Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:28 am

I was literally jumping for joy when K. Rool was revealed. My two most wanted characters are finally in Smash. Sure, I'd like to see an Arms character and someone new from Legend of Zelda (I'm guessing with the Moon being an Assist Trophy that means Skull Kid is probably out of the running now), but with Ridley and K. Rool finally on the roster, everyone else at this point is just icing on the cake.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:29 am

^ Agreed, the inclusion of Ridley, Dark Samus, and King K. Rool is more than I could've imagined. Still crossing fingers for Geno or Dixie Kong, but I'll be having a blast with this game regardless.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:42 am

I'm just now picturing Bowser, Ganondorf, King K. Rool and Ridley all celebrating together while Black Shadow is all alone sulking in the dark corner weeping or outside in the rain all sad wishing to join them. :P

Black Shadow all alone. The only Nintendo villain to not be included.

Someone make that into a picture ASAP! :lol:

Granted the game is nowhere close to being released yet and not everyone being revealed but I personally doubt he will make the cut since unlike Ridley and K. Rool. He wasn't heavily demanded by fans. It'd be nice though since one it'd be yet another villain included and another rep for F-Zero.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 am

I loved K. Rools reveal trailer! Absolutely excited to play as him.

Also Ditto is in the game! If I remember correctly, he was supposed to be in Melee but was scrapped. Being one of my favorite Pokemon, I hope I get him often! ;)

Heck the whole direct was (as Dunkey would say) a mastapiece!
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I was literally jumping for joy when K. Rool was revealed. My two most wanted characters are finally in Smash. Sure, I'd like to see an Arms character and someone new from Legend of Zelda (I'm guessing with the Moon being an Assist Trophy that means Skull Kid is probably out of the running now), but with Ridley and K. Rool finally on the roster, everyone else at this point is just icing on the cake.

Skull kid is rumored to be in.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:46 pm

And considering Ashley and Isaac not being revealed as Assist Trophies yet as well. They could possibility make the cut too. Shadow too since Knuckles is an Assist Trophy and the former hasn't been seen as one.

Poor Waluigi though...Still an Assist Trophy and better yet Daisy gets in over him.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:And considering Ashley and Isaac not being revealed as Assist Trophies yet as well. They could possibility make the cut too.

Ashley was, she was shown near the end of the assist trophy segment right after the Moon.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:51 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:Ashley was, she was shown near the end of the assist trophy segment right after the Moon.

Ah nevermind then. I haven't been really following up on this game until K. Rool's announcement. :lol:

Added in 2 days 2 hours 28 minutes 24 seconds:
You know being that most of the original 8 (Or original 12) each has a rival. It'd only be logical to throw in Black Shadow (Who'd likely be an Echo Fighter of Captain Falcon), Pokey Minch, Kamek and King Boo.

Mario - Bowser
Donkey Kong - King K. Rool
Link - Ganondorf
Samus Aran - Ridley
Yoshi - Kamek
Kirby - Meta Knight
Fox McCloud - Wolf O'Donnell
Pikachu - Mewtwo
Luigi - King Boo
Captain Falcon - Black Shadow
Ness - Pokey Minch
Jigglypuff - Lucario

In case those wonders. The last one makes sense because Fairy and Normal is weak to Steel and Fighting.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
In case those wonders. The last one makes sense because Fairy and Normal is weak to Steel and Fighting.

Jigglypuff isn't weak to Fighting. It's Fairy type negates the Fighting weakness.

Can't really say that King Boo or Kamek deserve a spot in these games. They're wholly uninteresting characters and the last thing we need is anymore Mario characters taking up the slots.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Jigglypuff isn't weak to Fighting. It's Fairy type negates the Fighting weakness.

Can't really say that King Boo or Kamek deserve a spot in these games. They're wholly uninteresting characters and the last thing we need is anymore Mario characters taking up the slots.

Ah alright thanks for correcting me.

And I suppose so. I just think it'd make sense for them to make the cut so that way all of the original 12 each has a rival.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:39 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Can't really say that King Boo or Kamek deserve a spot in these games. They're wholly uninteresting characters and the last thing we need is anymore Mario characters taking up the slots.

Kamek would be fun. But if you don't want more Mario, that's fine, they'll just add more Fire Emblem reps instead :P

/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Mario could have up to 12 reps and I wouldn't care but Kamek would be a Yoshi rep.

Captain Toad, King Boo and Kamek would all make fine additions as well as Paper Mario.

Shadow Area 1-0

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 pm

miguelnuva wrote:Kamek would be a Yoshi rep.

Since Yoshi is a Mario character that makes Kamek a Mario character too.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Try and remember these good points/ guidlines Delzethin brought up about how Sakurai might pick new fighters, for speculating newcomers.

1. Moveset Potential and uniqueness.
2. The timing, and relevancy.
3. Look at more than just the obvious.
4. Adapt when necessary!
5. Try not to get caught up on "reps".
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:51 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Kamek would be a Yoshi rep.

Since Yoshi is a Mario character that makes Kamek a Mario character too.

Yoshi is a yoshi rep in smash.

Shadow Area 1-0

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Kamek would make a really good assist trophy. Swapping around players percentages, or stocks, heck, maybe he can freeze all players then teleport them randomly into each other's spots!

I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Since this game is suppose to feature not as much newcomers as other installments. I'm predicting four more.

My predictions.

-Geno: He was the three most requested alongside Ridley and K. Rool. Pretty obvious shoe-in at this point and if the Mii Costumes shows us anything in the last game that also lead to K. Rool.
-Shadow the Hedgehog: He hasn't been seen as an Assist Trophy while Knuckles has. Likely an Echo Fighter of Sonic.
-Skull Kid: Same as Shadow. Not seen as Assist Trophy while the Moon was.
-Viridi: Considering Sakurai had made the modern Kid Icarus games and how he loves the series. Viridi seems like an obvious choice and most likely of any next Kid Icarus rep. She may had not been ever seen fighting but can't be too hard to make a moveset.

Could be wrong but again those are just my predictions.

Anyone else will likely be DLC like Banjo-Kazooie (Microsoft has given Nintendo permission to use them).
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 am

I would love to see Balrog (aka Mike Bison) from Street Fighter 2 but I doubt they would add another boxer to the roster. Here's hoping for Arthur from Ghost n' Goblins and Ms. Pac-Man.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm

The ones I see being most likely:

- Geno: With Ridley and K. Rool in, I can see Sakurai wanting to finish off the "big three" as far as fan requests go. Plus I've heard he really likes Geno personally and has tried to get him into Smash before.
- Spring Man: Along with Splatoon, Arms is one of the few notable original games Nintendo has come out with in recent memory. While Splatoon is clearly the more popular of the two, it'd almost feel weird to involve the Inklings and not Spring Man.
- Ribbon Girl: As either Spring Man's Echo Fighter or even just an alternate skin like Olimar and Alph.
- Dixie: Most likely as Diddy's Echo Fighter, though it'd be weird if she was in, since she wasn't involved in the K. Rool reveal.
- A new Pokémon: Not sure who. Probably from the current gen. I know Decidueye is a popular choice.
- Someone, anyone from Legend of Zelda: With other fan favorites getting in, I can see Sakurai finally adding someone to the Zelda roster. Skull Kid, maybe? I'd like Midna (with or without Wolf Link) but she's already been confirmed as an Assist Trophy.
- Shadow: I don't even want him in, I just know a lot of other people have requested him and he'd probably be pretty easy to make into an Echo Fighter.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Would Heihachi Mishima from Tekken be good choice?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Return to “Video Game Hub”