Five Nights at Freddy's

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician

Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Okay, what do you get, when you take Chuck E. Cheese's and Skynet, and put them both in a blender?

Why, a nightmare smoothie called Five Nights at Freddy's.

This is by far one of the most terrifying games I've ever played. The very idea of animatronic automations that are meant to entertain children, but suprisingly look rather scary is perfect for a game like this.

Got any experiences with this game yourself?
Last edited by THECRAZEBLING on Fri May 29, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.

#IStandwithVic

DesuGojiFan
Futurian

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Postby DesuGojiFan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:50 pm

In a few weeks, this game will probably fade into obscurity. The game's horror really starts to fade if you've played it for a while.

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Never played it, but have seen plenty of playthroughs. It looks pretty well done from what I've seen. I love how it's so incredibly simple, yet so effective.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm

DesuGojiFan wrote:In a few weeks, this game will probably fade into obscurity. The game's horror really starts to fade if you've played it for a while.

Sorta like what markiplier said about it after his seven hour experience with 20/20/20/20
My YouTube

Gothicserpent wrote:Bagan is the cancer of this fandom. You talk about him and flamewars are sure to ensue.

#IStandwithVic

DesuGojiFan
Futurian

Postby DesuGojiFan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:31 pm

THECRAZEBLING wrote:
DesuGojiFan wrote:In a few weeks, this game will probably fade into obscurity. The game's horror really starts to fade if you've played it for a while.

Sorta like what markiplier said about it after his seven hour experience with 20/20/20/20

Hopefully the sequel changes up the formula enough to where the game is still enjoyable after you've completed its extremely short run time. And no, new mascots does not constitute different gameplay mechanics; actually change some things to make it different to its predecessor.

THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:10 am

DesuGojiFan wrote:Hopefully the sequel changes up the formula enough to where the game is still enjoyable after you've completed its extremely short run time. And no, new mascots does not constitute different gameplay mechanics; actually change some things to make it different to its predecessor.

One, would be the unpredictability of where the animations would be located. Perhaps in the sequel, Bonnie and Chica would alternate between hallways and doors, or maybe even Foxy running down different hallways.
My YouTube

#IStandwithVic

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:50 am

Atmosphere and lore are great, gameplay is bad.

Gets tedious and boring once you reach nights 3-5.

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:59 am

I'm never getting this game(too damn spooky for me), but it still looks fantastic for a simplistic horror game.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

20th Century Boy
EDF Soldier

Postby 20th Century Boy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:27 am

It's okay. Not as scary as people are saying it is. Night 5 is pretty difficult and I could never beat it.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:20 pm

I liked the idea and setup a lot, but kind of wish there was more to do than operating 2 doors and 2 lights from just one room.

It would be really cool if the sequel started just like the first, but something goes wrong, like the power goes out, and you need to leave the security room to restore it, but end up being stuck in the building with the animatronics running around.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Zilla103192 wrote:I liked the idea and setup a lot, but kind of wish there was more to do than operating 2 doors and 2 lights from just one room.

It would be really cool if the sequel started just like the first, but something goes wrong, like the power goes out, and you need to leave the security room to restore it, but end up being stuck in the building with the animatronics running around.

And you would have to try fending off the animatronics with a crowbar, or a nightstick or something.
My YouTube

#IStandwithVic

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Fighting them off wouldn't be fun. I think a maze-type game where you have to hide if you hear one of the animatronics coming would be great.

THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Fighting them off wouldn't be fun. I think a maze-type game where you have to hide if you hear one of the animatronics coming would be great.

Ooooh, kinda like Amnesia!
My YouTube

#IStandwithVic

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:56 pm

THECRAZEBLING wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Fighting them off wouldn't be fun. I think a maze-type game where you have to hide if you hear one of the animatronics coming would be great.

Yeah, like that. You only have a flashlight (bringing back the limited power thing) and using it draws the animatronics to you. You have to duck around corners and hide under tables to avoid being seen.

Beef Bigshot
Keizer

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:45 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
THECRAZEBLING wrote:

Yeah, like that. You only have a flashlight (bringing back the limited power thing) and using it draws the animatronics to you. You have to duck around corners and hide under tables to avoid being seen.

Sounds like every other horror game ever. I think it should stay with its original design where you cant move and the baddies come to you. Give it new element(perhaps being able to peek down the hallways or something?) that would keep things fresh
Resized Image

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Meh. Looks like a prime example of PewDiePie bait.

Then again, I've been spoiled by real horror games like Silent Hill and System Shock, so color me biased.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

THECRAZEBLING
JXSDF Technician

Postby THECRAZEBLING » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Meh. Looks like a prime example of PewDiePie bait.

Then again, I've been spoiled by real horror games like Silent Hill and System Shock, so color me biased.

PDP sucked at the game, and Markiplier beat him to it a while back. .o.
My YouTube

#IStandwithVic

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Speaking of Markiplier...
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Meh. Looks like a prime example of PewDiePie bait.

What's a "real horror game"?

The fear in this game comes from the limited power, and the tension built up if you actually lost sight of one of the bots. The so-called "jumps scares" are just kill screens.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 am

Five Nights at Freddy's 2 confirmed.

Grand Reopening 2015.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

Return to “Video Game Hub”