Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by RamshackleRanger »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I wonder how the hybridization will work. Does the game generate appearance based on DNA combinations, or do you get direct control over how the dinosaur will look?
I don't think there is that kind of hybridization. I'm 90% certain that it's just a bunch of preset hybrids, like indominus rex and stegoceratops.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:I wonder how the hybridization will work. Does the game generate appearance based on DNA combinations, or do you get direct control over how the dinosaur will look?
I don't think there is that kind of hybridization. I'm 90% certain that it's just a bunch of preset hybrids, like indominus rex and stegoceratops.
Ahhhh okay. That’s a little disappointing, but whatever. It was never what I was most excited about anyway.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

This game is looking very good! And since Spinosaurus has been confirmed to be in the roster, i hope it has the same roar it had in JP3. Yes, that's very nitpicky, but still, given the Spinos seen in the two Ludia games have completely different noises.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Dino-Mario wrote:This game is looking very good! And since Spinosaurus has been confirmed to be in the roster, i hope it has the same roar it had in JP3. Yes, that's very nitpicky, but still, given the Spinos seen in the two Ludia games have completely different noises.
They've been pretty faithful to the Dilo, Rex, and Raptors, So I think theres a good chance it'll have the roar.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/05/07/t ... -ign-first
New development kit footage. Alot of Dino's revealed.

Get a better grip on the music to, which sounds wonderful.
Last edited by SUPERTOHOREMIX on Tue May 08, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Two reveals in one video.

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

They know, they know we are eager as tomorrow marks 1 month from release.

So we are going to start seeing the big guns.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Dracorex confirmed via developer diary.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

I wonder why they switched up the spinosaurus roar. It's such an iconic sound you'd think they'd keep it front and center.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I wonder why they switched up the spinosaurus roar. It's such an iconic sound you'd think they'd keep it front and center.
Is it though? I saw JP3 relatively recently and I can’t for the life of me remember the Spino roar, whereas I can very clearly remember the T-Rex roar as if I first heard it yesterday. If I hadn’t read this pos it would have just assumed the one in the video was the same as in JP3. I’m not sure it really has anything close to the cultural place that the T-Rex roar has.

Although, I agree it’s stylistically weird they would change that and keep other things from the films the same. You’d think it would be simpler to just re-use everything.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

KaijuCanuck wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I wonder why they switched up the spinosaurus roar. It's such an iconic sound you'd think they'd keep it front and center.
Is it though? I saw JP3 relatively recently and I can’t for the life of me remember the Spino roar, whereas I can very clearly remember the T-Rex roar as if I first heard it yesterday. If I hadn’t read this pos it would have just assumed the one in the video was the same as in JP3. I’m not sure it really has anything close to the cultural place that the T-Rex roar has.

Although, I agree it’s stylistically weird they would change that and keep other things from the films the same. You’d think it would be simpler to just re-use everything.
I guess Iconic was a slight hyperbole; but among people who have a rather unhealthy obsession with the franchise, like me (and i'm sure many others who follow this game), it's definitely a very recognizable and nostalgic roar, and one that has very few problems with it.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

We have a T-rex...

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Hell yeah!

Definitely cool to see her take down a spino, but I hope spinos can hold their own in a fight. They seem smaller here for some reason.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

No way there's a T-Rex in this game? I wonder if they're going to go for the home run and add the Compsognathus and/or the Micropachycephalosaurus.
Spoiler:
:lol:

Anyway, is anyone else going to spawn a bunch of T-Rexs and Spinos and have them fight/ destroy the park?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:No way there's a T-Rex in this game? I wonder if they're going to go for the home run and add the Compsognathus and/or the Micropachycephalosaurus.
Spoiler:
:lol:

Anyway, is anyone else going to spawn a bunch of T-Rexs and Spinos and have them fight/ destroy the park?
I mean, last i heard apexes cost about $3,000,000 a pop. You may want to go cost efficient and utilize ceratosaurus's. :P

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

One thing I'm excited about bringing back from my Operation Genesis days is making a battle stadium. I made a long cage with a hatchery on each end. And surrounded the whole thing with viewing stations.

I would spawn a T Rex in one hatchery, and a Spino, or a trike in the other and let them go at it.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Monster.

I'm glad they finally confirmed the Spino. I was starting to worry that they'd go absurdly overboard with the DLC, holding a bunch of major, iconic dinosaurs hostage rather than doing the logical thing and including them in the base game.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zilla103192 wrote:One thing I'm excited about bringing back from my Operation Genesis days is making a battle stadium. I made a long cage with a hatchery on each end. And surrounded the whole thing with viewing stations.

I would spawn a T Rex in one hatchery, and a Spino, or a trike in the other and let them go at it.
Amazing. Can’t belive I never thought of this.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

It really brought in the thrill seekers lol. I always add it to my parks when I play OG. I did it in Zoo Tycoon Dinosaur Digs also. But that's not as exciting.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Fallen kingdom free dlc confirmed! Carnotaurus looks absolutely beautiful!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/18/ ... 570c000d0e

Have to admit, was definitely expecting sorna to sandbox, not nublar. But its a welcome change.