Evolve

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Evolve

Postby Young Guy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:59 am

Surprised there isn't already a thread for this game.

Evolve is a game made by Turtle Rock Studios, the same guys who made Left 4 Dead. The game has 4v1 styled gameplay- four hunters vs one player controlled monster.

There's 4 hunter classes:
Assault. Deals the most damage to the monster
Trapper: Traps (duh) and tracks down the monster
Medic: Heals and revives teammates. Most of the medics can pierce the monster's armour and reveal weak points.
Support : The most important class. Can shield and buff teammates.

There's 4 playable monsters so far (and talks of a fifth one as DLC).
Goliath, Kraken, Wraith and Behemoth. Each one plays differently. Monster gain energy on their "evolve meter" by eating wildlife. When the meter reaches the top, the monster can evolve which alters their appearance, speed, size and damage. Stage 3 is the maximum stage.

As well as killing each other, there are different objectives depending on which mode you're playing.

I'm getting this game for the PS4, what are you guys' thoughts?

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Evolve

Postby Zilla103192 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:36 pm

This game, and No Mans Sky, are why I am buying a PS4.

They look amazing.

I will most likely play as Goliath most of the time when playing as the monster.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

TheLastGezora
Interpol Agent

Postby TheLastGezora » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Already preordered for PC. Can't wait to play it.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...

Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D

naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Since I preordered the game awhile back I got into the open Alpha and the game was a blast. I'm not normally a fan on online only games but this one was great. Looking forward to the open beta tomorrow and this weekend.
optimum in mundi

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 am

Is this game:
A. Single Player where the other characters are CPU.
B. Online Only.
C. A Single and Online game.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:45 am

Kaijunator wrote:Is this game:
A. Single Player where the other characters are CPU.
B. Online Only.
C. A Single and Online game.

The game can be played online as well as offline with AI bots. During an online match, if a player leaves the game then a bot will take control of their character.

TheLastGezora
Interpol Agent

Postby TheLastGezora » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:29 am

Well, I just played the tutorial of the beta. Pretty solid so far.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...

Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D

naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:43 pm

I checked out some vids of this - the premise is solid and quite unique compared to typical shooters. I might have to pick this up.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

Nani Sore
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Nani Sore » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:19 pm

I've been playing a few beta multiplayer games. Super fun, I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out.
Now that 80 is gone I want the Texans to become the 80s Pistons bad boys. Every team in the league hates us because we beat the skreeonk out of them, play dirty, embrace the villain role. I want to truly become Patriots south with a more pissed off defense. I'm talking when tbe Rock turned heel. I want kids crying in front of their TVs while Swag poses over broken prettyboy quarterbacks."G-g-get up, Foles. Please get up?"

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:00 pm

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/6rtLoReE-ZJ5E-8n0iZ3rd8QHRM=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2930760/2KGMKT_EVOLVE_HUNTINGSEASONPASS_DIGITAL_FOB_AG_ESRB.0.jpg
4th tier hunters have been teased!
I'm guessing the guy with the bird is the trapper. I wonder if the bird will act like a fifth player similar to Daisy.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Instantly fell in love with this game when I heard it was being released. If I buy any of the next gen consoles this game is definitely among the first I buy with it.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Shirrako's gameplay.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:06 am

This game is great I can't wait to get the full game here in less than a month. Though I'll probably hold off on playing it got other stuff I want to play through first.
optimum in mundi

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:53 am

Any of you heard of the Velvet Worm, a scrapped monster?

[Pic]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... t_worm.jpg[/Pic]

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Postby toho_guy01 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:45 am

Young Guy wrote:Any of you heard of the Velvet Worm, a scrapped monster?

I remember seeing a video about it. I think they couldn't do it because they could have a monster going underground like all the time.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:14 am

toho_guy01 wrote:

I remember seeing a video about it. I think they couldn't do it because they could have a monster going underground like all the time.

That could easily be avoided given the right imagination.

-give the monster a burrowing energy meter. Once the meter emptys, the monster comes up. The meter could last longer the bigger the monster gets.

-give the trapper (or someone else) a special mine weapon thst has a long range, so when the monster appears under ground in the general area of the mine, it's injured and comes up.

- make the monsters movement burrowing, but it's stationary position, and attacks are all surfaced.

It's a really cool monster, I would love to see it in game some day.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:46 am

toho_guy01 wrote:

Actually, there's 2 reasons why it was scrapped:
1. They planned on making him slither around the map. They didn't have the technology at the time.
2.Kinda a shitty reason but they wanted their monsters to have "human elements".

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Postby MDK » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:01 am

Everything wrong with preordering and DLC the game.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol

SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega

If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:53 am

MDK wrote:Everything wrong with preordering and DLC the game.

Admittedly, I agree. There's a plethora of pre-order expansions e.g. Monster expansion, Exterminator weapons pack, PC monster race, deluxe digital edition, hunter expansion pack, etc

And $15 for ONE monster is Jew level of greed. And the 4th tier hunters cost $7.50, or something, EACH!

The maps and modes will be free so that's cool I guess.

Return to “Video Game Hub”