Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:38 pm

So, since obviously they're not gonna reveal all the new characters right off the bat, and the roster is already at 68, what do you think the final roster will be? Honestly, 75 isn't unreasonable to hope for at this point. That'd be every character from the previous games plus a nice ten newcomers.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Postby Ivo-goji » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:51 pm

I have a hard time believing they'll add anyone else. Ridley's reveal trailer seemed pretty 'final'.

There might be a couple more Echo Fighters introduced before the game is released.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Postby Kinggoji1962 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 am

Wouldn't mind at all if Ridley was the last new fighter

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:53 pm

I dunno, even if the final number isn't seventy five, I can't imagine them revealing all the new characters all in one go right from the start. Sure, Ridley's a big deal character, hype-wise, but Smash 4 debuted by revealing Mega Man, so that sort of move isn't unheard of. Besides, in the Direct, Sakurai said "Don't expect too many newcomers," not "I hope you like it because this is it." Even if it's only one more character later released as DLC, there's gotta be more, especially with the "Let's go crazy and make the fans happy!" attitude that seems to be fueling this game.

UltramanGoji
Justiriser

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Whoever it is, I hope it's not a third-party fighter. We already have way too many of those, especially a few that should honestly have been dropped after the last game.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:08 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Besides, in the Direct, Sakurai said "Don't expect too many newcomers," not "I hope you like it because this is it." Even if it's only one more character later released as DLC, there's gotta be more, especially with the "Let's go crazy and make the fans happy!" attitude that seems to be fueling this game.

Exactly how I'm seeing it. This looks to be Sakurai's swan song, and now that they know how DLC/contract shenanigans with 3rd parties work, they could go absolutely bonkers with anything and everything. Sincerely doubt characters introduced in the game already as stage elements or assist trophies would stop them, so long as they're profitable.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm

I hope Shadow is made playable this time around. I realize we have enough 3d party characters already, but I've wanted Shadow to be playable in smash for the longest time. I was extremely disappointed when I found out he was just an assist trophy in Brawl and again in smash 4. I didn't see him at all when they were showcasing the assist trophies during the presentation at E3, so that gives me hope, but just as I said with Dimentio above, I doubt it'll happen.
"Those of limited lifetimes often behave in strange ways."

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:13 pm

The third party number is fine and I actually see 4-5 that can reasonably still make it.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Postby Jatahaxe » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:33 pm

I would hope there be at least enough newcomers to fill out an 8-player Smash, DLC included.
Monsters are the real people.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Jatahaxe wrote:I would hope there be at least enough newcomers to fill out an 8-player Smash, DLC included.

Yeah, this'd be nice. There are still a few 'needed' newcomers that need to be added (K. Rool, someone - anyone - from Legend of Zelda, probably someone from Arms, etc).

Gerdzerl

Postby Gerdzerl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:08 am

I really, really hope King K. Rool makes it in this time. Having him and Ridley would complete this game for me.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 am

Gerdzerl wrote:I really, really hope King K. Rool makes it in this time. Having him and Ridley would complete this game for me.

I'd love to see him make the cut too. We NEED more villains!
"Those of limited lifetimes often behave in strange ways."

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Postby KManX89 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:23 am

I love that we're getting all of the legacy characters in this game, but I wish we'd get a few new characters as well. Whatever happened to Goku's rumored appearance in the game? The nostalgia with him and Ryu would be off-the-charts. :huge:

Though I guess it's still possible more will be added later via DLC.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Anyone care to discuss the purported leaked characters as predicted in this video?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Personally kinda "meh" about Dark Samus, Ninten, and Amaterasu (hopefully "Folklore" refers to someone from Legend of Zelda), but otherwise I'd be okay with that selection. Though I hope we'd get Spring Man and/or Ribbon Girl, too.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

LegendZilla wrote:[]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OacbmuaRcBE[/]

Anyone care to discuss the purported leaked characters as predicted in this video?

Well, this all hinges on whether or not there's a mini-direct this month. I thought this leak mentioned a very specific day though, like the 15th or something? A day which has already gone by, anyway. Don't really feel it's worth bothering checking up on leaks since they're a dime a dozen and overflowing with the obvious fan requests, just like how Ridley popped up all the time for Smash Wii U/3DS.

Added in 18 days 20 hours 22 minutes 34 seconds:
Smash Direct livestream happening on the 8th (Wednesday)! Pretty early in the morning too, if you live in the US anyway.

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1 ... 1884150784
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:41 am

After years of waiting. Sakurai has finally answered everyone's wish for one of the most requested characters fans had been demanding.

I'm not an Nintendo nerd but thought I'd post it since I figure it'll make everyone's day.

Also Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania has been confirmed as well.

My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

G-Matt
Futurian

Postby G-Matt » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 am

This game is looking better and better! Sakurai and his team are really going ALL-OUT on this thing! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Postby Shazam14 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am

They weren't kidding when they said this game was the Ultimate. I'm super hyped for this Smash. The last third parties I'd like to see are Heihachi (Tekken) and Geno (SMRPG) while for actual Nintendo characters, I'd like Isabelle, Springman and, honestly, whoever else they wanna put in. I have nothing to complain about now.

GIGAN05
Futurian

Postby GIGAN05 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 am

i mean, really.

Sakurai bringing the goods.

Return to “Video Game Hub”