Ace Combat Infinity

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Re: Ace Combat Infinity

Postby Inferno Rodan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x6mfZc23t0

New update yesterday.

I got my wish of a completely ground focused mission. This pleases me greatly. Haven't quite managed to S Rank it yet, but that's because I exclusively do 4 person rooms. And even then we've come real close a few times.

Really don't care about the Delphinus or XFA-27. They're apparently absurdly expensive, too. As in over 4 million credits for level 1.

Not happy about the higher tier planes getting their level cap increased to 15, but I knew that was inevitable anyway.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:05 am

Ya know if not for the pay to play monetization, this could have been the best AC game ever made.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Is free roam worth it? I just don't want it to be something that's basically a version of test flight that you pay for.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:43 pm

ScootaVaran wrote:Is free roam worth it? I just don't want it to be something that's basically a version of test flight that you pay for.

I'm pretty sure that's all it is. I didn't bother with it.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:31 pm

As a long time AC fan I'm really trying to enjoy this game, but damn do they make it hard..
Every stage just becomes a mad dash to get the most kills. If you have a lower tier plane then your poop out of luck.

I really regret getting rid of my AC6 game. :(
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Fri May 15, 2015 8:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbZ1njcBaE

New update.

Night Raven and Fenrir added, which I don't particularly care about. MiG-31 (FINALLY) added, which is neat. Level cap for a bunch of low-tier aircraft had been increased from 15 to 20. This pleases me because it means my A-10 will probably get the same treatment in the next update, assuming the same pattern is followed as last time. Special Aircraft Level Cap Increase Request Form is now a thing, though it apparently only increases the level once, so you need to use multiples to increase past 11.

The coolest new addition, though, is the fact that aircraft can further increase their part slots. After every mission, the plane you flew basically gets experience points and eventually "levels up" so to speak, which gives it an extra part slot in every category. I like this. A lot. Even if it'll still take forever for me to increase the slots on my A-10 enough to make any real difference in the parts loadout I can equip it with.

Oh, and a new co-op mission. Same map as Bunker Shot in the campaign. Haven't tried it yet, though. Been focusing on the skin/emblem challenges that I missed out on before since they're on a shorter time limit.

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Fri May 15, 2015 8:37 pm

The new map is nice. Lots of poop to attack.
Also, now you the ability to play without bots.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:09 pm

-pets Mobius emblem obtained in latest ranking event-

Started off with 266 stocked fuel, and was down to 100 by the time it was over. Ended up ranked 752. Totally worth it, especially since that was all fuel I'd saved up just from challenges and drops.

Oh, and what I said about taking forever to get my A-10 enough extra slots to make any real difference? Yeah, scratch that. Thanks to all those forced sorties during the ranking event, I got it to +8 extra slots. It's glorious.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:15 pm

*wakes self from loud snoring*

Still pay to play? Hm...OK. I saw the Nosferatu is a random drop. Level 2 is 4 million or something.

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Ok I have ask. Has anyone here played Assault Horizon? I've been needlessly stubborn when trying to avoid it.
You know, old school Ace Combat fan crap..

Well I've been craving a new flight game and I'm not seeing any sign of future releases in sight for current gen systems. So I'm turning my attention towards AH.
Any impressions on it?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:50 am

AH is an unmitigated piece of poop. You may have better luck with the H.A.W.X. games.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:40 am

ScootaVaran wrote:Ok I have ask. Has anyone here played Assault Horizon? I've been needlessly stubborn when trying to avoid it.
You know, old school Ace Combat fan crap..

Well I've been craving a new flight game and I'm not seeing any sign of future releases in sight for current gen systems. So I'm turning my attention towards AH.
Any impressions on it?

Not really a bad game. But Ace Combat it is not, definitely.

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Sorry for such a delay in response time.

I can understand that AH is nothing like a AC game ( that was mainly the reason for my avoidance), but how is it as a flight game?

I have HAWX 2. The game looks great, but it feels so small and confined. What I mean is that dogfights feel like the enemy jet is only 5 feet from my jet. I enjoy games like Birds of Steel and the AC series because you generally have a large area to battle in. Do you at least get that kind of freedom in AH?
Also, that dogfight cam thing. Do you have to use it all the time? Seems a bit nauseating to me.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:34 am

ScootaVaran wrote:Also, that dogfight cam thing. Do you have to use it all the time? Seems a bit nauseating to me.

The game basically forces you to use it against any decent enemy, so effectively yes.

Omegarex24
Samurai

Postby Omegarex24 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxxclocBFbY

New update features the GAF-1 Varcolac from Joint Assault and Godzilla shows up at the end of the trailer. Probably some kind of limited event.
"I like this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! let's do it!"
-Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters-

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Omegarex24 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxxclocBFbY

New update features the GAF-1 Varcolac from Joint Assault and Godzilla shows up at the end of the trailer. Probably some kind of limited event.

Seriously? Godzila?! The Varcolac, Mig 1.44, Draken?

THIS IS BULLSHIT! Why is all this stuff in this game! I've always wanted Godzilla and Ace Combat to meet. :(

PRIMEVAL
Futurian

Postby PRIMEVAL » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Okay, I'm an avid fan of the series and I'm surprised to see this new installment sneak up on me. However, I'm even more surprised at friggin' GODZILLA being in this o.o

20th Century Boy
EDF Soldier

Postby 20th Century Boy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Well, now that Godzilla's in it, I have to get it. Too bad it's not for PS4.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:18 pm

20th Century Boy wrote:Well, now that Godzilla's in it, I have to get it. Too bad it's not for PS4.

My thoughts exactly.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Not just Godzilla, Biollante, Mothra Larva, Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah also show up.

EDIT: Shame you can't actually fight the monsters, this was a missed chance to unlock some aircraft from the movies like the Astol, or Super-Xs or even Garuda.

Return to “Video Game Hub”