Overwatch

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Re: Overwatch

Postby JAGzilla » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Finally got the game today, and have played it for around an hour so far. It'll definitely take some figuring out, like anything else; I'm only having any luck as Offense characters, and they aren't the ones I was most interested in playing as. :lol: I'll just have to keep using the other classes until I get the hang of 'em, I guess.

Update: I tried playing as Lucio in a few fights, and he's working out well for me. His mobility is useful, and his healing song is a literal lifesaver. His gun gets poop accomplished, too; I got fifteen eliminations in one of the games I played as him. He'll probably end up being one of my most-used characters, I think.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Lucio is one of the easiest characters to play as his passive heal/speed don't actually require you to do anything other than stand by your teammates and occasionally swap or heal/speed boost.

Fermix
G-Grasper

Postby Fermix » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:08 am

UltramanGoji wrote:Lucio is one of the easiest characters to play as his passive heal/speed don't actually require you to do anything other than stand by your teammates and occasionally swap or heal/speed boost.

^This. Lucio is my most played character even though I have not touched him in over a month. He's a great start for beginner's.

One strategy you may want to consider as Lucio, especially in Control Point maps and when you have a second healer, is to only swap to healing when you use your Sound Boost. The added mobility from your speed song can really change the dynamic of team fights. I used to think that speed was only useful for returning to the fight or running from a DVa ult but it's great for holding points.
Check out my YouTube channel Fermix Gaming for Overwatch gameplay and commentary!

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:58 pm

^ I'll have to try that. Thanks.

I've been using Zarya a lot, too. She's good for mowing down lightly-armored characters at close range. And Bastion in turret mode is a monster if correctly positioned.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:22 am

Assuming you don't already know this, Tracer is confirmed to canonically be a lesbian.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:37 am

I don't get why thats such a big deal to everyone now. She's lesbian. Neato.

gzillafan17
Interpol Agent

Postby gzillafan17 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Got this game after the free weekend, and it is actually really really fun. My favorite heroes are Reinhardt,Lucio,Junkrat, and McCree. Lucio is the only support hero I actually enjoy playing. And he is great for holding a point all by yourself, managed the hold a point by myself while my whole team was dead. Reinhardt is great when he his team is actually supporting him as his hammer and ult can clear a room. Junkrat is deadly in basically all circumstances and I get POTG with him more than any other character. And McCree can be fun to play but he is also very vulnerable against certain heroes. Definitely worth the money for this game.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:15 am

Ana is another very useful support hero. Tried her out last night, and I love her dual-purpose gun and grenade. That's a really cool idea.

Godzilla 2000
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:42 pm

I've been seriously considering getting into overwatch lately. You see, I've long since fallen out of FPS games (at least as far as the online pvp is concerned). The last time I played a shooter's multiplayer was in the middle of halo 4's lifecycle.

It looks interesting and different enough to hold my attention, but it also seems a bit chaotic, and it appears that learning multiple characters is something or a requirement, as opposed to sticking with 1 main.

Do you guys this overwatch would be the game to draw in someone who's kind of become lukewarm on FPS games?

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:40 pm

It's pretty much geared towards anyone with at least a moderate amount of interest in FPS games.

Each character has a pretty low skill ceiling, all the abilities just require specific timing and cooperation more than aim or skill. Since they each have only three abilities, it's pretty easy to learn a character (there are a few confusing ones, however).

Also very glad you've recognized that nobody should be "maining" anyone in this game as every character has a counter. Everyone should be swapping heroes as soon as a strategy stops working.

Overall, yeah I'd say you're okay to play this game. I can't tell you how you'll enjoy it, but it's definitely one of the better FPS games to come out in recent years.

gzillafan17
Interpol Agent

Postby gzillafan17 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Godzilla 2000 wrote:I've been seriously considering getting into overwatch lately. You see, I've long since fallen out of FPS games (at least as far as the online pvp is concerned). The last time I played a shooter's multiplayer was in the middle of halo 4's lifecycle.

It looks interesting and different enough to hold my attention, but it also seems a bit chaotic, and it appears that learning multiple characters is something or a requirement, as opposed to sticking with 1 main.

Do you guys this overwatch would be the game to draw in someone who's kind of become lukewarm on FPS games?

Overall I would recommend the game. Some of the heroes are harder to learn than others and is usually pretty fast paced. I don't play many FPS games and I usually don't stick to the ones I do play like Star Wars Battlefront. Some characters like Reinhard don't even have a gun and rely on melee to fight.

Only have 2 problems with the game, sometimes the hitboxes can be wonky and players won't get on the payload/checkpoint.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:45 pm

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Ps4 player here. Add me and let's earn some loot boxes!

My username is Zilla103192 like everywhere. I'm on about every other night.

Mains are Soldier 76, D.Va, and Lucio.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dillyziller » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Zilla103192 wrote:Ps4 player here. Add me and let's earn some loot boxes!

Sure thing. I'm Dyjash.
^This post in sexually offensive.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Zilla103192 wrote:Ps4 player here. Add me and let's earn some loot boxes!

Reaper "main" here. Username is phxsuns15. PM if you add me.

Added in 13 hours 20 minutes 19 seconds:
Quck Play is a skreeonking joke, lol.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:42 pm

The 'Year of the Rooster' update just came out. It has a lot of Chinese-themed skins, victory poses, and such, some of which are pretty cool. My brother pretty much mains Roadhog, so we already bought his new victory pose. Hopefully we'll be able to unlock at least the majority of the new stuff while the Lunar Loot Boxes are available.

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm gonna be getting a ps4 soon so I was wondering: would it be worth it to get this game?
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Dawsbfiremind wrote:I'm gonna be getting a ps4 soon so I was wondering: would it be worth it to get this game?

Hell yeah! theres fresh content and events constanly being added and the gameplay itsef is very nice, so I would defs reccomend.

gzillafan17
Interpol Agent

Postby gzillafan17 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Dawsbfiremind wrote:I'm gonna be getting a ps4 soon so I was wondering: would it be worth it to get this game?

I only have the PC version, but I also own a PS4, but after having so much fun with the game, I will probably be buying the PS4 version as well. So yes I would recommend it.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:02 pm

GOT THE LUNA MEI SKIN! YUSSSSSSSS

Also, hands down, Overwatch is in my top 5... no no. Top 3 favorite video games of all time.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Return to “Video Game Hub”