Games you find to be underated

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Julia Bristow
G-Force Lieutenant

Games you find to be underated

Postby Julia Bristow » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:01 am

(Note: If there's a thread already on this topic then merge the two)

What games do you personaly find underated?

My list:

Alpha Protocol (Honestly I feel that this game is a pretty fun action RPG and I feel that its actually light years more fun than Mass Effect)
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII (perhaps the most hated FF game I've ever seen because of its straight line design & story)
Clive Barker's Jericho
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Man of Steel
Futurian

Re: Games you find to be underated

Postby Man of Steel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:08 am

Godzilla Unleashed for the Wii. Many people tell me that the controls are "bad" and "complicated", etc. I've never had a problem with mine... I think it's a fantastic game.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

wisper15
E.S.P.Spy

Postby wisper15 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:48 am

TheGodzilla wrote:Godzilla Unleashed for the Wii. Many people tell me that the controls are "bad" and "complicated", etc. I've never had a problem with mine... I think it's a fantastic game.

It's rather simple. The Ps2 version sucked, though.
TK's resident Taurean

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Postby Castellan Zilla » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Shadow of the Colossus.

While it gets a lot of praise from those who have played it, it never had a lot of exposure.

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Fixed camera angled games like Resindent Evil, silent Hill, Dino Crisis and Onimusha. People always bitched about it but I always thought it added to the atmosphere.
Unfortunately they all went third person and never looked back.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 pm

ScootaVaran wrote:Fixed camera angled games like Resindent Evil, silent Hill, Dino Crisis and Onimusha. People always bitched about it but I always thought it added to the atmosphere.

Who's to say that's bad thing? I personally prefer 3d person. Never was a fan of FPS tittles (the fallout franchise being the only soul exception)
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:55 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:Fixed camera angled games like Resindent Evil, silent Hill, Dino Crisis and Onimusha. People always bitched about it but I always thought it added to the atmosphere.

Who's to say that's bad thing? I personally prefer 3d person. Never was a fan of FPS tittles (the fallout franchise being the only soul exception)

Well yeah, you and everyone else thought the samething too.
Which is why i mentioned it here. In a thread called "Games you find to be underated" ;)

I'm fine with third person games. I just wish those games stay the way they were.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:06 pm

ScootaVaran wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:

Well yeah, you and everyone else thought the samething too.
Which is why i mentioned it here. In a thread called "Games you find to be underated" ;)

I'm fine with 3d person games. I just wish those games stay the way they were.

I see where you're coming from. However, change, no matter how much we refuse to except it, is inevitable.

OT: Can't really think of any games I would call underrated. Well, I guess I would have to say the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games. They don't get nearly as much praise as they actually deserve.

sure, they may be out-dated, but damnit, those games are addicting!

The endless hours I would spend in front of my TV, my ps2 burning hot from overuse. Ahh, such nostalgic memories.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:23 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:I see where you're coming from. However, change, no matter how much we refuse to except it, is inevitable.

Then here's hoping they change it back. :P

OT: Brothers in Arms is another game that people seem to ignore. Especially with the success of games like COD.
Is it a non-stop arcade shooter? No, but it's still a well made game that deserves more love.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Postby MDK » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Castellan Zilla wrote:Shadow of the Colossus.

While it gets a lot of praise from those who have played it, it never had a lot of exposure.

OH GOD THIS!
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol

SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega

If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

BurningGMK54
Yin-Yang Master

Postby BurningGMK54 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:15 pm

Syphon Filter: the Omega Strain: SF:OS was a very fun game for me and was fun for a lot of other people as well. However, a lot of Syphon Filter fans bashed this game for mostly disregarding the main character and reducing him to cutscenes. Not only that but admittedly the production quality of the game is pretty below average and the fact you that can't reach max level without going online is frustrating.

The Ace Combat Franchise: The majority of this post applies to the PS2 and PS1 games but it can apply to a few games after them like AC6. This is one of those scenarios where it's not underrated in terms of how people reacted to it but rather in terms of how many people actually played these games. The Ace Combat games have a style to them that makes them stand out among not just flight games but games in general. These games seem to be even more underrated now ever since the 7th generation came around because it was around this time that the franchise took a drastic turn with games like Assault Horizon.
Last edited by BurningGMK54 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My entire experience at TohoKingdom before 2015 can be summed up like this:
I joined, said some REALLY dumb s***, and then disappeared.

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Postby LiquidG » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:21 am

The Adventures Of LoLo or the Eggerland series. I love the ever loving hell out of these nerve racking puzzle games
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Viva pinata. Sure, it may be childlike, but it is genuinely fun.

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Out of nostalgia..... Pokemon Channel. :oops:
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Handsome Jack
JXSDF Technician

Postby Handsome Jack » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:32 am

Morrowind - This game is great. Hardcore RPG. Bethesda did great.
Godzilla Unleashed - Although I believe the previous games are superior, I enjoy this game as well. Not too bad.
Brink - I do like the free running and the FPS mix. This game has great music and great gameplay.
Bulletstorm - Bulletstorm is all about the creative ways to kill. It's great.
Borderlands - I talk about this game way too much
Oblivion - Another great Bethesda RPG
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita + Uncharted = the best Vita game to date
Thrillville - I'm all about theme park sims, and this one is tons of fun.
What’s that saying? Don’t pick a fight with a man with nothing left to lose? I’m going to show you just how much you have left to lose.

Where the hell is -- I had a violin somewhere, I was gonna play it all sarcastically --goddammit, I saw it like a day ago. Blake! Violin!

You are a bandit AND I AM THE GODDAMN HERO!

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Giral2010 wrote:Viva pinata. Sure, it may be childlike, but it is genuinely fun.

Agreed 100%
My wife bought that game cause it looked cute. The next thing we knew we were spending hours playing it. Some of those animals you could spend days trying to catch!

My wife would aften joke that the premise was perfect for a pokemon game.

three
Keizer

Postby three » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:49 pm

resident evil: 4 gets flack and i've never understood why. it was the first to really branch off of the zombie thing and try something totally new but damn it was the last great RE game (6 was a decent recovery from 5 though, and if only they can do something to recover that magic they had in 4...)

also, civ rev for the xbox360. i've seen it as the "free" game on xbox live and all, and among civ fans it's looked down on for being too combat based and fast, whereas the pc civ games allow for longer, more tactical gameplay, but honestly i don't see why this game is hammered so much. it's a boatload of fun if you have 2 hours and some friends who wanna play, or if you're above king difficulty and know the game well.

fight night games. boxing might not be as popular as it was once but these games are again fun to play over and over -- which is something i look for in my games.

skyrim. it gets put down for not meeting the level of oblivion, but what game could? i challenge anyone to find an RPG aside from morrowind that could compare to oblivion. you might, but you'd be hard - pressed to do it.

halo wars. another good strategy game that gets overlooked often. why? not sure. i found it really fun.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!

Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - skreeonk in space.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Postby Castellan Zilla » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:11 pm

Don't see how Resident Evil, as a whole franchise, is underrated. The original three get fapped to so much it's insane. Personally, I prefer 4, 5, and Revelations. 6 is fun in small doses, but Crapcom dropped the ball with Chris. He should have been axed. The Leon campaign was alright, but the fight with Simmons dragged on for way too long.

GodzillaFan1992
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFan1992 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:29 pm

War of the Monsters (2002) hands down.

Julia Bristow
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Julia Bristow » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:18 am

Julia Bristow wrote:(Note: If there's a thread already on this topic then merge the two)

What games do you personaly find underated?

My list:

Alpha Protocol (Honestly I feel that this game is a pretty fun action RPG and I feel that its actually light years more fun than Mass Effect)
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII (perhaps the most hated FF game I've ever seen because of its straight line design & story)
Clive Barker's Jericho

Update time:

P.N. 03
Duke Nukem Forever
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Return to “Video Game Hub”