Worst gaming company?

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Who is the worst modern day gaming company?

Konami
24%
EA
66%
Activision
5%
Ubisoft
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 41

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Re: Worst gaming company?

Postby Breakdown » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:20 am

_JNavs_ wrote:BUT 343 CAN FALL OFF A CLIFF FOR ALL I CARE.

At least 343 listens to their fanbase and demonstrably learns from their mistakes. They seem to want to make good Halo games, even if they did go a bit too far with experimental concepts like the new art style and the CoD-esq feel. Halo Wars 2 and the fixes to the MCC (as well as porting it to PC at long last) shows this.
Last edited by Breakdown on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:43 am

Smuggers wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Bungie has made the 4 most iconic Halo games so I love them. BUT 343 CAN FALL OFF A CLIFF FOR ALL I CARE.

While 343 has been making a disappointing sequel trilogy that seemed more concerned with following modern shooter trends than capitalizing on what makes Halo unique and they massively skreeonked up the MCC at launch, I do have to commend them for finally going back to fix it and bring it to a wider audience. With what little we know of Infinite it seems like they might be learning from their mistakes there too and finally returning to a more traditional Halo philosophy for their games.

...Modern Bungie, on the other hand I think should gladly go off a cliff after they managed to skreeonk up making a looter shooter more interesting than the original Borderlands twice, fired their composer without cause in a shady move that led to two different lawsuits (which he won), punish their early adopters by making them pay out the ass for skeletal expansion packs and "annual passes" only for the price to drop like a rock after anyone who actually cares about the game has already bought it, added micro-transactions because why not hose your playerbase for that little extra cash, and too and too many "Players discover controversy, Bungie apologizes" stories to count (punishing good players by throttling their exp, anyone?). It's a shame what happened to them, they haven't made a good game since they left Microsoft.

Yeah I've definitely heard about the controversies, Ya know at first I really enjoyed Destiny (1), it felt new, innovative, all those slick new abilities (teleporting jump? insane), the missions felt like missions. But over time it started getting grindy and tedious, I didn't bother with Destiny 2, and have heard literally nothing about it since release other than they killed their best character in DLC or something.

So yeah Bungie fell off once they left Microsoft, and 343 does seem to be changing their ways with Infinite. But wow were Halo 5 and Halo 4 to an extent, generic modern shooters. I remember when people used to think Halo Reach was the weakest Halo, but it definitely has one of the best campaigns/multiplayer
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:42 am

343's philosophies around the MCC PC port have already convinced me that they're nowhere near "worst gaming company of all time".

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:44 am

Whichever one forces it's devs to go on crunch time
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:53 am

Konami killed Metal Gear, but at this point it’s very obvious that they do not want to be a videogame company at this point anyways, so they don’t count.

EA Is obvious.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:34 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Konami killed Metal Gear, but at this point it’s very obvious that they do not want to be a videogame company at this point anyways, so they don’t count.

EA Is obvious.

Konami killed a bunch of there series for metal gear series huge budget.Winch makes me mad because Kojima just cant budget for poop.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:37 am

Is it possible Kojima Productions ends up with the Metal Gear franchise? Or is the franchise dead in the water until Konami evaporates?
Sith Apprentice.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 am

SpaceG92 wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:EA took the revival of Star Wars Battlefront and managed to create two of the worst games of this generation and ruined the entire future of the franchise.

They've ruined gaming for me. Every future title by any company I look on with disgust because of them.

The pain is remembered every time Command and Conquers fan look at that EA logo.

Killed a franchise and it died whimering on a "milk you 4 money" trash tier mobile game that strips what made CnC a RTS.

What makes it sadder is that before EA got greedy, they actually treated the C&C franchise with respect via Generals and C&C3. I like RA3, but I do admit it has flaws.

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Is it possible Kojima Productions ends up with the Metal Gear franchise? Or is the franchise dead in the water until Konami evaporates?

I doubt they will get it.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:47 am

Lab Zero Games, formally Reverge Labs, the men & women who made the fighting game known as Skullgirls? Konami was their publisher. They had to do crowd funding for making DLC characters partly cause Konami didn't pay them for the main vanilla game they made for them. I poop you not.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:48 am

xolta wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Is it possible Kojima Productions ends up with the Metal Gear franchise? Or is the franchise dead in the water until Konami evaporates?

I wonder if Konami ends up going out of business eventually, would MGS end up liquidated? Or would it end up being sold off?(Preferably to Kojima)
Sith Apprentice.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:52 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
xolta wrote:

I wonder if Konami ends up going out of business eventually, would MGS end up liquidated? Or would it end up being sold off?(Preferably to Kojima)

I think Kojima is done with Metal Gear for now (even if he had access to it), he'd been doing the same series for 20+ years and wants to do something different, hence the now canceled Silent Hills, and Death Stranding. He's said he's not a fan of horror as he's easily scared and it's because of this he actually wants to try making a horror game, see how someone who is not a fan of horror would do horror, a morbid curiosity, so I think he might do a horror game after Death Stranding.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:54 am

Form my understanding Konami makes boat loads money form Ip licensing like metal gear themed stuff.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:56 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
xolta wrote:

Disney would buy it :P

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Where's LJN?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Where's LJN?

Resized Image

#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:05 am

SNK. For not making a new King of The Monsters game!!
Last edited by Shhh! The Octopus on Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:33 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Where's LJN?

In my opinion Acclaim was a worse retro game company then ljn. When I see there name on a snes game it usually means its not good.

Return to “Video Game Hub”