Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby Ivo-goji » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Skull Kid but not Impa? Wat
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Would Heihachi Mishima from Tekken be good choice?

Sakurai wanted him in smash 4.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Ivo-goji wrote:Skull Kid but not Impa? Wat

Nothing against Impa (if we could add more than one LoZ character she'd be one of my top choices), but she'd just be another "fantasy hero with a sword" type. Skull Kid is one of the series' more iconic villains and one of its more striking characters, design-wise. Though I do admit some of the fun of him being a playable character is kinda gone with the Moon no longer being an option for his Final Smash.

(I mean, I guess it still could be, but having it as a Final Smash and an Assist Trophy would be kinda weird.)
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am

Here's an idea for a third party character, a worm from the worms game series. its final smash could be the hole hand grenade or the sheep.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 am

Great prediction list Titano. Although I feel Shantae is more likely at this point then Dixie considering how frequently requested she is (She's especially popular in Japan) and so far Sakurai has been giving everyone characters they've wanted. That and with Shovel Knight as an AT. She's pretty much guarantee at this point. I'll personally be surprised if that's not the case.

As for Heihachi. If you guys been keeping up with the leaks and how true they've been so far. He's likely in.

-

BTW decided to change my prediction list.

“King”: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong); Confirmed
“Ponytail”: Shantae (Shantae)
“Old Man”: Heihachi (Tekken)
“Archer”: Decidueye (Pokemon)
“Warrior”: N/A
“Secretary”: N/A
“Mech”: Spring Man (ARMS)
“Rhythm”: Inkling (Splatoon); Confirmed
“Doll”: Geno (Super Mario RPG)
“Folklore”: Simon Belmont (Castlevania); Confirmed
"Prime Ribs”: Ridley (Metroid); Confirmed

-

Echo Fighters:

Chrom (Fire Emblem); Confirmed
Daisy (Super Mario Bros.); Confirmed
Dark Samus (Metroid); Confirmed
Isabella (Animal Crossing)
Richter Belmont (Castlevania); Confirmed
Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:09 am

^why do you think Shantae is more likely than Dixie?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:12 am

Shantae isn't going in over Dixie. Popularity or not, Dixie has a far bigger chance as an Echo Fighter than someone like Shantae who needs an entirely new moveset and animation rig. Oh, and licensing as well.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:17 am

I just figure since its being called Ultimate and Sakurai has been giving fans everything they wanted (King K. Rool and Ridley for example) that would had been the case. Again just an prediction. I admit I could be wrong.

Also considering the amounts of Third-Parties I thought it wouldn't be too hard of an issue especially being Shovel Knight (Another Indie character) is an AT.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:53 pm

For the next game, guest characters should include Chrono from Chrono Trigger, a long with a Scorpion and Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Although I doubt it will be the final installment. I do feel Ultimate seems like this conclusion to a great series and I don't personally see how any further installments can top this one off. I feel after such a game like this. Sakurai deserves a break and to retire with dignity having given the fans what they finally wanted all these years. A perfect Smash Bros. game including heavily requested ones such as K. Rool and Ridley.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 pm

How about Assist Trophy, who are you guys hoping for?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:18 pm

This was just posted.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/08 ... arate-joe/

It would make sense for Inkling to be "Warrior" then at this point. Shall update my Prediction list soon enough then.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Man Nintendo has become savage, every time they make a trailer for the edgy newcomers they kill off one of their own mascots.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Well here's my final official prediction. Could be right, could be wrong. Won't know until more are revealed. Not including Echo Fighters.

“King”: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong); Confirmed
“Ponytail”: Shantae (Shantae)
“Old Man”: Heihachi (Tekken)
“Archer”: Decidueye (Pokemon)
“Warrior”: Inkling (Splatoon)
“Secretary”: Kamek (Super Mario Bros.) or Phosphora (Kid Icarus)
“Mech”: Spring Man (ARMS)
“Rhythm”: Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
“Doll”: Geno (Super Mario RPG)
“Folklore”: Simon Belmont (Castlevania); Confirmed
"Prime Ribs”: Ridley (Metroid); Confirmed

Now with the "Secretary". In case those are curious. How I came to that prediction is this. Now with Kamek on paper he may not seem that important to make the cut but if you really think about it he does being he's the main enemy of Yoshi and normally main villain of those games as well as being a rep on that side. He definitely has more to attribute then Waluigi who only appeared in spin-off Mario games like Party or sports ones.

Then with Phosphora who too fits "Secretary" rather well being she works for Viridi and so technically a spy. Not too out of the question for her to make the cut and having another Kid Icarus rep added to the roster being Sakurai loves the series. That and unlike Viridi whose never been seen fighting whereas Phosphora has who you fight in the modern Kid Icarus games, it'd be easy to come up with a moveset for her. So I think if anyone else from that series gets in. It'll be her. Especially being we haven't seen her as an Assist Trophy yet alongside Shadow and Skull Kid. So she may have a shot.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:12 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Now with the "Secretary". In case those are curious. How I came to that prediction is this. Now with Kamek on paper he may not seem that important to make the cut but if you really think about it he does being he's the main enemy of Yoshi and normally main villain of those games as well as being a rep on that side. He definitely has more to attribute then Waluigi who only appeared in spin-off Mario games like Party or sports ones.

Then with Phosphora who too fits "Secretary" rather well being she works for Viridi and so technically a spy. Not too out of the question for her to make the cut and having another Kid Icarus rep added to the roster being Sakurai loves the series. That and unlike Viridi whose never been seen fighting whereas Phosphora has who you fight in the modern Kid Icarus games, it'd be easy to come up with a moveset for her. So I think if anyone else from that series gets in. It'll be her. Especially being we haven't seen her as an Assist Trophy yet alongside Shadow and Skull Kid. So she may have a shot.

You just basically made the case for Phosphora, lol. She fits the "Secretary" nickname much more than Kamek.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:14 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:You just basically made the case for Phosphora, lol. She fits the "Secretary" nickname much more than Kamek.

Kamek does the same as well for Baby Bowser hence why I predict either him or Phosphora especially if we take Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island into account.

Should had probably brought that up in my post.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:53 pm

I think half a dozen is a bit more than a "few". I'm personally thinking that three to four newcomers (excluding echoes) will be revealed before launch.The one character I am confident will make it to smash is..

Crash Bandicoot - So I don't know what the relationship is like between Sony and Nintendo, but since the newest Crash game appeared on Switch, there must be something there right? I believe Crash has enough uniqueness to him, bringing with him a silly craziness Smash Brothers hasn't seen in the current roster!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:11 pm

UltimateDitto wrote:I think half a dozen is a bit more than a "few". I'm personally thinking that three to four newcomers (excluding echoes) will be revealed before launch.The one character I am confident will make it to smash is..

Well its still less then the newcomers that debuted in the previous installments all of which were 14. 11 (Not including Echo Fighters) would be less then that. Also that less dozen is based on a leak that was released a while back.

As for Crash you're probably more likely to see him in a PSASBR sequel. I would put my bets on Banjo-Kazooie being more likely especially given that Microsoft gave Nintendo permission to use them. I expect if they make it though. It'll be through DLC.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
UltimateDitto wrote:I think half a dozen is a bit more than a "few". I'm personally thinking that three to four newcomers (excluding echoes) will be revealed before launch.The one character I am confident will make it to smash is..

Well its still less then the newcomers that debuted in the previous installments all of which were 14. 11 (Not including Echo Fighters) would be less then that. Also that less dozen is based on a leak that was released a while back.

As for Crash you're probably more likely to see him in a PSASBR sequel. I would put my bets on Banjo-Kazooie being more likely especially given that Microsoft gave Nintendo permission to use them. I expect if they make it though. It'll be through DLC.

Oh yeah, I forgot that game existed. I'm still holding out for him though. :lol:

Banjo would be really great to see, and since highly requested characters are finding there way into the game...Banjo and Kazooie would be a pleasure to see, and I'm confident Sakurai, his team, and Rare will make him stand out from duck hunt!
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:23 pm

UltimateDitto wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot that game existed. I'm still holding out for him though. :lol:

Banjo would be really great to see, and since highly requested characters are finding there way into the game...Banjo and Kazooie would be a pleasure to see, and I'm confident Sakurai, his team, and Rare will make him stand out from duck hunt!

Duck Hunt Duo would be like the perfect rival for them. Mammal and bird buddies duking it out.

Return to “Video Game Hub”