Five Nights at Freddy's

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
User avatar
THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:48 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Okay, what do you get, when you take Chuck E. Cheese's and Skynet, and put them both in a blender?

Why, a nightmare smoothie called Five Nights at Freddy's.



This is by far one of the most terrifying games I've ever played. The very idea of animatronic automations that are meant to entertain children, but suprisingly look rather scary is perfect for a game like this.

Got any experiences with this game yourself?
Last edited by THECRAZEBLING on Fri May 29, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.


#IStandwithVic

User avatar
DesuGojiFan
Futurian
Posts: 1904
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:22 pm
Location: The Phoenix Nest

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby DesuGojiFan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:50 pm

In a few weeks, this game will probably fade into obscurity. The game's horror really starts to fade if you've played it for a while.

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Never played it, but have seen plenty of playthroughs. It looks pretty well done from what I've seen. I love how it's so incredibly simple, yet so effective.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:48 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm

DesuGojiFan wrote:In a few weeks, this game will probably fade into obscurity. The game's horror really starts to fade if you've played it for a while.


Sorta like what markiplier said about it after his seven hour experience with 20/20/20/20
My YouTube

Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.


#IStandwithVic

User avatar
DesuGojiFan
Futurian
Posts: 1904
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:22 pm
Location: The Phoenix Nest

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby DesuGojiFan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:31 pm

THECRAZEBLING wrote:
DesuGojiFan wrote:In a few weeks, this game will probably fade into obscurity. The game's horror really starts to fade if you've played it for a while.


Sorta like what markiplier said about it after his seven hour experience with 20/20/20/20

Hopefully the sequel changes up the formula enough to where the game is still enjoyable after you've completed its extremely short run time. And no, new mascots does not constitute different gameplay mechanics; actually change some things to make it different to its predecessor.

User avatar
THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:48 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:10 am

DesuGojiFan wrote:Hopefully the sequel changes up the formula enough to where the game is still enjoyable after you've completed its extremely short run time. And no, new mascots does not constitute different gameplay mechanics; actually change some things to make it different to its predecessor.


One, would be the unpredictability of where the animations would be located. Perhaps in the sequel, Bonnie and Chica would alternate between hallways and doors, or maybe even Foxy running down different hallways.
My YouTube

Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.


#IStandwithVic

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14150
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:50 am

Atmosphere and lore are great, gameplay is bad.

Gets tedious and boring once you reach nights 3-5.
Image

User avatar
Kiryu2012
Kwaidan
Posts: 6084
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby Kiryu2012 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:59 am

I'm never getting this game(too damn spooky for me), but it still looks fantastic for a simplistic horror game.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.


My DA

20th Century Boy
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3615
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby 20th Century Boy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:27 am

It's okay. Not as scary as people are saying it is. Night 5 is pretty difficult and I could never beat it.

User avatar
Zilla103192
Keizer
Posts: 8368
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Monster Island
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby Zilla103192 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:20 pm

I liked the idea and setup a lot, but kind of wish there was more to do than operating 2 doors and 2 lights from just one room.

It would be really cool if the sequel started just like the first, but something goes wrong, like the power goes out, and you need to leave the security room to restore it, but end up being stuck in the building with the animatronics running around.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

User avatar
THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:48 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Zilla103192 wrote:I liked the idea and setup a lot, but kind of wish there was more to do than operating 2 doors and 2 lights from just one room.

It would be really cool if the sequel started just like the first, but something goes wrong, like the power goes out, and you need to leave the security room to restore it, but end up being stuck in the building with the animatronics running around.


And you would have to try fending off the animatronics with a crowbar, or a nightstick or something.
My YouTube

Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.


#IStandwithVic

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14150
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Fighting them off wouldn't be fun. I think a maze-type game where you have to hide if you hear one of the animatronics coming would be great.
Image

User avatar
THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:48 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Fighting them off wouldn't be fun. I think a maze-type game where you have to hide if you hear one of the animatronics coming would be great.


Ooooh, kinda like Amnesia!
My YouTube

Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.


#IStandwithVic

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14150
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:56 pm

THECRAZEBLING wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Fighting them off wouldn't be fun. I think a maze-type game where you have to hide if you hear one of the animatronics coming would be great.


Ooooh, kinda like Amnesia!


Yeah, like that. You only have a flashlight (bringing back the limited power thing) and using it draws the animatronics to you. You have to duck around corners and hide under tables to avoid being seen.
Image

User avatar
Beef Bigshot
Keizer
Posts: 7393
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:45 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
THECRAZEBLING wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Fighting them off wouldn't be fun. I think a maze-type game where you have to hide if you hear one of the animatronics coming would be great.


Ooooh, kinda like Amnesia!


Yeah, like that. You only have a flashlight (bringing back the limited power thing) and using it draws the animatronics to you. You have to duck around corners and hide under tables to avoid being seen.


Sounds like every other horror game ever. I think it should stay with its original design where you cant move and the baddies come to you. Give it new element(perhaps being able to peek down the hallways or something?) that would keep things fresh
Resized Image

User avatar
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan
Posts: 5841
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am
Location: AWACS Long Caster
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Meh. Looks like a prime example of PewDiePie bait.

Then again, I've been spoiled by real horror games like Silent Hill and System Shock, so color me biased.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.


#Pro-Choice

User avatar
THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:48 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Meh. Looks like a prime example of PewDiePie bait.

Then again, I've been spoiled by real horror games like Silent Hill and System Shock, so color me biased.


PDP sucked at the game, and Markiplier beat him to it a while back. .o.
My YouTube

Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.


#IStandwithVic

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4958
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Speaking of Markiplier...
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby Smuggers » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Meh. Looks like a prime example of PewDiePie bait.

Then again, I've been spoiled by real horror games like Silent Hill and System Shock, so color me biased.

What's a "real horror game"?

The fear in this game comes from the limited power, and the tension built up if you actually lost sight of one of the bots. The so-called "jumps scares" are just kill screens.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
Birdman
Kwaidan
Posts: 6094
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 am
Location: guess

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby Birdman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 am

Five Nights at Freddy's 2 confirmed.

Grand Reopening 2015.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"


https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

Image


Return to “Video Game Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GodzillavsRayquaza and 1 guest