Evolve

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Evolve

Postby Mr. Xeno » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:02 am

Kaijunator wrote:When you say Ultimate Edition, you're talking about the the one that comes with the two Season Passes and the Monster Expansion Pack?

Yes. That's the only other edition released, and clearly the one to get.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: Evolve

Postby Kaijunator » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:When you say Ultimate Edition, you're talking about the the one that comes with the two Season Passes and the Monster Expansion Pack?

Yes. That's the only other edition released, and clearly the one to get.

Oh, I thought that a GOTY edition had been released. Cause in Carcosa's post, he said "game of the year", not Ultimate. That was a scare for me.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2149
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 am
Location: Tommy Wiseau's Green Prostate

Re: Evolve

Postby Young Guy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:43 am

New medic revealed, E.M.E.T the robot with split personality...error I guess would the best word to use.

Can't paste the video because I'm on the PS4's browser.

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: Evolve

Postby Kaijunator » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Young Guy wrote:New medic revealed, E.M.E.T the robot with split personality...error I guess would the best word to use.

Can't paste the video because I'm on the PS4's browser.

Saw the trailer the day it was posted. Wanna play as him. Seems cool.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
Zilla103192
Keizer
Posts: 8368
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Monster Island
Contact:

Re: Evolve

Postby Zilla103192 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:08 am

So I traded up to the ultimate edition last week. I was REALLY sick the rest of the week though, so I haven't had a chance to play it until now. I'm downloading everything as I type this.

Is there a full list of what's included with the Ultimate edition somewhere? Google's not giving me exactly what I want.

Like, I know I get all the hunters, and all the monsters. But do I also get all the skins for the weapons and monsters? Or are those still separate purchases?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

User avatar
Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2399
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Re: Evolve

Postby Dillyziller » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:25 am

Do you guys recommend this game? I've been thinking of purchasing it.
^This post in sexually offensive.

User avatar
Godzillakuj94
Interpol Agent
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:50 pm
Location: Some little town you have never heard of

Re: Evolve

Postby Godzillakuj94 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Zilla103192 wrote:So I traded up to the ultimate edition last week. I was REALLY sick the rest of the week though, so I haven't had a chance to play it until now. I'm downloading everything as I type this.

Is there a full list of what's included with the Ultimate edition somewhere? Google's not giving me exactly what I want.

Like, I know I get all the hunters, and all the monsters. But do I also get all the skins for the weapons and monsters? Or are those still separate purchases?

You get like 3 skins for all of the monsters but you have to buy the rest. For hunters you get like 1-2 for each of them.

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Evolve

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Zilla103192 wrote:Like, I know I get all the hunters, and all the monsters. But do I also get all the skins for the weapons and monsters? Or are those still separate purchases?

I got the Ultimate Edition and, if you want the specifics, the skins I have are:

Markov
-Predator
-Dragonscale

Blitz Markov
-Predator
-Dragonscale
-Exterminator
-Ragnarok
-Night Hunter
-Infinity
-Union Jack

Hyde
-Predator
-Dragonscale

Parnell
-Predator
-Dragonscale

Torvald
-Predator
-Arctic

Lennox
-Victory

Maggie
-Predator

Wasteland Maggie
-Predator
-Union Jack

Griffin
-Predator

Abe
-Predator

Crow
-Predator
-Arctic

Jack
-Victory

Val
-Predator

Rogue Val
-Predator
-Exterminator
-Night Hunter

Lazarus
-Predator

Caira
-Predator

Slim
-Predator
-Arctic

E.M.E.T.
-Victory

Hank
-Predator

Tech Sgt. Hank
-Predator
-Night Hunter
-Union Jack
-Arctic Camo
-Leviathan

Bucket
-Predator

Cabot
-Predator

Sunny
-Predator
-Arctic

Goliath
-Savage
-Magma
-Frostbite
-Clownfish

Meteor Goliath
-None

Kraken
-Magma

Wraith
-Magma

Behemoth
-None

Gorgon
-Turtle Rock Gold
-Scarab
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
Zilla103192
Keizer
Posts: 8368
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Monster Island
Contact:

Re: Evolve

Postby Zilla103192 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:48 pm

So... not "Ultimate Edition"...

More like, "better then the regular release... but not "Ultimate" Edition"
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

User avatar
GodzillaXGomoraFight
G-Grasper
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Evolve

Postby GodzillaXGomoraFight » Wed May 25, 2016 9:35 am

Been playing this game again for the last few days with my friend. This game is a lot different now than it was when I stopped playing it last summer. I am happy that they included Meteor Goliath and Elder Kraken into the game as free content. Despite being similar to their original counterparts, mastering them could be a lot of fun. Obviously, you cannot find a lot of people these days; the game is basically dead. Quick Play is the only mode that people play and you are lucky if you end up with a full lobby. You can expect to find a mix of Level 40 veterans like myself and lower level people learning the game. I am assuming that the dramatic price cuts to this game managed to bring in a few curious gamers. I do not think that I will invest more money for paid DLC out of impulse. I do not have any desire to play with DLC hunters and although the Gorgon seems cool, I can spend my time getting elite skins for my Goliath, Meteor Goliath, Elder Kraken, and Wraith. The Gorgon must be really good in the right hands, but I have noticed that it has little health.
Image

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Evolve

Postby g2vd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Well, thanks to me getting a Gaming PC I'll finally be able to play this game..this is going to be awesome!
Last edited by g2vd on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Evolve (Biggest Update Ever Coming Out In A Few Hours)

Postby g2vd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Well, I finally got the Game for my PC and I found it amazingly at Gamestop's PC department you know that little forgotten section in the store which hasn't been looked at in years. :lol:

It was $10 but with my $5 Reward Card I only paid $5 a more than fantastic price (And I supported GS) I can't wait to play it.

Anyway, on to the main thing and the reason for the edited title the new update.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/06/evolve-game-teasing-something-with-countdown-clock-ending-tomorrow/
Godzilla

User avatar
ShinSludge71
Yojimbo
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 am
Location: Nowhere and everywhere

Re: Evolve

Postby ShinSludge71 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:26 pm

HOLY poop I'M RETURNING TO IT TOMORROW.

Thanks for the heads up g.


Fearing for the worst. Better hope that the countdown isn't for this

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... anges.aspx
Image


ILL GREEN wrote:There's money to be made with a Hedorah bong.

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Evolve

Postby g2vd » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:09 am

ShinSludge71 wrote:Fearing for the worst. Better hope that the countdown isn't for this

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... anges.aspx

I must say I didn't expect this I thought it would be a Campaign Mode I never thought it would go F2P.

Though this is pretty cool now all the DLC can be unlocked in Game finally which is great!..unless of course you are the poor dude who bought the game and all of it's DLC a few days ago :lol: that would really stink that would stink a lot.

Though I will say I don't like what they are doing to the Dome, while it would make sense for everybody on the team to have a Dome it takes away from the Trapper's place and does put a huge hole in Monster strategy. not to mention the fact the Dome won't miss anymore is terrible but they've apparently made sure it will be balanced so that's good and it should definitely change a very important mechanic and refresh it.

But I don't like that the Hunters have a slight Regen even if it's slight.

Though I am slightly disappointed by the fact that if you are a founder which you automatically are if you owned the game prior to this, everything you currently own is unlocked as I was kinda hoping to be able to unlock that stuff myself but oh well this going to be pretty cool.

And the best thing about is that they are finally recognizing their DLC Practices were utter garbage and are trying improve on that.
Godzilla

User avatar
GodzillaXGomoraFight
G-Grasper
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Evolve

Postby GodzillaXGomoraFight » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:59 pm

g2vd wrote:
ShinSludge71 wrote:Fearing for the worst. Better hope that the countdown isn't for this

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... anges.aspx

I must say I didn't expect this I thought it would be a Campaign Mode I never thought it would go F2P.

Though this is pretty cool now all the DLC can be unlocked in Game finally which is great!..unless of course you are the poor dude who bought the game and all of it's DLC a few days ago :lol: that would really stink that would stink a lot.

Though I will say I don't like what they are doing to the Dome, while it would make sense for everybody on the team to have a Dome it takes away from the Trapper's place and does put a huge hole in Monster strategy. not to mention the fact the Dome won't miss anymore is terrible but they've apparently made sure it will be balanced so that's good and it should definitely change a very important mechanic and refresh it.

But I don't like that the Hunters have a slight Regen even if it's slight.

Though I am slightly disappointed by the fact that if you are a founder which you automatically are if you owned the game prior to this, everything you currently own is unlocked as I was kinda hoping to be able to unlock that stuff myself but oh well this going to be pretty cool.

And the best thing about is that they are finally recognizing their DLC Practices were utter garbage and are trying improve on that.

I am not surprised that this game became free to play, but I am disappointed a little. I read an article a while back that talked about how they were going to give everyone a dome a while back, so I am not shocked they did other things like slight regen. In my opinion, being a monster has gotten much more unappealing. Part of being a monster is shaking off the hunters to the point they are lost and subject to your mercy. I am going to play the game when I come back from vacation, so I will have to wait and see if these balance changes will kill the monster experience. I wonder how much Gorgon will cost? If player count goes back up, they should start releasing more monsters again. I kind of wish they did something more to reimburse people who bought DLC. Part of my disappointment is because of this switch. I feel as if the money I spent to buy the game and the Behemoth were for no reason. These credits better be a substantial amount to allow people form the beginning to be close to buying a monster.
Image

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Evolve

Postby g2vd » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:13 am

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:I am not surprised that this game became free to play, but I am disappointed a little. I read an article a while back that talked about how they were going to give everyone a dome a while back, so I am not shocked they did other things like slight regen. In my opinion, being a monster has gotten much more unappealing. Part of being a monster is shaking off the hunters to the point they are lost and subject to your mercy.

I agree I mean the Dome is kinda terrible it has no challenge left on it, you don't have that thrill and excitement when you've managed to barely catch the monster in you're Dome. now the Dome can be put up in three seconds by holding the F-Key no Gun involved it just pops up suddenly.
Godzilla

User avatar
Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2149
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 am
Location: Tommy Wiseau's Green Prostate

Re: Evolve

Postby Young Guy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:43 am

I think going free-to-play will benefit this game greatly. It should have went the MOBA route from the beginning IMO.

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Evolve

Postby g2vd » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:59 am

I need some help I just asked for it on TRS-Forums but I want to see if anybody could help me here too.
Ehh, bit of a noob here, but so far I've been really enjoying the game it's been fun but I've only been able to play the Tutorials since Last Night, the game says all I need to do is to play the tutorial to unlock the Goliath and the Assault. but every-time I complete the tutorials they don't show up I even signed in and that took a while to see if it would help and it didn't and they won't unlock.

And Is Offline play still here with the Stage Two Update? everything other than Training and Options requires me to sign in and every-time I exit a category it keeps trying to connect to the Servers which has gotten a bit annoying.

And where are the other modes? they are all in play I take it?
Godzilla

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Evolve

Postby Mr. Xeno » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:00 pm

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:In my opinion, being a monster has gotten much more unappealing. Part of being a monster is shaking off the hunters to the point they are lost and subject to your mercy. I am going to play the game when I come back from vacation, so I will have to wait and see if these balance changes will kill the monster experience. I wonder how much Gorgon will cost? If player count goes back up, they should start releasing more monsters again. I kind of wish they did something more to reimburse people who bought DLC. Part of my disappointment is because of this switch. I feel as if the money I spent to buy the game and the Behemoth were for no reason. These credits better be a substantial amount to allow people form the beginning to be close to buying a monster.

I agree with that. Most of the people playing the game at this point are people who know what they're doing, and that makes the challenge for the monster player much harder than it was back when the game was new and populated with casual newbies. With this latest update, it looks like playing the monster will be even harder, but that might be intentional since they're probably hoping for tons of newer, less experienced/casual players to start logging in. Making it easier for the hunters to win will help bring in new players who don't want to take the time to learn the game, like I have.

But a large part of the fun of playing the monster was avoiding the hunters while Stage 1, and mostly Stage 2. Some of my favorite monster-playing moments were when I got trapped inside a dome, but managed to hide long enough to fool the hunters into thinking they missed me. That's never going to happen now.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
GodzillaXGomoraFight
G-Grasper
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Evolve

Postby GodzillaXGomoraFight » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Regen must be crazy right now for hunters. I wonder if the default regen can be combined with the old regen buff and Albino Tyrant buff will make hunters real hard to take down. Maybe you guys are right about the game being a little easier in some respects because of all of the new people playing. RIP to stealth as the monster.
Image


Return to “Video Game Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest