Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
G-Matt
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby G-Matt » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Home run contest is back? What?!

Is Break the Targets back? I loved that mode in Melee. Always thought Ultimate would be a good place for that mode with the stage editor.

Yep, Home Run came as part of the 5.0 update. Targets, however, isn't back, and probably won't come back since Sakurai stated that Home Run would be the final "new" mode they'll be adding.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

G-Matt wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Home run contest is back? What?!

Is Break the Targets back? I loved that mode in Melee. Always thought Ultimate would be a good place for that mode with the stage editor.

Yep, Home Run came as part of the 5.0 update. Targets, however, isn't back, and probably won't come back since Sakurai stated that Home Run would be the final "new" mode they'll be adding.

This is terrible news... :(
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 am

Never liked Targets.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 am

The last time break the targets was good was when there were like 12 characters in N64.

You’d be insane to ask them to make specifically individualized break the target levels for so many characters.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:You’d be insane to ask them to make specifically individualized break the target levels for so many characters.

I mean, Break The Targets was never my favorite mode, but they could easily just do one target stage for all the characters to go through.
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:35 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:You’d be insane to ask them to make specifically individualized break the target levels for so many characters.

I mean, Break The Targets was never my favorite mode, but they could easily just do one target stage for all the characters to go through.

Yeah, but that's why people stopped caring. The original one on the N64 was gold, because each stage basically was a challenge to perfect with each fighter.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:35 pm

<3
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:43 pm

Kerby is my favorite Pokemon
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:26 pm

Orichalcum wrote:Kerby is my favorite Pokemon

The most cuddly blorb with the raw power to destroy entire galaxies. <3
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Gerdzerl

Postby Gerdzerl » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:46 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The last time break the targets was good was when there were like 12 characters in N64.

You’d be insane to ask them to make specifically individualized break the target levels for so many characters.

What about the ones in Melee?

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Gerdzerl wrote:What about the ones in Melee?

They stunk.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Melee sucks
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Melee is stinky and needs a bath.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:Melee is stinky and needs a bath.

Melee players are stinky and need a bath

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Gerdzerl wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:The last time break the targets was good was when there were like 12 characters in N64.

What about the ones in Melee?

They were... good. Some lacked the same creative flair as the N64 versions (not surprising due to the larger roster and expanded 1P modes), but definitely leagues better than what was used in SSBB. If Target Smash was to be brought back but styled after SSBB's, I'd be fine with it never returning.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:26 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

stinky Melee players are needs and is a bath

Gerdzerl

Postby Gerdzerl » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 pm

In that case, yeah, it might be best if it didn't return unless the modding community somehow makes a unique Break the Targets for each character or something.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:28 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

this is true as well
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Gerdzerl wrote:In that case, yeah, it might be best if it didn't return unless the modding community somehow makes a unique Break the Targets for each character or something.

That'd be great. I was hoping there'd be some mods for the stage builder, that thing's a pain in the ass to work with. It only zooms in so much, so keeping track of blocks on a grid is no fun :(
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:17 pm

I am sort of nostalgic for the N64 weirdness of some of the bonus stages that were unique. Like fighting Metal Mario.

Return to “Video Game Hub”