Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 pm

gottatalktothefake wrote:I can't believe sans is in skreeonking Smash Brothers

Sans in means skies the limit. I'm now at this point expecting Goku to be the final Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Like really, while a lot of stuff would be awesome, what would impress us at this point?

Also I was playing with Banjo a lot last night. He was decent, I'm just glad to finally see Banjo and Kazooie in a game in some fashion.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:52 am

On the assumption spirits, DLC Mii Costumes, and assist trophies still deconfirm: Doomguy*, Scorpion, Lara Croft*, Spyro*, Crash, Hollow Knight or Wasp*, Hat Kid*, Toriel*, Monster Hunter*, Dark Souls, Tekken old man, Master Hand, and Okami Amaterasu* are cool third-parties off the top of my head.

For first parties: Sylux from Metroid, Adeline from Kirby*, Zelda rep but idk who, DK rep but idk who's left (Dixie, Cranky, and Funky are all Spirits, would have loved any of them), Star Fox is dead RIP, no more Pokemon please, really drained first party options with spirits...

*Top picks, but I've been saying the roster is perfect since they added Ridley and K. Rool. Then they added Banjo-Kazooie. Anyone else is a bonus. <3
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:34 am

Monster Hunter I don't think is getting in since I think he/she would had been revealed with Rathalos.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:41 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Monster Hunter I don't think is getting in since I think he/she would had been revealed with Rathalos.

There’s dozens more iconic Monster Hunter enemies and locations. It would also be easy to just add it in as a character without a stage. Post Sans everything is possible.

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
Fish Cakes wrote:On the assumption spirits, DLC Mii Costumes, and assist trophies still deconfirm: Doomguy*, Scorpion, Lara Croft*, Spyro*, Crash, Hollow Knight or Wasp*, Hat Kid*, Toriel*, Monster Hunter*, Dark Souls, Tekken old man, Master Hand, and Okami Amaterasu* are cool third-parties off the top of my head.

For first parties: Sylux from Metroid, Adeline from Kirby*, Zelda rep but idk who, DK rep but idk who's left (Dixie, Cranky, and Funky are all Spirits, would have loved any of them), Star Fox is dead RIP, no more Pokemon please, really drained first party options with spirits...

*Top picks, but I've been saying the roster is perfect since they added Ridley and K. Rool. Then they added Banjo-Kazooie. Anyone else is a bonus. <3

People still expecting first party characters? I feel like every dlc character is obligated to be something that’s special and can’t just be in another Nintendo game.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:43 am

Give me Raiden dammit
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:48 am

I have no idea who Sans is. Its some skeleton guy wearing slippers. Is he really that popular in the gaming world? As for Fatal Fury that was a nice surprise. Even though I wasn't a big fan of the game I did love the NEO GEO. That intro for him really brought back memories. I tell you I played the Hell out of King Of The Monsters back then.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:06 am

gottatalktothefake wrote:Give me Raiden dammit

Which Raiden tho? ;P

Image Image

G-Matt
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby G-Matt » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:18 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Which Raiden tho? ;P

Image Image

There is only one.

G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:28 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Which Raiden tho? ;P

Image Image

Metal gear obviously
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Gerdzerl

Postby Gerdzerl » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:56 am

The only character left that I still very strongly want at this point (not counting Waluigi since he's an Assist Trophy) is Geno. We got Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie this time around, so I think it's about time Geno showed up.

Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 am

Gerdzerl wrote:The only character left that I still very strongly want at this point (not counting Waluigi since he's an Assist Trophy) is Geno. We got Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie this time around, so I think it's about time Geno showed up.

What about Rick from Splatterhouse?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:33 am

Give me Venom as a Snake Echo you cowards. I want his forward-B to be his goddamn rocket punch.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:47 am

I don't get why everyone is flipping out over Sans. It's still just a Mii not actually him.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:57 am

tyrantgoji wrote:I don't get why everyone is flipping out over Sans. It's still just a Mii not actually him.

I've been trying to understand it, too. I think because the costume completely covers the Mii Gunner and the body proportions are just right, which makes it look like the real deal. Compare it to something like the Zero costume where not only are the body proportions a bit off, you can still see the Mii's face, completely breaking the illusion that it is Zero. The inclusion of "Megalovania" is also icing on the cake.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:56 pm

Poor Terry got overshadowed by some indie chucklefuck Mii costume.

Haha, what if they include his Pranked form as an alt costume? You know, as a funny reference to Tag Team Frenzy.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Outside of characters from B-tier fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Tekken, who are the most noteworthy characters missing at this point? Crash? It's pretty hard to think of anybody who would really blow minds if they were in Smash.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Give me Venom as a Snake Echo you cowards. I want his forward-B to be his goddamn rocket punch.

They're never gonna do it at this point but holy poop do I want this so bad.
Last edited by 2004Zilla on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:The only character left that I still very strongly want at this point (not counting Waluigi since he's an Assist Trophy) is Geno. We got Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie this time around, so I think it's about time Geno showed up.

What about Rick from Splatterhouse?

And Doom Guy.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Doom Eternal comes out in November. Terry's coming out at that time.

Doom Slayer is DLC fighter 5 perhaps?

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Outside of characters from B-tier fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Tekken, who are the most noteworthy characters missing at this point? Crash? It's pretty hard to think of anybody who would really blow minds if they were in Smash.

Only BIG ones I can think of are Spyro, Crash, Monster Hunter, and maybe Lara Croft? Unless they do something stupid and add a Blizzard IP character like that gorilla or some elf.

Bagan? He's eligible, oddly enough, lmao.

Return to “Video Game Hub”