Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
G-Matt
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby G-Matt » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 pm

What's with all the disregard towards Melee? I thought that one was one of the more popular entries in the series. I, for one, still really enjoy it.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:13 pm

G-Matt wrote:What's with all the disregard towards Melee? I thought that one was one of the more popular entries in the series. I, for one, still really enjoy it.

It's pretty good. I don't think anyone is serious.

The joke is that there's tons of people who exclusively play melee and completely disregard other entries in the series.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:That'd be great. I was hoping there'd be some mods for the stage builder, that thing's a pain in the ass to work with. It only zooms in so much, so keeping track of blocks on a grid is no fun :(

It's such a shame that even though the Stage Builder has been around for three games, the thing is still so damn wonky and lacking in basic concepts/functions. The main terrain setting needs to have both free-drawn and pre-sized blocks, not one or the other. The amount limit needs to be much higher than it is (I understand not being able to go insane with terrain amount/size, but come on, surely there's a happy middle ground). The amount of stage hazard options is pitiful, and there needs to be the friggin' ability to give your stages ceilings, with your characters respawning underneath it!

I've been trying to recreate Bowser's iconic World 1-4 bridge over lava for three games now and it's still impossible to accurately pull off. :mad:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Postby Billzilla1974 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:59 am

Banjo-Kazooie is my favorite addition to Ultimate, having played both Banjo & Tooie a few years ago, its great to see them & their old moves back after so long.
It's also great that, unlike K.Rool, the duo can actually run & jump quickly enough to dodge & preform combos while still hitting like a truck.
The Wonderwing is also a terrific counter to spammers (PKFIRE/Link's arrows) and since their are only five golden feathers per stock I don't think it's overpowered since you need to use them carefully or risk losing a stock.

Banjo used to have 10 to 20 Golden feathers back in BK & Tooie, and 25 in Grunty's revenge, Since the feathers back them lasted 2 seconds each, imagine them with 10 times the invincibility they have in Ultimate, Banjo & Kazooie would've definitely been overpowered at their peak with 50 seconds of invulnerability. And that's not even all the powers they had formally (Fire & ice eggs, extended flight, transformations, etc.)
I think they're balanced as is, I really hope they don't pull a King K.rool and nerf them just because some people don't know how to grab/shield/dodge the Wonderwing.

I never liked Sans or Undertale however, in fact, I find both to be rather overrated, and had the misfortune of knowing several toxic UT fans in Highschool.

I also really wish the first dragon quest Hero had been an Alt-skin for Hero, since I've come to admire ancient gladiator-looking armor he wears. Despite that, I think he's an interesting character to play as.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!
Banjo-Kazooie Main.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:53 am

I'm predicting Doom Slayer to be DLC fighter 5 and final one for this Season Pass.

Terry comes out in November which is when said fighter will likely be announced and know what also comes out in November?

Doom Eternal.

Then at the VGA on the 12th of December is when they'll announce Doom Slayer is out for release surprising everyone given how early it is.

I won't deny the possibility in being wrong and I'm probably am but I'm throwing in the bone.

-

Piranha Plant

Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Doom Slayer

-
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Now, I am not saying I think that these are the most likely characters, or that we'll be getting all of these characters (or even one of them), or anything like that. They are, however, the characters I do believe I'd like to see added most to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster: My top ten most wanted Nintendo characters and my top ten most wanted guest fighters.

So... Enjoy, I guess. :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:15 pm

The rule is that if you ever see Geno listed on anything...it's fake :)
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:16 pm

I think Sub Zero is more likely than Scorpion. Imp Midna & Wolf Link would finally break the cycle of Links being mostly the same but slightly different.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:19 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Now, I am not saying I think that these are the most likely characters, or that we'll be getting all of these characters (or even one of them), or anything like that. They are, however, the characters I do believe I'd like to see added most to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster: My top ten most wanted Nintendo characters and my top ten most wanted guest fighters.

So... Enjoy, I guess. :lol:

Geno is third party. Sakurai said he was his most wanted through the melee and brawl days but couldn't use him for that reason.

Added in 12 minutes 6 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:I think Sub Zero is more likely than Scorpion. Imp Midna & Wolf Link would finally break the cycle of Links being mostly the same but slightly different.

Scorpion is the face now over Sub Zero.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:43 pm

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I think Sub Zero is more likely than Scorpion. Imp Midna & Wolf Link would finally break the cycle of Links being mostly the same but slightly different.

Scorpion is the face now over Sub Zero.

Sub-Zero is a softer character, he doesn't need to be watered down as much to be put in a PG-13 environment, and he's had his own spin off game.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:54 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The rule is that if you ever see Geno listed on anything...it's fake :)

Of course it's fake, I just said this was my wish list. I'm not even sure "fake" qualifies in this situation. :P

miguelnuva wrote:Geno is third party.

This is my fantasy world, leave me alone. :P

Gerdzerl

Postby Gerdzerl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:37 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The rule is that if you ever see Geno listed on anything...it's fake :)

I don't see how. Geno could still very well show up.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 am

Geno is a Spirit though. Could still happen if they bend stuff a bit I guess, but it's really unlikely.

Also, what was his significance in the Mario RPG anyway? I always assumed he was just another party member like the ones in Paper Mario. Why do people want him specifically so bad?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 am

Because SMRPG is just a really good game.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 am

Fish Cakes wrote:Geno is a Spirit though. Could still happen if they bend stuff a bit I guess, but it's really unlikely.

I've never understood this line of thought. Do you (not you specifically, Fish Cakes, but an in general "you") really think if Sakurai wanted to add a character to Smash Bros., he'd suddenly stop and go "Oh, wait, I can't, there's a static picture of them somewhere else in the game"?

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:06 am

I can see Geno show up for the next wave of DLC, but I guarantee that he won't be the fifth character for this first wave.

Also Reggie was totally right when he said, characters new to Smash Bros will be on the fighters pass.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:14 am

Sakurai is always breaking the fan rules too. As far as it goes we don't know if Spirits actually deconfirm as many people claims.

We could see Spirit or Assist upgrades especially after the outcry for Waluigi.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:17 am

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I've never understood this line of thought. Do you (not you specifically, Fish Cakes, but an in general "you") really think if Sakurai wanted to add a character to Smash Bros., he'd suddenly stop and go "Oh, wait, I can't, there's a static picture of them somewhere else in the game"?

Sakurai isn't deciding DLC, Nintendo is IIRC.

It's not impossible like I said, it's more-so "How does that work with the existing spirit battle? And Fighter Spirit?" and that they're already a spirit, Mii costume, or assist trophy shows that they've been acknowledged and are "in smash".
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:56 am

Fish Cakes wrote:Sakurai isn't deciding DLC, Nintendo is IIRC.

True, but I imagine Nintendo cares even less about the Spirits than Sakurai would.

Fish Cakes wrote:Mii costume

Mii Fighter costumes matter even less than the Spirits do, as far as characters on the roster go. There are Mii costumes of Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:59 pm

Saw an advertisement for Spyro on Switch on Youtube the other day. Wonder if he'll pop up as DLC in a future season.
Did you miss me?

Return to “Video Game Hub”