Your most Nostalgic games.

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Chlorph
Ronin

Re: Your most Nostalgic games.

Postby Chlorph » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Only three come to mind
Turok/turok2 - i got the first game as a christmas gift from my neighbor because je heard i just got an N64
And i remember the two of us beating it in one sitting - it was also my first violent video game - i found out about the sequels
I rented the second game so much the store gave me the game for free and let me take home another game with it i of course chose the third game(meh)

Star fox 64 - this game actually showed me i have severe anger problems when it comes to crab monsters and floating brains

Warcraft 3 - my brother thought i needed to have an unhealthy addiction - it was summer so i literally would wake up start the game and i swear an hour at most has gone by but i get up and it's night time
Ask me anything - askmrtoots.tumblr.com

mschenk
Yojimbo

Postby mschenk » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Maniac Mansion (NES) - One of my favorites as a kid and my first Adventure game. They're coming out with a remake of Maniac Mansion 2: Day of the Tentacle later this year and I can't wait for it.

Castlevania series (NES) - loved these as a kid, I recently discovered Symphony of the Night on Xbox Arcade and am absolutely loving it

King's Quest 6 - My first PC game and one of my favorite games of all time.

Betrayal at Krondor - The first 3D open world game. My favorite game for about 15 years until I discovered Elder Scrolls/Fallout. This game doesn't get enough love.

Ultima 6 & 7 - Great open world where you can interact with literally anything (you can milk cows, bake bread, etc).

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Pokemon Soul Silver is very nosyalgic to me, very. Sure, I played pokemon fire red before and got stuck on the elite 4, and that game is nostalgic to me too. But soul silver is when the memories really took place for me, it's when I really started getting into the series and its world.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Godzilla: Save the earth (Ps2)
Transformers: Revenge of The fallen (Ps2)
Shrek 2 (Ps2)
And The polar express on Ps2.
Last edited by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.

Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.

http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Benn_Sonic_exe
Samurai

Postby Benn_Sonic_exe » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Taz: Wanted (Gamecube)
Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube)
Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)
X-Men Legends (Gamecube)
Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld (PC)
Also known as Fr0stfur or Ice.

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:22 pm

The Pipeworks Godzilla Trilogy (duh)
Jaws Unleashed
Aliens Vs. Predator 2010
Star Fox 64
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Mr. Xeno wrote:The Pipeworks Godzilla Trilogy (duh)
Jaws Unleashed
Aliens Vs. Predator 2010

These are mine too. The Halo games are also nostalgic for me.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AbudJasemAlBaldawi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 am

GTA Vice City Stories, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Midnight Club 3, Midnight Club LA, Midnight Club LA Remix, Midtown Madness 2, Battle City, Super Mario World, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Pokemon SoulSilver, Modern Warfare 2, Street Fighter 2, Final Fight, Pokemon Snap, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Bioshock
Spoiler:

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Absolutely cannot believe I forgot this game:

The Movies (2005)
This was easily my favorite game of all time (which makes it all the more embarrassing that I forgot it). In terms of how many hours I've played a game and how much fun I've had playing a game, this one easily takes the cake. It's an absolute shame that this game has been so forgotten. It's only available via used physical copies now, with no digital re-release in sight. Plus, it only managed to get one expansion pack; there was SO MUCH they could have added to the game, but they simply couldn't simply because it didn't sell.

I recently repurchased a copy of this game and have been trying my ass off to get it to work, with no success. :( It truly upsets me to see the reaction this game got.

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:37 am

Finally! Another person who has played The Movies!

I love that game and luckily I still have my copy of it and works fine for my Windows 7.

Goddamn I love this game so much. I remember I made a lot of Friday of the 13th films off of it and all the other countless fun films I made from it. A shame a lot of people didn't play it because it had potential for a lot more expansion packs than the Stunts and Effects. Hell they could have done an expansion for each of the remaining genres. How awesome would it have been to get a horror expansion or a Sc-Fi.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

"Stop being a skreeonk and put it in my mouth!"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

"For the kids"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:40 am

GodzillavsJason wrote:A shame a lot of people didn't play it because it had potential for a lot more expansion packs than the Stunts and Effects. Hell they could have done an expansion for each of the remaining genres. How awesome would it have been to get a horror expansion or a Sc-Fi.

I'm pretty sure they were planning for it to have a Sims-amount of expansion packs, put couldn't justify it after the poor sales. Although the game did have mod support out the ass, so you could basically get anything via the community. What's even funnier is I don't think there's a single person who's played the game and doesn't like it. It's gotten almost unanimous praise.

And ugh, I even got an older PC with Windows XP on it, and still couldn't get the damn thing to work. But hey, I can play the Starmaker demo perfectly, and watch all the tutorials!

GodzillaXGomoraFight
G-Grasper

Postby GodzillaXGomoraFight » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Here are the games that are most nostalgic for me:

Donkey Kong 64: My first game ever and until last year, I had not played it in over ten years. I still haven't beaten K-Rool yet though.

Pokemon Red/Blue: I started playing Pokemon at Generation 1 and to this day, I remember when I finally figured out how to get through Dark Tunnel by using Flash( I was seven years old and I had played the game countless times up until Vermillion City). Once I figured out Dark Tunnel, I was hooked.

Super Smash Bros/Melee: Played both of these games with my cousins a lot and spent hours going against Level 9 bots to unlock the hidden characters and maps in Melee.

[b]Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee/Save the Earth:[/b] I wouldn't be as big of a Godzilla fan now if I had not played these games all the time as a kid.

Test Drive Unlimited: Along with Project Gotham Racing 3, Test Drive Unlimited was one of the first game to introduce me to the racing genre and automobile history.

Call of Duty 4/World at War: Although I have rarely played CoD since Black Ops 2, I was formally introduced to online multiplayer through these games.

Red Dead Redemption: I absolutely adore this game and I would buy a remastered version in a heartbeat.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Even though I played it on PSP, this game was one of my favorite shooters.

King Kong: My first XBOX 360 game and my first look at "HD" graphics. Loved playing as King Kong.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Postby Komenja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (N64): The first game I ever played.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (N64): The game that kickstarted my interest in dinosaurs, native american culture, AND comic books. I loved the game so much I cleaned out every local shop of any Valiant Dinosaur Hunter issues I could find.

Halo trilogy (XBOX, 360): I've had a lot of fun playing 4-player splitscreen with friends over the years. The banter, the custom game types... never gets old!

Godzilla Destroy all Monsters Melee/Save the Earth (Gamecube, XBOX): DaMM was a game I loved so much it motivated me to do better in school. No, seriously. I could only rent a game from Blockbuster if I got good enough grades, so I put in more effort just for another chanceto pound Orga in his ugly face on hard mode. Save the Earth is also special to me as it's the first time I ever saw monsters like Baragon, Spacegodzilla, Megaguirus and Kiryu, all from movies I hadn't been able to find VHS tapes or DVDs of, or didn't even know existed.

Rampage World Tour/Universal Tour (N64): Another pair of games I played a bunch with friends, and still do every now and then!

Gex: Enter the Gecko/Deep Cover Gecko (N64): Some people have Mystery Science Theater to thank for their love of making obscure references, but I personally have Gex to thank for that.
I was just thinking that the only thing missing right about now was a giant crocodile...
Resized Image

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Kubo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 am

Sim City (SNES): It's the first game I can really remember playing a lot. Loved the hell out of it as a kid.

Pac Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES): This isn't a great game, but I can't say I don't have fun playing it. Love the graphics and play-style.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES): My favorite fighting game. So many cool characters. It's weird, I much prefer the old looks of Rain, Ermac, Reptile, etc. over their modern counterparts. Not sure why.

California Speed (N64): This game is fun for all of about a half hour, but it kept me coming back as a kid and even now. Maybe it's that sweet ass soundtrack.
Your friendly neighborhood tailor (definitely not a spy)
Next Episode Airs August 4th @ 10:00 pm EST in the Fan Fiction Forum
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
New Episode Every Saturday!
Thread

Twitter: @Dead_Ed_Lemmik
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:13 am

Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (has more of a special place in my heart than SA2B, but I play the latter much more)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Pokemon Yellow
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages (I can't even think about these games without shedding nostalgia tears)
Godzilla Domination
Gameboy Camera
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:23 am

Superman 64
Bubsy 3D
Hong Kong 97
Shaq Fu
Sonic 06
Hotel Mario
Link: The Faces of Evil
Coronation Street: The Mystery Of The Missing Hotpot Recipe
Dalmatians 3
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
Sneak King
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
Ride To Hell:Retribution

Quality right there.

VGF2615
Ronin

Postby VGF2615 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla Unleashed
Kirby The Crystal Shards
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Mickey Mania is a prominent example for me. Others include Donkey Kong Country and Goof Troop on the SNES.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:09 am

Any of the early MK games
Primal Rage
Killer Instinct
Super Mario 64
Super Godzilla
Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon: Leafgreen
Pokemon: Sapphire
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla Save The Earth
Saints Row 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:47 am

Spider-Man 2 (Xbox)

Peter Jackson's King Kong The Official Game Of The Movie (Xbox)

Zoo Tycoon (Original, PC)

Godzilla: Save The Earth (Xbox)

Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)
Godzilla

Return to “Video Game Hub”