Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

For the most part anyway. Then again, once you get a high enough level for them on guild they're bound to be frenzied anyway. But yeah, it's nice for some people to not have to search for them so hard now. Though I'll still be grinding guild quests for divine armor spheres.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Hah I'm still nursing Freedom Unite!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Also, you can now buy Raw Meat from the Wycoon. Yay for time-saving!
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Yes, I beat G-rank Crimson fatalis. Now to get at least one of it's weapons and wait for the white fatalis to come via DLC.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I love this series... But it's so damn HARD!

I restarted 3 ultimate yesterday and again, stuck on the damn Qurupeco. That bird is the Bane of my exsistence. ;-;

I have no clue why I have so much trouble with that one monster!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Zilla103192 wrote:I love this series... But it's so damn HARD!

I restarted 3 ultimate yesterday and again, stuck on the damn Qurupeco. That bird is the Bane of my exsistence. ;-;

From the way I see it, everyone has a hard time to specific monsters. Crimson fatalis, Rajang? They're not trouble for me, just watch your step. But yian garuga and Kirin? Hahaha, they ca give me quite a hard time. But then there's gigginox and khezu.... I have yet to meet one person that enjoys hunting these two...

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Zilla103192 wrote:I love this series... But it's so damn HARD!

Some advice for the Peco:
-Throw Sonic Bombs at it when it's calling it to make it mess up the call
-Don't attack the parts that make your weapon bounce
-The stuff it spits at you lowers you fire defense
-You can very easily dodge it's fire explosions by rolling towards him instead of away.
And most importantly, remember to upgrade your armour and weapons and eat at the canteen before quests.
TetsukiGroudon wrote:But then there's gigginox and khezu.... I have yet to meet one person that enjoys hunting these two...
Fuck Gigginox. Worst monster ever.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

HEY! I enjoyed hunting Gigginox in gen 3. He was a fun fight.

Green plesioth, however, can go hang himself. 4 deaths of my 13 death solo run of MH3U belonged to that asshole. 3 deaths came from Rust Duram's fat ass, and two from Niblesnarf being a jackass.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I. Killed. A. Qurupeco!!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Zilla103192 wrote:I. Killed. A. Qurupeco!!
*Dramatic applause* One step closer to G-rank!!!

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

It's funny. After I killed him, I hardly had any trouble with any other monsters I hunted. I fainted once with one. Can't recall the name. Big brown/green guy. Big ram horns. Club tail, spun around and threw himself...

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Zilla103192 wrote:It's funny. After I killed him, I hardly had any trouble with any other monsters I hunted. I fainted once with one. Can't recall the name. Big brown/green guy. Big ram horns. Club tail, spun around and threw himself...
Duramboros. When i first played, it kept on stumping me because of the time limit.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Yeah, Duramboros is quite the HP sponge. One of the reasons I don't fight him often.

Also, beat Gogmazios today! I've had his urgent for about a week, but I didn't wanna do until I had completed the Wyceum and had a good group of players to do it with (It's awful when you've been fighting the monster for 20+ minutes and you fail because somebody died one too many times.)

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Smuggers wrote:Yeah, Duramboros is quite the HP sponge. One of the reasons I don't fight him often.

Also, beat Gogmazios today! I've had his urgent for about a week, but I didn't wanna do until I had completed the Wyceum and had a good group of players to do it with (It's awful when you've been fighting the monster for 20+ minutes and you fail because somebody died one too many times.)
Just wait until you get to the scroll one. You'll be lucky to find players good enough not to fail you.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I've been playing MH4U a lot with some friends and co-workers. I use SnS and have gotten quite good with it.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I mainly use dual blades. I hate how every other weapon is just so slow. I like to get in, slice the monster up a few times, then roll back out to avoid taking too much damage.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Zilla103192 wrote:I mainly use dual blades. I hate how every other weapon is just so slow. I like to get in, slice the monster up a few times, then roll back out to avoid taking too much damage.
That is the exact strategy and reasoning of my friend at school.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

It just bothers me to no end how if I am using a great sword, or switchaxe, how once I finally swing the weapon, the monster moves out of the way.

Dual blades may not do a lot of damage... But I feel so much safer with them.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Zilla103192 wrote:It just bothers me to no end how if I am using a great sword, or switchaxe, how once I finally swing the weapon, the monster moves out of the way.

Dual blades may not do a lot of damage... But I feel so much safer with them.
Are you kidding me? The dual blades can I inflict a ton of damage. The greatsword and other weapons do major damage when the oppurtunity is right, like when a monster is down. They can also flinch monsters a lot more than dual blades cam, especially the great sword.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Always use the long sword, its my personal favorite. I usually use the switch axe in MH3 though.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983