Evolve

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Dramorg
Samurai

Re: Evolve

Postby Dramorg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 pm

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
Dramorg wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:...

I'm going to break you... like a kit-kat bar.

Breaking ... a kit-kat bar? YOU MONSTER!

Resized Image

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! YOU DON'T BREAK THEM?! THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

No! Nononononononono, don't change the topic now, YOU must be joking that you break them into tiny little pieces! I'd rather eat nothing than a small stick of nothing.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Postby SomeknowmeasXeno » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Dramorg wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
Dramorg wrote:
Breaking ... a kit-kat bar? YOU MONSTER!

Resized Image

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! YOU DON'T BREAK THEM?! THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

No! Nononononononono, don't change the topic now, YOU must be joking that you break them into tiny little pieces! I'd rather eat nothing than a small stick of nothing.

The slogan is have a break, have a kit-kat! You're supposed to break them! They're designed to be snapped apart!
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Dramorg
Samurai

Postby Dramorg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
Dramorg wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:ARE YOU SERIOUS?! YOU DON'T BREAK THEM?! THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

The slogan is have a break, have a kit-kat! You're supposed to break them! They're designed to be snapped apart!

I don't think so. It's meant like u no working anymore.
What's next? You tell me that a GangBang is actually a group of people having sex with each other and not multiple fireworks exploding in a reeeeeeaaaaallllly short time?

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:52 pm

That sucks. I know 2K called the game a "key franchise" and poop, and I was really hoping to see more stuff from this game, especially a sequel. The design work and world here are so skreeonking cool, a sequel is practically needed to flesh all these creative characters out. I've never had trouble finding people to play with on PS4, so the game was never dead for me like it was for lots of Xbone players.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Dramorg
Samurai

Postby Dramorg » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:39 am

^ I can feel your rage, man.

I never had the problem too. Don't even imagine all the monsters, hunters and maps that could have been ...

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

I love this game. It was the first game I played on my PS4. I am on the TRS Forums and was very sad to hear about 2K stopping development.

A mod on the TRS forums created a petition to try to get 2K to let TRS continue development. There was so much planned. IIRC, a sequel and a campaign were planned.

Link to petition: https://www.change.org/p/2k-renew-the-c ... u/18298115
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Kaijunator wrote:I love this game. It was the first game I played on my PS4. I am on the TRS Forums and was very sad to hear about 2K stopping development.

A mod on the TRS forums created a petition to try to get 2K to let TRS continue development. There was so much planned. IIRC, a sequel and a campaign were planned.

Link to petition: https://www.change.org/p/2k-renew-the-c ... u/18298115

All that sounds absolutely awesome and I've only played Legacy since I got Evolve and I would totally switch from it to play that.

Why 2K W H Y ? !

That's really quite a shame it really is.

Sad.
Godzilla

GodzillaXGomoraFight
G-Grasper

Postby GodzillaXGomoraFight » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 am

Not sure if all of you have heard, but Evolve Ultimate Edition was just offered as a Game with Gold for Xbox Live subscribers. The online servers are back up and running on Xbox at least. I played a couple rounds of Hunt the last two days and it seems that people are playing the game again. We are going to have to see whether or not this renewed interest in the game will stick.

Some comments on DLC hunters and monsters I have finally got the chance to use:

Gorgon: Played two hunts with her and I won in both. Her web swing is a fantastic way of getting around the map and making a quick escape from hunters. Her abilities are largely for mid-to-long range combat, which I like as it fits with the playing style I have gained over time with the Kraken and Behemoth. The acid spit and spider traps are probably my favorite abilities to use against hunters. I am trying to figure out how to use her wall-hanging ability, as I would love to ambush hunters from up high where they cannot easily hit me.

Sunny: Sunny is just okay. I like her shield drones but that is about it. I do not see the jetpack booster as being a game changer and I do not care for her grenade launcher. I feel that other support characters play a much bigger role on teams than her.

Crow: Crow might become one of my favorite trappers. Everything Crow has is effective in some way whether it is tracking monsters with, inflicting armor-piercing damage with your sniper, or slowing down the monster with his stasis gun. Everything about Crow is practical which I like since some other trappers in the game have only one or two abilities truly worth using (Daisy and traps for Maggie, harpoon gun for Griffin, darts for Abe, etc).

Jack: Like Sunny, I do not care for Jack too much. I have been in battles as monsters where Jack's forcefield had quite an impact on my fighting abilities, but I realized after using him how low the capacity on this skill. Like other trappers, his primary weapon is largely useless. The radar is quite helpful, especially for unexperienced trappers who need help catching the monster's trail.

Kala: TBD but from the one short game I played, she seemed to be decent.

I have not tested out the rest of the bunch yet.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm

So no sequel to Evolve? That's a huge bummer. The game had potential, its's just that most of the game was behind a paywall.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

Breakdown wrote:its's just that most of the game was behind a paywall.

It wasn't. Skins aren't necessary.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

GodzillaXGomoraFight
G-Grasper

Postby GodzillaXGomoraFight » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Kaijunator wrote:

I second this response. Evolve is definitely not a pay-to-win and DLC monsters are not overpowered if you can figure out a strategy to beat them. The game even offered very solid alternate versions of the initial four hunters as free DLC as well as two versions of the Goliath and Kraken. The game got bashed for following the trend of other FPS shooters and the "slow" gameplay of Hunt. I will agree with most critics that this game suffered from a lack of content and a campaign could have been done very well if they put the time into it.

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 pm

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:

DLC monsters are not overpowered if you can figure out a strategy to beat them.

For Gorgon, yes. Behemoth is terrible in Legacy Evolve, so strategy isn't really necessary. It's different in Stage 2 (Behemoth is like the fourth best, after Elder Kraken, Meteor Goliath, and OG Goliath).

parental issues.

Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:45 am

The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Return to “Video Game Hub”