Friday the 13th: The Game (2017)

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Maritonic

Friday the 13th: The Game (2017)

Postby Maritonic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:03 am

Hey all. I searched, went through all the pages, but I don't see a thread dedicated to the 2017 Friday the 13th game.

Does anyone here play it? I, personally, play it on PS4. It's got it's flaws but I find it very fun and full of nostalgic call backs to the films.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

GodzillavsJason

Re: Friday the 13th: The Game (2017)

Postby GodzillavsJason » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:42 am

I have it on the Xbox One and I'm still loving it.

There are flaws, but I can look past most of them if not all, because I still have a great time with it.

Also, I'm really glad they're fixing Part 7 Jason.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

"Stop being a skreeonk and put it in my mouth!"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

"For the kids"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 am

GodzillavsJason wrote:I have it on the Xbox One and I'm still loving it.

There are flaws, but I can look past most of them if not all, because I still have a great time with it.

Also, I'm really glad they're fixing Part 7 Jason.

Agreed. 7 is my favorite visually, but I think my favorite to play as right now is Part 2.

I shockingly enjoy playing as Roy a lot, though.

I'm anxious for them to add the weapon swap ability, though.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:52 am

7 is always great to look at it, but I always liked the look of Part 8 as well. Speaking of Part 8, he is currently the one I play the most.

Roy is definitely a lot of fun to play as, hell I prefer playing him over some of the Jasons. Plus, the music that accompanies him when he shows up is awesome. Love that loud horn that plays right when he teleports to you.

I admit that I'm a bit neutral on the upcoming weapon swap. I like the idea of any Jason having any weapon, but I feel you'll lose part of that incentive (Not all of it, since you still have the strengths and weakness to account for) since each Jason has their own unique set of kills. I don't know, that's just me, but I'll probably end up liking it when it comes out.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah I get what you mean about the incentives of Jason's particular weapons. But the idea of playing as Part 7 with an axe, or Part 6 with a machete outweighs it.

I'm hoping they'll find a way to incorporate Pamela somehow.
Resized Image

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Considering how Pamela was a goal on the Kickstarter, I think she'll be added to the game sooner or later. The real question is whether or not they'll make a new game mode just for her.
52 wins and 27 loses

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:31 am

GodzillavsJason wrote:Considering how Pamela was a goal on the Kickstarter, I think she'll be added to the game sooner or later. The real question is whether or not they'll make a new game mode just for her.

I've seen some people on forums suggest they change the future Paranoia game mode to be a Pamela game mode. Personally, I think she would work as her own killer with some minor changes to gameplay, since they made Roy work. Instead of hearing Pamela talking like when you're Jason, she just talks to herself as she does in the first film. I suppose the main thing they'd have to alter would be killing her, since there would be no sweater/mask removal/Tommy Jarvis requirements from a lore standpoint.
Resized Image

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Instead of Tommy, they could just call in Alice to help kill Pamela. That might be the best thing to do if they want to keep it mostly the same when Pamela is the killer. But yeah, when Pamela is in the game, it might be better to do a whole new game type for her, however, like you said, they made Roy work.

It's really up in the air. Only time will tell what will be the endgame for Pamela.
52 wins and 27 loses

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 am

Resized Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Nice job drawing out Über-Jason's release forever and ever, ass hats. But, hey, at least we got bikinis.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 am

Well, it seems like with the developers recent comments that even IF the lawsuit is settled sometime soon there will be never be new content in this game, it seems it's likely going to slowly die. Such wasted potential here.
Resized Image

Return to “Video Game Hub”