Tekken 7

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Tekken 7

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sun May 10, 2015 7:55 pm

LegendZilla wrote:^ He even has a tail too!

It's Yoshimitsu, what were you expecting?
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sat May 16, 2015 2:57 am

Jack is Back!

PS. I'm not liking the soundtrack of this game. Ever since TTT2 the only things we hear are shitty techno and dubstep tracks. I miss the varied tracks we had in the last games. Bring back heavy metal!

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:58 am

I have no idea who this is, but....here ya go!
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Fri May 29, 2015 12:17 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:I have no idea who this is, but....here ya go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhvBFMt00iU

:lol: Dude, how do you not know who Kazumi is? She's the final boss and her face is all over the marketing. Story wise, she is the mother of Kazuya and the wife of Heihachi even though he looks 3 times her age! Anyhow, I bet the next fighter will be either Kuma or Nina, they're the only regulars who are missing from this roster.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Fri May 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Young Guy wrote:
Story wise, she is the mother of Kazuya and the wife of Heihachi even though he looks 3 times her age!

She stopped aging. Isn't it obvious?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Young Guy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhvBFMt00iU

:lol: Dude, how do you not know who Kazumi is? She's the final boss and her face is all over the marketing. Story wise, she is the mother of Kazuya and the wife of Heihachi even though he looks 3 times her age! Anyhow, I bet the next fighter will be either Kuma or Nina, they're the only regulars who are missing from this roster.

*crosses arms* hmm, Well I haven't been following this game, so there. :lol: but, now I know hehe :)
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sun May 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Ok, I semi-take back what I said about this game's soundtrack ; this one is kinda good.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:53 pm

I think that the next game should feature another timeskip alas Tekken 3.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:20 am

Hey, look! This game's still a thing!

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Huh, I didn't know Niki Minaj was in this game :mrgreen: On topic: I've really been getting into Tekken lately, so I'll for sure pick this up.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:08 am

To all the Tekken x Street Fighter fans.

https://youtu.be/FALpNrM3l44
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:33 am

miguelnuva wrote:To all the Tekken x Street Fighter fans.

HOLY poop!!!

It has even been confirmed via livestream that Akuma's appearance is canon. WHAT?!? Teaser for Tekken X Street Fighter? Foreshadowing the appearance of a Tekken character in SFV? Who knows.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Didn't see this coming.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:07 am

I'd say this is the first time that a guest character's inclusion in any fighting game has been canon to the game's storyline.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:59 am

Was ecstatic seeing him appear. His lack of an appearance in SFV is now much less sour :P
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:02 am

Young Guy wrote:

HOLY poop!!!

It has even been confirmed via livestream that Akuma's appearance is canon. WHAT?!? Teaser for Tekken X Street Fighter? Foreshadowing the appearance of a Tekken character in SFV? Who knows.

Very likely the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a Tekken character for SFV next with this news.

Also, just because Akuma's not on SFV's initial roster doesn't mean he won't be in it. The game's only starting with 16 base characters to make way for a big wave of DLC characters. Akuma may well be among them, meaning his rights are still with Capcom and they're still free to use him at their own leisure.

If Akuma doesn't make it in as a DLC character, I'm willing to bet it's because they intentionally reserved his roster spot for a Tekken guest character as a promotion for TxSF.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:54 am

Behold! This game lives!

TheIronSaurian
Young Farmer

Postby TheIronSaurian » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:46 am

Now that the game has come out, what is everyone's thoughts?

Personally, I think it is on par with tekken 5 at least, which I consider the best of the ps2/3 era games. The story is pretty engaging, at least the mishima saga as the character episodes I feel could have had more content. Gameplay is well crafted and feels fluid, and Akuma fits very well into the mold, considering making him a main of mine alongside King and Kazuya. Treasure battle is cool but can get a bit tedious and feel like grinding in a mmorpg; Maybe adding a few more modes to get chests aside from treasure and tournament would be nice, I heard on of the dlc packs will include a new mode. Customization is fine and online is pretty good, if you can connect. Overall, I'm happy with what I got and am still coming back for more.

8/10

Saansilt
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Saansilt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Good story, reaporter bro is duller than a billiard ball but the narrative was good enough for me to shrug him off. Mostly.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.

Chris55 wrote:Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?

My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

TheIronSaurian
Young Farmer

Postby TheIronSaurian » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Indeed, the reporter needs to learn what emotion is. I also wish that the king story was expanded upon, naybe say marduk disappeared and was turned into gigas, and Katarina was his long lost daughter. Then King and Katarina can team up to find him and Armored King II would be looking for marguk too. That is more of a bias though as King is my favorite character.

Return to “Video Game Hub”