another horror series I fell in love with in the 90's. I'd love to see a new PE return to the classic formula, though I hear there's some licensing issues with the rights returning to the PE book author, so it sadly doesn't look like it'll be happening anytime soon. :(

-Legacy of Kain: I've been longing for a new LoK since Defiance back in 2003. The original on the PS1 was a classic, it was even helmed by Amy Hennig, the mastermind behind the Uncharted series. Crystal Dynamics has been teasing a new LoK for years now, but nothing has yet to come of it. They even supposedly had a new entry in the works-an MMORPG-a few years ago that got cancelled.

-Metal Gear 1 & 2 remake: I know, I know, but seeing a rookie Snake fighting a hardened Big Boss in 1080p and the Fox Engine would most definitely draw interest from the gaming public, enough to at least entertain the idea of remaking them (yeah, you'd think). There's definitely cause for it with all the series retcons and the NES originals being exclusive to Japan. To casual fans, they would be whole new entries, which they essentially would be in practice with the huge generation jump from the NES graphics (therein lies the problem, though).

-Half-Life: we can add this one to the list of definitely not happening. Still, doe, Half-Life 3, one can only dream.

-Left 4 Dead: See Above.

-Silent Hill(s): I'm hoping for a Silent Hills/P.T. revival more than anything (which, again, is totes not happening) because that was as good a chance of reviving the franchise with a truly-innovative new game as they're ever gonna get, and we all know how that turned out. Otherwise, our best hope is another spin-off farmed out to an inexperienced Western developer.

-House of the Dead: Funny I should mention this, Sega is currently in the process of location testing a new HotD arcade game called Scarlet Dawn. They even asked fans about porting it to consoles. :D A PSVR port with Move functionality would do wonders for this game and be an intriguing buy for PSVR owners to boot.

Sega also said Saturn and Dreamcast ports are coming to Sega Ages for the Switch. HotD 1 or 2 with the grip controls would be pretty rad.

-Virtua Fighter: It seems next-to-impossible with Yu Suzuki leaving Sega and the oversaturated fighting game market, but a VF6 is long overdue.

-Streets of Rage: Fans have been dying for a new SoR reimagined in 3D for ages, myself being one of them. It seems highly unlikely Sega would prod up its corpse, but they DID recently say they want to bring back some of their old IPs, so who knows? A 3D SoR on the go (Swith version) would be a day one buy for me. In the meantime, there's the Yakuza games, I guess, which already play similarly to SoR.

I left out a new Mega Man and main series Devil May Cry because the former just got announced and, well, the cat's kinda outta the bag for DMC5:

MHW, RE2 remake, new Mega Man, new DMC... could it be... Capcom is actually serious about winning its fans back? :eek:
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Re: Series/games you'd like to see revived/remade

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 pm

War of the Monsters hands down.

Just think with graphics today and online play. *Drools*

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Postby ShinGi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Parasite Eve

Prince of Persia

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:06 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:War of the Monsters hands down.

Just think with graphics today and online play. *Drools*

This.

Also, either of the Jak or Sly series. But, made by the original companies (or, for Jak, all
those original Naughty Dog people who left)

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:43 am

ShinGi wrote:Parasite Eve

There are a lot of older games like this I'd love to see redone, at the very least for the reason of making the originals cheaper.

But to get obscure, I wish Spectrobes would come back. I would go and buy a Switch without hesitation if Nintendo announced a continuation (or remastering).
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:06 am

I'd like to see a revival of the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance series. a third installment was teased, but the company: Black Isle, went bankrupt before one could be made.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Postby TheSecondComing » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:39 am

Duke Nukem, but only in the hands of literally any other studio. The character is too good to be lost to the sands of time and incompetence.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Legionmaster/pWo.jpg[/img]

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Postby ShinGi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am

Bully by Rockstar deserves a sequel as well

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 am

I’d love a remaster of Oblivion. And, while I’m sure it will come eventually and so not necessarily something that needs to be ‘revived’, I desperatley want to play a new Elder Scrolls.

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:41 am

I used to rent Quest 64 back in the day, that was a fun little game, would love more of that.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:44 pm

War of The Monsters. Seriously Sony. You've Re-Released this game 3 times over 3 consoles now. Obviously its popular and making you enough money to warrant the continuous re-releasing. Give us a sequel damn it!

Primal Rage. NetherRealm needs to jump on this. A giant monster/Dinosaur fighting game with modern graphics in the MKX/Injustice style? Why the hell not?? Giant monster and Dinosaur movies are becoming popular again with the Monsterverse, Pacific Rim, Jurassic World etc...
Last edited by Zilla103192 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Zilla103192 wrote:War of The Monsters. Seriously Sony. You've Re-Released this game 3 times over 3 consoles now. Obviously its popular and making you enough money to warrant the continuous re-releasing. Give us a sequel damn it!

Primal Rage. NetherRealm needs to jump on this. A giant monster/Dinosaur fighting game with modern graphics in the MKX/Injustice style? Why the hell not?? Giant monster and Dinosaur movies are becoming popular again with the Monsterverse, Pacific Rim, Jurassic World etc...

Oh, I almost forgot, I had Primal Rage on the Sega! I'd love to see what a modern version would look like.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

GIGAN05
EDF Soldier

Postby GIGAN05 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Ahem...

Armored Core, Armored Core, Armored Core.

Chant over.
TK's Jojo. It's MUDA.

TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Postby TheSecondComing » Fri May 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Thought of another series that I want to see furthered, and that's the great Max Payne. Terrific character, brutal world, fun gameplay, and Rockstar's never over-saturated the market with him.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Legionmaster/pWo.jpg[/img]

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Tue May 08, 2018 2:18 pm

I'm dying for a Jade Empire 2

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 am

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
ShinGi wrote:Parasite Eve

There are a lot of older games like this I'd love to see redone, at the very least for the reason of making the originals cheaper.

But to get obscure, I wish Spectrobes would come back. I would go and buy a Switch without hesitation if Nintendo announced a continuation (or remastering).

Same! I have so many found memories of playing Spectrobes when I was younger; I'm still looking for a chance to go back and play them! I think that with some new ideas and the right publicity (remaster Spectrobe trilogy anyone?), Spectrobes could make a comeback! Although, it might need a new publisher seeing how Disney gave up on their old Interactive Studio. Maybe their new one and Square Enix could give em' hand?
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:09 am

Titanoterror98 wrote:Same! I have so many found memories of playing Spectrobes when I was younger; I'm still looking for a chance to go back and play them! I think that with some new ideas and the right publicity (remaster Spectrobe trilogy anyone?), Spectrobes could make a comeback! Although, it might need a new publisher seeing how Disney gave up on their old Interactive Studio. Maybe their new one and Square Enix could give em' hand?

Never thought of Square, but given that they're handling all sorts of nostalgia, Spectrobes might not be a stretch. Maybe.

Dangit, now my imagination's running wild. :shock: Imagine an open-world Spectrobes game with semi-updated graphics (the couldn't do it with realistic graphics, that kill the cartoonish feel) and a somehow still-young Komainu.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:Same! I have so many found memories of playing Spectrobes when I was younger; I'm still looking for a chance to go back and play them! I think that with some new ideas and the right publicity (remaster Spectrobe trilogy anyone?), Spectrobes could make a comeback! Although, it might need a new publisher seeing how Disney gave up on their old Interactive Studio. Maybe their new one and Square Enix could give em' hand?

Never thought of Square, but given that they're handling all sorts of nostalgia, Spectrobes might not be a stretch. Maybe.

Dangit, now my imagination's running wild. :shock: Imagine an open-world Spectrobes game with semi-updated graphics (the couldn't do it with realistic graphics, that kill the cartoonish feel) and a somehow still-young Komainu.

Cool right? I think an open world approach would be a great improvement over Origins' sluggish loading times. Heck, imagine if you could freely fly from different planets like in No Man's Sky, then you could land planets with areas as big and rich to explore as the regions in Breath of the Wild or the Kingdoms from Super Mario Odyssey! Plus, I'm sure they'd let you have a little Komainu to start with like in the sequels!
Though you're right, they'd probably have to take some artistic liberties with the locations. But I think if they could render the environments like they do with some of the animated worlds from Kingdom Hearts 3, they could make some beatiful planets without having the characters and creatures stand out.
I got plenty more ideas if you're interested!
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Julia Bristow
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Julia Bristow » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:34 am

Game I'd like to see revived is Viewtiful Joe, given that superheroes are popular right I'd love to see this superhero game franchise revived with today's console technology
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Postby Red-Death Gigan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:37 am

Parasite Eve
Dino Crisis
Legend of Dragoon
Destroy All Monsters Melee
Onimusha
Ninja Gaiden
War of the Monsters
Medal of Honor
Legacy of Kain
Voltron
Need For Speed Underground
Tom Clancy's HAWX
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Return to “Video Game Hub”