Spider-Man (PS4 Exclusive)

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Spider-Man (PS4 Exclusive)

Postby gvamp » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:07 pm

I played this for about an hour and a half before taking a quick break. Game is fun probably the best Spidey game to date. The combat is pretty much like every other Spider-Man game before it but with a few twists. Graphics are amazing. The only thing I don't like about the game is the loading times are REALLY long.
optimum in mundi

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:58 pm

I want to play this so bad but I gots no moneeyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:23 pm

EASILY the best Spider-Man game I've played in, like, 14 years.

Voice acting is particular is something else. I mean, check this poop out. Never heard of any other video game doing that before.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 am

So far the game is spectacular (you know me, pun definitely intended), I think I'm about halfway through the story, just beat the fight with Mister Negative on the APC. I'm pretty sure I've figured out who the main villain is, everything just leads up to him.

The parts where you play as MJ are annoying, taking those out would be great. Other than that the story is great, looking forward to see where it ends up.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:48 am

Seen gameplay so far. Looks really fun. Won't be getting it until Christmas though whether someone gets it for me or with my Christmas money since I'm trying to save money.

It's worth the wait though.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:49 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Seen gameplay so far. Looks really fun. Won't be getting it until Christmas though whether someone gets it for me or with my Christmas money since I'm trying to save money.

It's worth the wait though.

All three DLC missions should be out by then.

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm about 50% done with the game that's story and side stuff. Oddly enough I've been taking my time with the game and not rushing through it like I normally do with a game.

Spoiler:
I've got the entire map filled, all research stations, all backpacks, all landmarks, all pigeons caught, all Black Cat side stuff, all Fisk thug crimes, all Fisk hideouts and all Demon crimes in all the districts done.

Spoiler:
The last main mission I did was where Miles' father was killed by Mr. Negative. Going to work on doing some research stuff in Otto's lab then, work on some other side stuff.
optimum in mundi

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm

I bought the game Saturday night after work. About 40% complete, beat Act 1 yesterday. So far I really like it. It plays good, looks good, has good length to it. Probably the best Spider-Man game by far.

There are just a few issues though.

No dedicated button for wall crawling
Costume selection is damn near abysmal aside from a select few

Other issues I have just come down to preference, this isn't exactly my favorite version of the Spider-Man character. I prefer organic webbing, less gadget, being a Daily Bugle photographer or young teen, etc.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:24 pm

Just made it to Act III tonight. I'm hoping to get 100% completion but I don't think I'm going to get it.

Spoiler:
I need to get better at challenges so that I can unlock the suits and fully upgrade all the gadgets. Plus if the Daily Bugle hidden news papers count toward 100% completion I've missed quite a bit of those.
optimum in mundi

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:42 am

I gotta give props to this game. So far it's the only thing to make me like MJ.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Beat the story a while back, it's pretty damn good.
I do have a few problems with it.....
Spoiler:
Mister Negative didn't get to "redeem" himself or control the demon. He was built up so much just to have Doc Oct literally slap him out of the plot. We don't even see if he lived or not, like absolutely no one says anything.
Also, how does giving some kid a serum give them demon/corruption powers!? I mean it was a great way to tie MN into the plot with Norman and Otto going their separate ways after creating MN, but his powers don't really make sense unless I missed something.
Man, the developers had balls with that ending, made me tear up.

Honestly,
Spoiler:
It's getting a little tiring having yet another Spider-Man game with a disease ravaging NYC. They handled it well here, but I got flashbacks to TASM1 and Web of Shadows.

Overall gameplay and web slinging are phenomenonal and fresh. Love the little details and easter eggs throughout the game like the pizza time theme.

0/10 I didn't get to play as Big Wheel.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Well tonight I got 100%, I did beat the story on Thursday night and then today I finished off getting the last bit of stuff I needed to do.

Can't wait for the DLC and the inevitable sequel.
optimum in mundi

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:25 am

The only thing holding me back from getting this game is that it seems absurdly short. 100%ing it in like two days makes it seem like it wouldn't be worth the money. I mean, I played SM2 for several years and never did track down some of the collectibles and junk. Not that I was necessarily trying for most of that time, but still.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:59 pm

JAGzilla wrote:The only thing holding me back from getting this game is that it seems absurdly short. 100%ing it in like two days makes it seem like it wouldn't be worth the money. I mean, I played SM2 for several years and never did track down some of the collectibles and junk. Not that I was necessarily trying for most of that time, but still.

It's really not that short, I put in about 30+ hours in order to complete the game. Normally when I play a game I put in about 2 hours a day max but with this game I was putting in 6+ hours a day. I think the shortest time I spent with the game was 2 hours.
Last edited by gvamp on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
optimum in mundi

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Beat it and thoughourly enjoyed it although it made me want more. A sequel should be a bigger and better version.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 pm

I got the platinum trophy last week, only took me 12 days.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 pm

So I'm 99% sure the main villain for the last DLC is going to be Silvermane based on the title of the DLC. I was hoping for The Lizard in one of the DLCs but I don't think it'll happen. I just don't see how he could fit into any of them based on the titles of them.

Oh well there's always hope for the inevitable sequel.
optimum in mundi

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Got the game this weekend and I’m really enjoying it. Haven’t done much story yet, but I’m having a blast swinging around and grabbing collectibles.

I’ll echo what someone above said though, the story does seem short - I’m only just about to go to Aunt May’s party and it already says I’m 12% through?

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Has anyone played the new dlc yet? I've only played through a bit and it's pretty good. I wish they'd stop giving us MJ missions, they're annoying.

Also, Black Cat is thicc.

Added in 20 days 22 hours 32 minutes 30 seconds:
The trailer for the next DLC, Turf Wars, has been released! It's about Yuri and Spider-Man going against Hammerhead and the Mafia.

The three new suits are the original MK1 Spider-Armor, Manga (Spider-Clan), and the classic Iron-Spider.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 pm

The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Return to “Video Game Hub”