Netherrealm Studios' POSSIBLE Horror Fighting Game

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
MM Raids Again
Futurian

Netherrealm Studios' POSSIBLE Horror Fighting Game

Postby MM Raids Again » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 am

It's been talked about but never confirmed. Ed Boon tweeted about it. Its hard to imagine what a story for this type of game would have, or how it'd even play compared to Injustice and Mortal Kombat, but I love the idea of it. Interested to see what people think of such a game, if it'd be made, and their own ideas.

1. Ash (Evil Dead Franchise)
2. Henrietta (Evil Dead 2)
3. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)
4. Michael Myers (Halloween)
5. Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street)
6. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
7. The Doctor (Hellraiser 2)
8. Sadako (The Grudge)
9. Dr. West (Re-Animator)
10. Leatherface
11. Carrie
12. Pennywise (It)
13. Chucky
14. Tiffany (Bride of Chucky)
15. Xenomorph (Aliens)
16. Engineer (Prometheus)
17. Ripley (Aliens)
18. Predator
19. Dutch (Predator)
20. T-800 (Terminator)
21. Sarah Connor (Terminator)
22. T-1000 (Terminator 2)
23. A Ghostbuster (Preferably Bill Murray)
24. American Werewolf (AW In London)
25. Pumpkinhead
26. Lephrechaun
27. Dracula
28. Frankenstein
29. Tarman (Return of the Living Dead)
30. Maniac Cop
31. Robocop
32. Candyman
33. Ghostface (Scream)
34. The Creeper (Jeepers Creepers)

DLC/Guest Characters
- Scorpion/Baraka/Reptile (Mortal Kombat)
- Manbat/Swamp Thing/Arcane (DC)
- Burt Gummer (Tremors)
- Wolf Cop
- C.H.U.D. – This would be a dream come true to play as one
Last edited by MM Raids Again on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Re: Netherrealm Studios' POSSIBLE Horror Fighting Game

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 am

I'm kind of skeptical tbh because lets be honest getting the rights to all these horror characters would be an absolute nightmare except for the classics like Frankenstein's Monster and Dracula whom are in the public domain but modern horror film characters on the other hand though...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:02 am

MM Raids Again wrote:[Sadako (the Grudge)

Sadako['s from the Ring, bro

OT: I agree with GodzillaFan, getting the rights to all these characters would be a daunting taks, but I'm all for this idea nonetheless.

Added in 7 minutes 31 seconds:
MM Raids Again wrote:[13. Chucky
26. Lephrechaun

There hit boxes would be so broken it's not even funny!
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:38 am

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:[Sadako (the Grudge)

Sadako['s from the Ring, bro

OT: I agree with GodzillaFan, getting the rights to all these characters would be a daunting taks, but I'm all for this idea nonetheless.

Added in 7 minutes 31 seconds:
MM Raids Again wrote:[13. Chucky
26. Lephrechaun

There hit boxes would be so broken it's not even funny!

Whoop. Meant to say Kayako, lol.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Now on the other hand I can see public domain monsters being used instead if Neatherrealm Studios can't get the rights to ones like Freddy Krueger, Xenomorph, Leatherface, Michael Myers, etc and even then I'd say that's a good enough roster.

-Bigfoot
-Chupacabra
-Count Dracula
-Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
-Dover Demon
-Frankenstein's monster
-Goatman
-Jersey Devil
-Krampus
-Montauk Monster
-Mothman
-Owlman
-Quasimodo
-Satan
-Wendigo
-Yeti

Just to list a few. ;)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:37 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Now on the other hand I can see public domain monsters being used instead if Neatherrealm Studios can't get the rights to ones like Freddy Krueger, Xenomorph, Leatherface, Michael Myers, etc and even then I'd say that's a good enough roster.

-Bigfoot
-Chupacabra
-Count Dracula
-Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
-Dover Demon
-Frankenstein's monster
-Goatman
-Jersey Devil
-Krampus
-Montauk Monster
-Mothman
-Owlman
-Quasimodo
-Satan
-Wendigo
-Yeti

Just to list a few. ;)

Or it could be a mix of both.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:39 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Or it could be a mix of both.

Whoever they can manage to get the rights to I'm up for that too but none the less still extending the roster if they can't get the rights to the rest.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:59 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Now on the other hand I can see public domain monsters being used instead if Neatherrealm Studios can't get the rights to ones like Freddy Krueger, Xenomorph, Leatherface, Michael Myers, etc and even then I'd say that's a good enough roster.

-Bigfoot
-Chupacabra
-Count Dracula
-Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
-Dover Demon
-Frankenstein's monster
-Goatman
-Jersey Devil
-Krampus
-Montauk Monster
-Mothman
-Owlman
-Quasimodo
-Satan
-Wendigo
-Yeti

Just to list a few. ;)

Kryptid Kombat?
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:05 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Kryptid Kombat?

Hey just trying to help in case Netherrealm Studios can't get all the rights to these modern horror film characters. X_X

Also I wouldn't even consider Count Dracula, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein's monster, Krampus, Quasimodo and Satan to be cryptids tbh, overall what I'd aim for assuming worst case scenario a mixture of public domain horror classic characters (Count Dracula, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein's monster, folkloric/biblic characters (Krampus, Satan) and cryptids (Bigfoot, Chupacabra, Jersey Devil, etc.) who exactly fits horror.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GodzillaBurgh
Interpol Agent

Postby GodzillaBurgh » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:05 pm

I demand our tentacled hentai senpai god, CTHULU!!!!
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:58 pm

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I demand our tentacled hentai senpai god, CTHULU!!!!

Maybe as a final boss?......I can dig it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Yeah besides Cthulhu is too big tbh. Agreed with GodzillaFreak. He'd be perfect as the final boss.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:33 am

If Krampus would be in, I'd imagine it'd be based on the one from the recent film. Something I wouldn't complain about at all and he'd make some pretty cool DLC around the Holidays. However, the idea of just filling the roster with a bunch of public domain characters not based on established versions just seems lame and cheap and not what Ed Boon has talked about.

They've already secured the rights for numerous characters in the last few years. Not every company is as big a pain in the ass to work with as Toho is when it comes to crossovers. The big issue would be getting actors to return to voice roles and give their likenesses. Robert Englund seems like a shoe-in since we've already had Freddy in MK9 and he voices Scarecrow in Injustice 2. However, would Bruce Campbell be willing to do Ash for the game? If they'd bring in Ripley, would Sigourney Weaver help? How about the big one - Arnold Schwarzenegger to lend his voice and likeness to a playable T-800? I imagine getting the likes of Jeffrey Combs back to voice Dr. West (Re-Animator) and Brad Dourif to return for Chucky wouldn't be too much of an issue. Don't think they're that busy nowadays.

It's definitely a dream game, but since there's a big name in gaming that wants it to happen, maybe it will.

Was thinking about it again last night and would love to see the likes of Rick Grimes and Negan of The Walking Dead pop in as DLC as well. Just imagining playing as Negan and crushing some slasher skulls with Lucille puts a smile on my face.
Last edited by MM Raids Again on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:53 am

MM Raids Again wrote:If Krampus would be in, I'd imagine it'd be based on the one from the recent film. Something I wouldn't complain about at all and he'd make some pretty cool DLC around the Holidays.

Hope you're right on that. I absolutely loved his design in Doughterty's film and take on the character. :D

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm

This game is something I've been wishing for for a long time. Here's what I'd love to see:

MAIN ROSTER:
1. Alien
2. Ash Williams
3. Brundlefly
4. Candyman
5. Chucky
6. The Creeper
7. Freddy Krueger
8. Ghostface
9. Henrietta
10. Herbert West
11. Jack Frost
12. Jason Voorhees
13. Kayako & Toshio
14. Krampus
15. Leatherface
16. Leprechaun
17. Michael Myers
18. Pennywise
19. Pinhead
20. Predator
21. Pumpkinhead
22. Sadako/Samara
23. Sam
24. Tarman
25. The Thing
26. Über-Jason

ARENAS:
1. Arctic Base (The Thing)
2. The Cabin (Evil Dead)
3. Camp Crystal Lake
4. Elm Street
5. Freddy's Boiler Room
6. Good Guy Factory
7. Graveyard (Return of the Living Dead)
8. Hunting Grounds (Jungle, Predator)
9. Lament Configuration (Room with chains, hooks, etc)
10. LV-426 (Alien, Aliens)
11. Sawyer Home
12. Sewers (It)
13. The Well (Ringu / The Ring)

UNIVERSAL CLASSIC DLC:
27. Bride of Frankenstein
28. Dracula
29. Frankenstein Monster
30. Gill-Man
30. The Mummy
32. Wolf Man

DLC ARENAS:
14. Black Lagoon
15. Dracula's Castle
16. Frankenstein's Laboratory
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 pm

TitanoGoji16 wrote:14. Krampus

You do realize Krampus is in the public domain right? He's actually not a made up movie monster, look it up if you don't believe me.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:28 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:14. Krampus

You do realize Krampus is in the public domain right? He's actually not a made up movie monster, look it up if you don't believe me.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? I didn't say anything about him being a movie monster or a public domain character or anything. What are you even "correcting" me on when all I said was his name?

And secondly, while I was clearly referring to the Michael Dougherty version of the character for my list, how condescending of you to assume I have never heard of the 'real' Krampus of ancient folklore.

...Man, I don't even know how to respond to this post because I don't even know what you were trying to get across with it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:19 am

TitanoGoji16 wrote:What the hell does this have to do with anything? I didn't say anything about him being a movie monster or a public domain character or anything. What are you even "correcting" me on when all I said was his name?

And secondly, while I was clearly referring to the Michael Dougherty version of the character for my list, how condescending of you to assume I have never heard of the 'real' Krampus of ancient folklore.

...Man, I don't even know how to respond to this post because I don't even know what you were trying to get across with it.

Sorry man...I didn't mean to come off that way... :oops:

Based off your list being of movie monsters that's what I thought when I read your post so was just correcting you just in case. That and I thought maybe not many people would've known Krampus prior to that American Dad episode and the movie which increased his popularity.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:57 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Based off your list being of movie monsters that's what I thought when I read your post so was just correcting you just in case.

But why? We're talking about what movie monsters we'd like to see in a Neatherrealm horror fighting game. Who cares what I know or don't know Krampus from?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 am

TitanoGoji16 wrote:But why? We're talking about what movie monsters we'd like to see in a Neatherrealm horror fighting game. Who cares what I know or don't know Krampus from?

Again my apologies, it was an mistake I made on my part, one I'll make sure I won't do again.

Return to “Video Game Hub”