DARK SOULS/BLOODBORNE

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Re: DARK SOULS/BLOODBORNE

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:20 am

20th Century Boy wrote:Rumor has it that Miyazaki might be involved in this one again. What do you guys think about that? I haven't played DS2, so I'm not sure how much of its problems were due to his lack of involvement.

I like all the games in the series but DS2 definitely felt a lot more rushed. A lot of the enemies were fine but they had really bad placement. The areas were fine as well but the bonfires were spammed, just like the enemies. On top of that too many of the bosses were just big guys with big swords. I prefer DS1 over DS2 so I'm happy to see him back.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

OWNi
Yojimbo

Postby OWNi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Smuggers wrote:Dark Souls 3.

TenhoursofMBison.mp4

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:19 pm

There's way more information regarding dark souls 3, like screenshots of bosses, but I'm ignoring it because I don't want everything spoiled, especially before it's even been officially announced.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:03 am

I know everyone here is caught up in the Dark Souls 3 hype but one question: Is there ANY way to cheese the Defiled Watchdog? I hate cheesing bosses but this boss is a pain in my ass. I can't beat it.

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Young Guy wrote:I know everyone here is caught up in the Dark Souls 3 hype but one question: Is there ANY way to cheese the Defiled Watchdog? I hate cheesing bosses but this boss is a pain in my ass. I can't beat it.

Nope, defiled watchdog was one f the most difficult bosses for me. The main way to beat it is to dodge in the direction of where he's attacking and tears his head.

20th Century Boy
EDF Soldier

Postby 20th Century Boy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm currently playing Dark Souls 2 for the first time. Scholar of the First Sin, not the original. It's a lot of fun, but one thing I'm noticing is that the game likes to throw 3-5 enemies at the same time, making the difficulty cheaper than in previous games. I'm not sure I like the health system either. Life gems are hard to come by (and not reprehensible) and estus flasks are way more limited than before. What gives?

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:26 am

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:37 am

I pissed the trailer doesn't have any gameplay despite the game clearly being functional at this time. From the leaked screenshots in glad the game looks just as beautiful as Bloodborne.

Also I heard Dark souls 3 would be the last Datk Souls game. Maybe after this they'll just make bloodborne sequels.

20th Century Boy
EDF Soldier

Postby 20th Century Boy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:09 pm

This is good news. I'd rather have the Souls series end honorably than have it become the new Assassin's Creed, where every yearly installment renders everyone immune to excitement.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:21 am

There's an upcoming mod for Dark Souls which allows you to play as bosses!

On a less important note, I've FINALLY defeated Queen Yharnam. Is it ok to begin NG+ at level 186?

NSZ
E.S.P.Spy

Postby NSZ » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 am

Create your own bonfires confirmed?

Spoiler:
The Lords are the worst dragonslayers ever.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:30 am

Wow, that was an amazing trailer. A few things:
1.I really like that giant skull thing and it looks like they have some cool bosses.
2. Return of Balder Knights?
3. I like the enemy with the firebrand weapon.
4. Seems like the gameplay is faster paced. I don't mind that, just looks like it's definitely taking some hints from the success of Bloodborne.

NSZ
E.S.P.Spy

Postby NSZ » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 am

I really like that giant lanky one.

Kinda reminds me of DkS2's Ruin Sentinels, only, y'know, better realized.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

GIGAN05
EDF Soldier

Postby GIGAN05 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:33 am

Wooooooooah. incredible music :cry:.
TK's Jojo. It's MUDA.

20th Century Boy
EDF Soldier

Postby 20th Century Boy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Almost finished with Bloodborne. It's a great game, but a little tedious compared to the other Souls games because there isn't as much variety, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. Still the best PS4 game, though.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:47 am

20th Century Boy wrote:Almost finished with Bloodborne. It's a great game, but a little tedious compared to the other Souls games because there isn't as much variety, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. Still the best PS4 game, though.

By "visuals" do you mean area designs? I actually prefer the setting of BB over DS. I feels unique and more atmospheric.

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:33 pm

There's a surprising amount of differences in the enemy designs from the early game villagers to the late game Eldritch abominations.

While it isn't "here's a forced volcano area!" the game does have a lot of variety, just more subtle. It's just better thematically connected

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:26 am

^ When it comes to enemy/boss design both BB and DS have their flaws and pros. DS has some original enemies and bosses like the demons and the Moonlight Butterfly, but there's also some generic dragons and knights. BB also has some original enemies and bosses but has generic werewolves (certain beast types are well designed but some are just cookie-cutter werewolves) and the celestial mobs which are just...aliens. Not Lovecraftian eldritch aliens, just run-of-the-mill aliens.

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:34 am

Young Guy wrote:^ When it comes to enemy/boss design both BB and DS have their flaws and pros. DS has some original enemies and bosses like the demons and the Moonlight Butterfly, but there's also some generic dragons and knights. BB also has some original enemies and bosses but has generic werewolves (certain beast types are well designed but some are just cookie-cutter werewolves) and the celestial mobs which are just...aliens. Not Lovecraftian eldritch aliens, just run-of-the-mill aliens.

Most of the "cookie cutter" bosses are actually in the chalice dungeons. The celestial emissary is recycled sure, but right after him is the daughter of the cosmos whose completely original and way more difficult making the former more like a warmup boss.

I feel like bloodborne takes a lot of dark souls type bosses and improves them greatly. Like for instance the shadow of yahram boss is essentially a vastly better version of the skeleton lords from Dark Souls 2.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Captain Aktion » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:22 am

Huge fan of the series and just recently got a PS4 and Bloodborne, so for lack of anything better to do with it, here's a video of me taking on the Cleric Beast since I've been playing with the capture functions. Enjoy!

https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtp1/v/t43.1792-2/11802926_974577625933439_1555738900_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjM2MzAsInJsYSI6NDA5Nn0%3D&rl=3630&vabr=2420&oh=68e56f5c3b22ac5db6aa213ea528b65c&oe=55D31931
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Return to “Video Game Hub”