Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Birdman wrote:For some reason, Spino and Giga are smaller than T-Rex.
It's for animation reasons. They all work from the same animation pool, so their proportions need to be similar.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
It's for animation reasons. They all work from the same animation pool, so their proportions need to be similar.
They didn't have that problem in JPOG though. And aren't the other therapods, like Ceratosaurus and such, still a lot smaller?

It's a little surprising. I know JW plays it a little fast and loose with the scientific accuracy, but this contravenes their own canon as well.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm getting the general impression that this game was slapped together pretty quickly to coincide with FK's release. It's fun, and has its impressive points, but feels cheap and underdeveloped in a lot of ways, even falling behind OG's standard in several areas. With any luck, we'll be getting a lot of patches and DLC to bring it up to its potential.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
They didn't have that problem in JPOG though. And aren't the other therapods, like Ceratosaurus and such, still a lot smaller?

It's a little surprising. I know JW plays it a little fast and loose with the scientific accuracy, but this contravenes their own canon as well.
In jpog their weren't so many scripted interactions, such as the wwe hadrosaur superslam. for the most part it was hitbox attacks. what few scripted things they did have were individual.

I'm not sure about the smaller theropods, though.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm probably going to wait for the physical release; hopefully by then some updates would of been released. ( Probably since by then FK will have been out for a while). From what I've seen and heard the game doesn't feel complete and is missing some features such as changing the landscape. I do like how the Dinos have customization - yet I heard they mostly have the same fighting animations.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The landscape can be edited, though only in a limited 'building area' on the islands I've played so far. That feature sucks, as it severely restricts the size and shape of your paddocks and makes it all the more annoying that so much space needs to be devoted to your power grid. As of now, for instance, my park rangers need to drive a very long distance to reach some paddocks or buildings, to the extent that it confuses the AI and they 'can't find a route', and I have literally no space for a closer Ranger Station without some significant rearrangement.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I'm probably going to wait for the physical release; hopefully by then some updates would of been released. ( Probably since by then FK will have been out for a while). From what I've seen and heard the game doesn't feel complete and is missing some features such as changing the landscape. I do like how the Dinos have customization - yet I heard they mostly have the same fighting animations.
Yeah, haven’t played the game yet but I’ve watched a ton of therapod fight videos. They’re all exactly the same fight.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

The good thing about Frontier is their track record for updates and post game content is pretty good. So there's a good bet SOME of the issues will get fixed.
I highly hope the implementation of Sleep is among them.

Here's part 2 of my playthrough if anyone is interested:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^Enjoying your playthrough dude! It’s really helpful to see so much about how the game works before I pick it up.

How much John Williams music would you guys say is in the game?

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

KaijuCanuck wrote:^Enjoying your playthrough dude! It’s really helpful to see so much about how the game works before I pick it up.

Appreciated!

So far have counted 2 pieces - which really are variants of the main theme to be honest.

Soo happy Frontier gave the option to turn off the licensed music to prevent copyright strikes on video clips. More developers should do that with games like this.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

GIGAN05 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:^Enjoying your playthrough dude! It’s really helpful to see so much about how the game works before I pick it up.

Appreciated!

So far have counted 2 pieces - which really are variants of the main theme to be honest.

Soo happy Frontier gave the option to turn off the licensed music to prevent copyright strikes on video clips. More developers should do that with games like this.
Now when you say two pieces... do you mean the main two? Because let’s be honest, those are the two that matter. :lol:

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

A weird little part of me wished they included the Compy's and a game mechanic for the original reason Ingen created them. :lol:
Last edited by GreenScar on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I'm probably going to wait for the physical release; hopefully by then some updates would of been released. ( Probably since by then FK will have been out for a while). From what I've seen and heard the game doesn't feel complete and is missing some features such as changing the landscape. I do like how the Dinos have customization - yet I heard they mostly have the same fighting animations.
Yeah, haven’t played the game yet but I’ve watched a ton of therapod fight videos. They’re all exactly the same fight.
Hopefully that's a key thing they update. It'll awesome if they could show them grappling with each other and throwing each other around via biting.

You know what would be cool? If they added a mode where you can create an island like in Operation Genesis.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

All 6 new dinosaurs from Fallen Kingdom, including Indoraptor which will have unique animations, are confirmed to be in the free DLC released on Friday.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

If the 5 deluxe edition Dinosaurs are anything to go by, good chance you have to dig them up.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

DLC Notes as well as dome fixes confirmed:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... te-OUT-NOW

Its a start.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not sure I wanna pick this up. I loved Operation Genesis for its simplicity but this one sounds a little too intricate for my taste.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^i bought it a week ago but have had no time to play it yet. :/

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Not sure I wanna pick this up. I loved Operation Genesis for its simplicity but this one sounds a little too intricate for my taste.
I can understand entirely. There's a lot more to keep track of compared to JPOG as well as making tougher decisions. There's a real Risk/Reward factor in play from what I have found.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

KaijuCanuck wrote:^i bought it a week ago but have had no time to play it yet. :/
This is one of those games that's best played for a few hours at a time, I'm finding. Once a park gets going, you'll be kept so busy with constant upkeep and assorted tasks that actually making progress requires a good bit of time. It's also very much one of those "five more minutes" games. "Okay, I'll turn it off after I release this dinosaur. *releases dinosaur* Well... my new fossil shipment is in, so I should see what's in it... and then reassign my dig team... Crap, the Ankylosaurus broke out again, now I have to get that stupid thing rounded up-" TROPICAL STORM WARNING! FIVE BUILDINGS ARE DAMAGED AND YOUR WHOLE POWER GRID IS DOWN!

And then suddenly it's been two hours longer than it was supposed to be. I freaking played for about five hours straight yesterday. :lol: