Page 30 of 31

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:21 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
MM Raids Again wrote:Saw an advertisement for Spyro on Switch on Youtube the other day. Wonder if he'll pop up as DLC in a future season.

First Crash will have to get in. No way will Spyro get in before Crash does.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 pm
by miguelnuva
Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I think Sub Zero is more likely than Scorpion. Imp Midna & Wolf Link would finally break the cycle of Links being mostly the same but slightly different.


Scorpion is the face now over Sub Zero.


Sub-Zero is a softer character, he doesn't need to be watered down as much to be put in a PG-13 environment, and he's had his own spin off game.


Yeah then something happened around MK deception and Scorpion became the face over Sub-Zero. Scorpion was in injustice first and he's on neatheralm's poster.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:55 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
>Scorpion can't be in because too violent.
>Yet Smash has Snake, Bayonetta, Ridley, Simon, Richter and Joker.

Why is the violent debate a thing again? Can't wait for Sakurai to break another so called fan rule once Doom Slayer gets added.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 pm
by Fish Cakes
TitanoGoji16 wrote:
True, but I imagine Nintendo cares even less about the Spirits than Sakurai would.

Mii Fighter costumes matter even less than the Spirits do, as far as characters on the roster go. There are Mii costumes of Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc.

Was more a note against Geno than having to do with spirits (still wondering what significance Geno has in his game??)

Mii costumes matter for characters not on the roster, at least the DLC ones do, which are a "well, better than nothing, right?" sort of deal as seen with Sans.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:12 pm
by Living Corpse
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:>Scorpion can't be in because too violent.
>Yet Smash has Snake, Bayonetta, Ridley, Simon, Richter and Joker.

Why is the violent debate a thing again? Can't wait for Sakurai to break another so called fan rule once Doom Slayer gets added.


I said Sub-Zero didn't need to be watered down as much, I didn't say Scorpion didn't have a chance, I said Sub had a better chance. :roll:

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:36 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
Living Corpse wrote:I said Sub-Zero didn't need to be watered down as much, I didn't say Scorpion didn't have a chance, I said Sub had a better chance. :roll:

Except Scorpion is the poster boy, face and icon of Mortal Kombat. If anyone from that is gonna get into Smash its him. They'll manage to make him work as they had with the others I listed.

Same reason Heihachi is the Tekken character in guest games despite not being the protagonist.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 pm
by miguelnuva
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I said Sub-Zero didn't need to be watered down as much, I didn't say Scorpion didn't have a chance, I said Sub had a better chance. :roll:

Except Scorpion is the poster boy, face and icon of Mortal Kombat. If anyone from that is gonna get into Smash its him. They'll manage to make him work as they had with the others I listed.

Same reason Heihachi is the Tekken character in guest games despite not being the protagonist.


The three Mishimas are all equally Tekken's poster boys. Harada just sends Heihachi to guest guess because it fits his character than Jinnir Kazuya.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 am
by GodzillaFan1990's
I feel in terms of another Square reps I think Lara Croft is being slept on especially after Terry's reveal which I recall wasn't demanded that much or at least close to the likes of Banjo & Kazooie, Belmonts, King K. Rool and Ridley.

I say this because there's a reason Terry was added. SNK's legacy in gaming and Fatal Fury/King of Fighters being the inspiration for Smash.

Lara is THE video game female protagonist and a big thing in the 90's. Something to think about I wouldn't be surprised if she's chosen as the another Square rep if they get another one beyond this pass.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:42 pm
by tyrantgoji
Well comfirmed,any chance of non-game characters getting into Smash has been Oficially Crushed by Sakurai himself.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:46 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
tyrantgoji wrote:Well comfirmed,any chance of non-game characters getting into Smash has been Oficially Crushed by Sakurai himself.

The fact it was a thing to begin with was idiotic.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:53 pm
by SoggyNoodles2016
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Well comfirmed,any chance of non-game characters getting into Smash has been Oficially Crushed by Sakurai himself.

The fact it was a thing to begin with was idiotic.

Image

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:55 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:snip

I wasn't saying he was wrong tho...What does that have to do with being wrong?

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm
by tyrantgoji
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:snip

I wasn't saying he was wrong tho...What does that have to do with being wrong?


He means your correct silly. ;)

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
tyrantgoji wrote:He means your correct silly. ;)

My bad I misinterpreted. Thought that image was more towards your post.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:23 pm
by Fish Cakes
It was clarified a while ago though, did he have to re-clarify or something?

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:42 pm
by miguelnuva
Fish Cakes wrote:It was clarified a while ago though, did he have to re-clarify or something?


Sakurai loves to say Goku and whatever popular non video game character at the time will not get into his smash over and over.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 am
by GodzillaFan1990's
Guys! We did it! We've figured out who the final character for this pass is!

https://twitter.com/PVMAGKVIDEOS/status ... 9881867265

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:51 am
by Fish Cakes
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Guys! We did it! We've figured out who the final character for this pass is!

https://twitter.com/PVMAGKVIDEOS/status ... 9881867265

God, I wish. (Hat Kid is owned by Humble Bundle??)

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:28 am
by Shhh! The Octopus
Terry is out today.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:44 pm
by MrGameguycolor
Remember kids:

"Smash is for good boys and girls."


Also, Terry is awesome and heck yeah a bunch of low tiers got buffed!