The Sonic The Hedgehog thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Sonic The Hedgehog thread

Postby Godzilla165 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:26 am

I love 06 for one thing: the fact that you can break the damn game. I have so much fun just skreeonking around in 06 because, hey, the game isn't going to stop you. It's barely trying to stay together as is. skreeonk the Mach speed sections though, aside from Kingdom Valley's.

#BotM

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Postby SomeknowmeasXeno » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:38 am

Oh I definitely agree Ivo, I'll defend/vouch for Shadow, Rouge and Omega in particular when 06's characters are brought into question.

Added in 4 minutes 39 seconds:
Godzilla165 wrote:I love 06 for one thing: the fact that you can break the damn game. I have so much fun just skreeonking around in 06 because, hey, the game isn't going to stop you. It's barely trying to stay together as is. skreeonk the Mach speed sections though, aside from Kingdom Valley's.

Besides the Adventure games and Sonic CD and 3&K, 06 is the one I go back to the most. I'm not afraid to admit I like playing Sonic and Shadow, the glitches are a bonus. I'd go back to ShTH more, I actually genuinely love that game despite its flaws, but it hasn't been re-released on PSN like Heroes has: meaning I have to dig out my PS2 when I want to play it.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:22 pm

So I just downloaded this new fan game called: Sonic Utopia, to play alongside Green Hill Paradise Act 2, and the Unleashed Project. I've got to say, these game developers are bloody KILLING it with these Sonic fan games, mates. Like, I'm hoping and praying that Project Sonic will be utterly amazing (Mania is a given success), but my goodness. It baffles my mind why Sega hasn't made a game like GHP Act 2, or Utopia. Whether you prefer open world Sonic or not, these two games are incredible, extremely fun, and addicting as hell.

I've personally always wanted a true, open world Sonic game ever since I was a kid, and I finally feel like I've gotten really close to that dream. Now, if only Sega could make a full, triple A Sonic game like either of the two above, and they'd have my money. It wouldn't even have to be a main stage or anything, but just give us a mode where we can choose from different, and huge stages to run around and just have fun/relax in.

Sonic definitely deserves his own playgrounds to mess around in.

#BotM

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 pm

The Sonic fandom creates some straight up amazing fan games, no question. I just wish my laptop could handle games better. 2D ROM hacks and stuff are fine, but I have trouble playing games like Sonic World for very long.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Postby SomeknowmeasXeno » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:56 am

Makes you wonder why they don't hire more fans that make that sort of stuff more often, I mean look at Christian Whitehead: he's living every fan's dream right now.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:19 am

Been playing S3&K a lot, so I decided to carve this pumpkin into the Sonic & Knuckles logo. Looks decent. Had Hunnid-P on loop the entire time of course.

I also did an Eggman logo jack o'lantern for a previous Halloween.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:31 am

^Wow mate. Awesome job!

#BotM

soulgodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby soulgodzilla » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Ivo-goji wrote:Been playing S3&K a lot, so I decided to carve this pumpkin into the Sonic & Knuckles logo. Looks decent. Had Hunnid-P on loop the entire time of course.

I also did an Eggman logo jack o'lantern for a previous Halloween.

Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Postby F4ZaTE_X » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:39 am

soulgodzilla wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUqUVrXclE

Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

soulgodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby soulgodzilla » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 pm

Ya know what this world needs? A Sonic Boom version of Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Postby SomeknowmeasXeno » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Wouldn't offend me.

soulgodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby soulgodzilla » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:01 pm

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:Wouldn't offend me.

To be fair, I kinda enjoy Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine since its kinda like tetris. Is it the best Sonic game? Definitely not since the game has some of the most dickish NPCs in any puzzle games i've ever played. But compare this to Sonic Boom: Rise Of Lyric which has some of the most easiest puzzle sections I've ever seen in any video game history, yeah. I'd rather have puzzles that put me to the test rather then the ones that treat me like I'm some kind of monkey in a lab where its being tested.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Postby SomeknowmeasXeno » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:22 pm

soulgodzilla wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:Wouldn't offend me.

To be fair, I kinda enjoy Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine since its kinda like tetris. Is it the best Sonic game? Definitely not since the game has some of the most dickish NPCs in any puzzle games i've ever played. But compare this to Sonic Boom: Rise Of Lyric which has some of the most easiest puzzle sections I've ever seen in any video game history, yeah. I'd rather have puzzles that put me to the test rather then the ones that treat me like I'm some kind of monkey in a lab where its being tested.

It's not my kind of game and I'd never play it but both MBM and the idea of a Boom variant doesn't offend me. It's a perfectly solid gameplay style, though something that should only ever be a spin-off thing.

soulgodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby soulgodzilla » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:32 am

But what offends me is those light panels in Rise Of Lyric, all you do is touch the light panel, follow it, and do this all over again while enemies keep attacking you. I don't know whats worse. The puzzles? The combat? Or the characters who won't shut up about beating up enemies, rings and bounce pads?

Added in 18 hours 53 minutes 43 seconds:
Can someone please tell me what Crow and Tomservo are doing in a Sonic comic? Anyone? SOMEBODY?! :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Postby F4ZaTE_X » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:12 am

Weeeeeeeelllllllllllll this thread has kinda died.

Where do you guys think Sonic Mania will sit in the timeline?

Since Sega has said the (current) timeline is
Sonic the Hedgehog > Sonic 2 > Sonic 3 & Knuckles > Sonic CD > Sonic 4

I'm thinking Sonic Mania will be between S3&K and CD, as Knuckles will be playable, although it could take place between CD and 4

Edit: This post was originally posted in December 2016. For some reason, despite checking the 'do not merge with previous post' box, it merged anyway.
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Postby F4ZaTE_X » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:17 am

I tried this out, it looks great

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 am

Sonic Forces gameplay: https://youtu.be/0w7PQ_63wf8

Generations to me had the best gameplay in a 3D Sonic game. Really excited that it's coming back.

#BotM

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Godzilla165 wrote:Sonic Forces gameplay: https://youtu.be/0w7PQ_63wf8

Generations to me had the best gameplay in a 3D Sonic game. Really excited that it's coming back.

Wow, say what you will about modern Sonic games, but this one actually looks pretty good, it looks very reminiscent of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Generations. It also gives me one more reason to buy a Switch even though I could easily get it on my PS4 if need be.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Postby F4ZaTE_X » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:13 pm

KManX89 wrote:reason to buy a Switch

Join us, brother

Variola
G-Grasper

Postby Variola » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Forces look a lot like Colours on the Wii, which I enjoyed. Might buy it when I get a Switch.

Return to “Video Game Hub”