Spider-Man (PS4 Exclusive)

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Spider-Man (PS4 Exclusive)

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Silver Sable is in the game, confirmed by the new story trailer. Also we have the third preorder suit, the all new "Velocity" spidey.

We're getting closer and closer to September 7th!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Between this, God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Red Dead Redemption 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and The Walking Dead: The Final Season. It's hard to decide which might win Game of the Year. Such a great year for games. :huge:

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 pm

As much as I loved God of War the Spider Man fan of me is probably going to give GotY to Spider Man.
optimum in mundi

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 am

gvamp wrote:As much as I loved God of War the Spider Man fan of me is probably going to give GotY to Spider Man.

Yup, easily my most anticipated game of the year the rest of the way with Shadow of the Tomb Raider a close second.

As for the three DLC expansions, we already know the first will feature Black Cat, whoever will star in the other two story DLCs is anyone's guess, but since Kingpin is not only featured, but an actual boss and there's a Nelson & Murdock easter egg found somewhere in the game:

I wonder if we'll get DareDevil in one of the other two story add-ons. The only thing that would make me any more hyped for this game would be a playable DareDevil in one of the 3 story DLCs (still no word on if these characters will be playable or just featured in said DLC).
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Game looks like poop.

And it will be poop.

Just like every other shitty game released by shitty companies this shitty year.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Game looks like poop.

And it will be poop.

Just like every other shitty game released by shitty companies this shitty year.

What makes you say that? I'm legitimately curious. I don't really care about games anymore but I did preorder this one since I've endured all those movie tie in Spidey games, so this one will hopefully be decent.

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

And it will be poop.

What makes you say that? I'm legitimately curious. I don't really care about games anymore but I did preorder this one since I've endured all those movie tie in Spidey games, so this one will hopefully be decent.

I've just been stabbed in the back by the industry and their greed one too many times. Every time I dare get excited for a game they do something scummy, selfish, unethical, and illogical that absolutely ruins it. The industry doesn't care about making a good game anymore. All they care about is finding new ways to cheat their customers and steal every last penny they can muster – be it gambling simulators like loot boxes, heaps of microtransactions, Pay to Win mechanics, or, the one that set me off and drove me to write that comment today, turning classic single-player story-based RPGs into skreeonking ONLINE-ONLY MULTIPLAYER GAMES!

There hasn't been a single good game released this year and as long as these practices keep up there won't ever be.

And these practices will keep up. And they will get worse. Because idiots continue to preorder these piles of crap and buy into the industry's shady business practices.

I am skreeonking DONE.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Northwind1995
Ronin

Postby Northwind1995 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:20 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:There hasn't been a single good game released this year

I do not agree with this part of your post.

Take a look at this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_in_v ... e_releases

There are plenty of good games in there. I personally enjoy Monster Hunter World, the remastered Dark Souls and the PC port of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy, and later this month comes out Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, which I do not expect to be a bad game.

As for Spider-Man, the fact that it is a PS4 exclusive makes it hard for me to care much about it when I lack a PS4 and prefer to play games on PC, but I am curious to see how it will turn out.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:37 am

God of War, Sea of Thieves, and Monster Hunter World were RAVED about in my circle of friends. "Good" games is a subjective term. Example; people rip on Jurassic World Evolution, but I bloody love it. So.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

And it will be poop.

I've just been stabbed in the back by the industry and their greed one too many times. Every time I dare get excited for a game they do something scummy, selfish, unethical, and illogical that absolutely ruins it. The industry doesn't care about making a good game anymore. All they care about is finding new ways to cheat their customers and steal every last penny they can muster – be it gambling simulators like loot boxes, heaps of microtransactions, Pay to Win mechanics, or, the one that set me off and drove me to write that comment today, turning classic single-player story-based RPGs into skreeonking ONLINE-ONLY MULTIPLAYER GAMES!

There hasn't been a single good game released this year and as long as these practices keep up there won't ever be.

And these practices will keep up. And they will get worse. Because idiots continue to preorder these piles of crap and buy into the industry's shady business practices.

I am skreeonking DONE.

God of War, DragonBall FighterZ, Shadow of the Colossus remake and Monster Hunter: World would like to have a word with you.

Of course, this year also gave us the epic fail that was Metal Gear Survive, but my point still stands.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:38 pm

KManX89 wrote:God of War, DragonBall FighterZ, Shadow of the Colossus remake and Monster Hunter: World would like to have a word with you.

Of course, this year also gave us the epic fail that was Metal Gear Survive, but my point still stands.

Oi don't forget Detroit: Become Human!

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KManX89 wrote:God of War, DragonBall FighterZ, Shadow of the Colossus remake and Monster Hunter: World would like to have a word with you.

Oi don't forget Detroit: Become Human!

Detroit being anywhere near a GOTY award is the funniest thing I've ever read.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Detroit being anywhere near a GOTY award is the funniest thing I've ever read.

It's theme alone and the emotion and heart it has makes it definitely a worthy contender.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Detroit being anywhere near a GOTY award is the funniest thing I've ever read.

It's theme alone and the emotion and heart it has makes it definitely a worthy contender.

I haven't played it but how's the gameplay? 'Cos that's what is most important.

GodzillavsZilla

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Let's keep this as on topic as possible, put whatever you want to say about Detroit in its own thread if there is one (and I don't think there is one so someone can get on that).

On topic, I actually haven't seen much from this game... yet I'm rather excited about it. I guess I'm just a sucker for Spider-Man and what little I've seen, it looks pretty good (adding a lot to the discussion I know :lol: ).
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:44 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

I haven't played it but how's the gameplay? 'Cos that's what is most important.

It’s essentially like playing a long movie, with a bunch of dialogue choices, waking and button prompts being the main sources of any real gameplay. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but after I got the ending that I wanted, I don’t see myself going back to Detroit anytime soon. It’s not for everyone, that’s for sure.

EDIT: On topic: One of the main things that I love that Insomniac is doing business wise with Spider-Man, is the fact that even though there are a handful of preorder suits, you can still unlock them just by playing the game. Not a lot of studios do this kind of thing anymore, and it’s just something I appreciate. That makes me even more impatient to finally play the hell out of this, on top of everything else.

#BotM

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:11 pm

^Thanks Godzilla165!

I'm betting the big bad of the game is Green Goblin, although I wouldn't be surprised if they bait him for the inevitable sequel.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:33 pm

I've been avoiding news stuff on the game so I don't spoil myself with it. I did watch the E3 trailer/gameplay and loved that but other than that any YouTube video that pops up on the subject I ignore same with news articles on IGN or any other game news site.
optimum in mundi

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:21 pm

gvamp wrote:I've been avoiding news stuff on the game so I don't spoil myself with it. I did watch the E3 trailer/gameplay and loved that but other than that any YouTube video that pops up on the subject I ignore same with news articles on IGN or any other game news site.

Well, I did stumble across the Nelson & Murdock ad in the game on Twitter, but it doesn't necessarily mean DareDevil will be in the game, it could just be an easter egg.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:23 am

The teaser for the "City That Never Sleeps" DLC with Black Cat has already been released. I swear she's got the same voice actress she's had in the last 800 games. she also looks mighty fine

Ya know, the more I look at the game the art style kinda bugs me, I know graphics and such don't make a game but the mo-cap seems a little..... weird.

Return to “Video Game Hub”