Spider-Man (PS4 Exclusive)

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Re: Spider-Man (PS4 Exclusive)

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Still whack that it's 2019 and companies still believe in more console exclusives.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:23 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Still whack that it's 2019 and companies still believe in more console exclusives.

It gives people more incentive to buy their consoles. If all consoles had the same library there would be little reason to buy one over the other. Without competition we get stagnation.

I know it sucks (I'd KILL for Dragon Age Origins on the PS4 or Switch online store, because I don't have an Xbox 1) but it's probably for the better.
Last edited by Kaiju-King42 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAGzilla wrote:Somebody skreeonking sig this. :lol:

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 pm

The game wouldn't exist if it wasn't exclusive lol.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:25 pm

This is why I buy every console so I never miss an exclusive. That being said I can't wait to see what they do with SM2 on PS5.
optimum in mundi

SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Aaaaaand now I need a PS5. poop.

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:27 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXXX9-TrXrg

Good. I really loved the ps4 game, but I think there was definitely room to expand on it and improve it.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXXX9-TrXrg

Miles was a constant irritant to me so this news does nothing for me. Wake me when we get the legit Spider-Man 2.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Postby Greyshot151 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:52 pm

Heard about this and was excited. Watched it and yeah, now I need a PS5. With Halo on PC, not even a contest.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Conflicting reports came out of this. Sony says its an add on for a PS5 Remaster of Spider-Man but then Insomniac came out and said no its a standalone game to lead up to the sequel to Spider-Man. That being said I may have to consider a PS5 sooner than I thought because I'm a huge Spider-Man fan.
optimum in mundi

SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:11 pm

gvamp wrote:Conflicting reports came out of this. Sony says its an add on for a PS5 Remaster of Spider-Man but then Insomniac came out and said no its a standalone game to lead up to the sequel to Spider-Man. That being said I may have to consider a PS5 sooner than I thought because I'm a huge Spider-Man fan.

As far as I can tell, it's a new game/expansion in the same way The Lost Legacy was: it is a new hame but it's based on/uses already made assets from the previous game. Jury's out so far whether it's its own game or its packaged with a remastered PS4 (I'm leaning later)

I understand it either way though. It's been TWO YEARS since the last game, a whole brand new game would be insane

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:57 pm

Miles getting a game on his own means PS5 Spidey is going to be bigger. This gives them another good two years to work on the sequel and now we should be able to switch between Miles and Peter in the main Spider-Man 2. Maybe even a co-op mode in that game.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 am

It just seems like this is a Majora's Mask/New Vegas Scenario. Re-used assists and ideas, added in with new concepts and stories, but overall remixed and complete. If it was just a dlc I think they would have made it clear.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Return to “Video Game Hub”