Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by Dracosaurian »

Some of the new monsters in Monster Hunter World.
Last edited by Dracosaurian on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

missed the collectors edition pre order *salt level increases*
your source of self destruction

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I can't wait for the new game to come out. Probably not going to pick it up right at launch but I will get it shortly after. My platform of choice will be the Xbox One since I'll have more friends to play that with on that platform.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I've got more games coming out next year than I think I've ever had. MHW is just icing on the cake! Its not complete online is it? That the only think that might prevent me from buying this. Still it's nice to finally have a Monster Hunter game back on a Playstation console.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Monster Hunter World's recent trailer revealing the Rotten Vale. The newest monsters are Odogaron, Radobaan, Girros and Great Girros.

Added in 13 hours 43 minutes 51 seconds:

SickleFeather
Samurai

Post by SickleFeather »

The classic and dreaded Deviljho is coming back to MHW.
https://youtu.be/kahQKbMiJ5U
Last edited by SickleFeather on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"So ends the human race! The future is built upon the past, but your kind shall never see it! Your mother and father are dead, tiny one. And now, it is your turn...TO DIE!" - Grima, Fire Emblem Awakening

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Had way too much fun designing my cat companion.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Had way too much fun designing my cat companion.
Word. (will probably never use that expression again)

I'm mostly new to the franchise, I played of a bit of one (can't even remember the name) on 3DS but I found it very inaccessible for me. I gotta say, Monster Hunter World blew me the hell away. The gameplay is incredibly addicting, as is collecting and crafting all the armour.

I've taken a big liking to using the bow. What weapons are you guys using?

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I am full on addicted to World.

I main dual blades and light now gun. Add me on psn (Zilla103192). I work night shift so I'm mainly on weekdays 2-7pm and whenever on the weekends. Just tell me who you are from here.

I had two 12 hour long runs with my friend this past week. We just repelled Zorah. The Pukei-Pukei mission after killed us both and we called it quits there for the day.

Is it just me or is this one a bit easier compared to the older games? I always had trouble killing even the Qurupeco in Tri and TriU. But other then the occasional hang up, I've done fairly well. I know they changed some stuff to appeal to western players more, but did they change the difficulty?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

That stupid oviraptor thing took me forever to kill. Man that thing was annoying as hell.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

got one shot by nergigante, party killed it while I was halfway to its location
your source of self destruction

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:That stupid oviraptor thing took me forever to kill. Man that thing was annoying as hell.
Leave Kulu Ya-Ku alone. He's adorable.

I picked up MHW last week. My first Monster Hunter game, though I've been aware of and interested in the franchise since the first game came out. I've got 20-some hours in so far, and my thoughts on the game are... eh. Like, it's fun and all, but I'm not blown away like I was expecting to be. Maybe it's just that Dragon's Dogma has ruined all monster fighting games for me forever with its perfection, but something about the combat in MHW just feels clunky. I chalked that up largely to my inexperience initially, but at this point I've put in enough hours with the most mobile weapon in the game (insect glaive) that that's not longer a factor. There's very little strategy in fighting the monsters; you just hit them until they die. I almost invariably find myself wishing the combat was more like DD, especially where mounting is concerned. And the monsters constantly running away when they start losing is just obnoxious and does nothing but needlessly prolong the fights. Wonky hitboxes for a lot of monster attacks that result in getting hit by things that clearly didn't connect with you don't help either.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

So, how’s everybody been doing against Lunastra? I’m honestly surprised that she’s harder than Teostra considering that the roles in terms of power were opposite in Freedom Unite.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

TyrantGojira wrote:So, how’s everybody been doing against Lunastra? I’m honestly surprised that she’s harder than Teostra considering that the roles in terms of power were opposite in Freedom Unite.
Lunastra's... surprisingly frustrating. her head being more armored than Teostra's, a higher HP pool, and her blue flames for days caught me off guard and... she's a menace. If she's THAT bad... I fear to see what they do to Alatreon, who may as well be confirmed since everything's going along the leaked monster list.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Well... this is unexpected. The bohemoth from Final Fantasy series will be appearing the the Elder’s Recess this summer.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Hi, I'm new to the series and looking for some advice:
I tried Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U, and at first I was enjoying it, but the violence (specifically the blood splashes and dying animations) and tiny text boxes put me off. However, I recently rediscovered Monster Hunter Stories thanks to TyrantisTerror; I practically grew up playing third party mons games and it just looks like it would be more pleasant for a animal-loving softboy like me. But I also heard that it's a little basic and the real fun doesn't come until the postgame.
Is it worth the purchase?

UPDATE: I'm getting it anyways :p
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

TyrantGojira wrote:Well... this is unexpected. The bohemoth from Final Fantasy series will be appearing the the Elder’s Recess this summer.
Just a behemoth? I would've thought a king behemoth or something.

Or, even more dangerous, a tonberry. :shock:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Big Monster Hunter announcement is coming December 10th. I have a feeling they will add G Rank to World or add a new location to it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Brand new Iceborne expansion is coming soon.
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/statu ... 03744?s=19
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Geralt from The Witcher fame will have a crossover with MHW. That should be awesome.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.