Fallout 4

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Re: Fallout 4

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:38 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Breakdown wrote:You fight a Mirelurk King yet?

I found a bunch of them in a swampish area and they perplexed the poop out of me. How the skreeonk do those things procreate with a giant ass crab

And the mirelurk hunters clearly are lobsters.
I'm hoping I can find some lore stash on more about them.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Breakdown » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:46 pm

The normal Mirelurks are mutated Horseshoe Crabs in-universe, but I have no idea what the others are. The King appears to be some sort of amphibian given the webbed feet and tail. The Queen and Hunters look ind of like Isopods or Mantis Shrimp.
Boo-Hoo, I'm leaking lubricant!

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Postby Castellan Zilla » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:59 am

Managed my first successful flirtation with Hancock. Schweet. My character is gay for a ghoul.

"If we can figure out a way to turn you Ghoul, we could do this long term. Something to think about."

Thanks Hancock. Thanks. Maybe if I just get my character to go streaking into the Glowing Sea.

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Just picked this up, along with a few other games on Black Friday. I think I'm looking forward to this and Witcher 3 the most.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Postby Castellan Zilla » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Tell me how Witcher 3 is. Been meaning to pick that up. Though Fallout 4 has consumed my gaming time for the most part. Already started another character and I didn't even finish the main quest with the first character.

Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Breakdown » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:35 pm

So has anyone else noticed how freakishly powerful the Brotherhood NPCs are? Give a Knight a Gatling Laser and there's very, very few things that he won't kill. People have done NPC battles on Youtube, and two Brotherhood Knights where able to take on two Supermutant Behemoths. Two. The only thing they both lost against was a Legendary Mythic Deathclaw and even then they didn't go down easily. These where just Knights, by the way. In the Brotherhood of Steel, a Knight is like a basic soldier. I can only imagine what a Paladin or Sentinel would be like in combat.

It's come to the point where when the Brotherhood asks me to help defend a checkpoint, I can literally sit back and let THE SINGLE KNIGHT IN POWER ARMOR kill 2 Deathclaws or high level Yao Guai by himself.

To drive home the point:

Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent

Postby Dino-Mario » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Wow, Yao Guai sure got a lot scarier now.
Image Image

Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Breakdown » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:17 pm

So....what was the craziest NPC battle you guys have come across so far? Mine was on my other character where an utter massacre between the Brotherhood of Steel, Raiders, Supermutants and insects took place. Initially it was BoS vs Supermutants before a band of raiders showed up. Them, the BoS and Supermutants exchanged fire briefly before a Supermutant Suicider charged headlong into the band of Raiders and blew himself up. I have never seen so many body parts fly on screen at once.

The BoS lost one unarmored guy before a few Bloodbugs showed up and got promptly smeared across the pavement before the Brotherhood finished off the Supermutants. They all took a heavy beating though, their Power Armor was almost completely destroyed save for the torso and helmet.

Birdman
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Birdman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:50 am

Guys, I think my copy of the game is haunted.

This robot called a Professor Goodfeels keeps showing up in random places inside of buildings, asking if he can help me. It's kinda scaring the skreeonk out of me.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Got this game for Christmas. It's pretty fun, though I'm REALLY bad at it! The ghouls toke me of guard. I was expecting them to be slow lumbering zombies, not mini sonic speeds Hulks.

Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Breakdown » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:47 pm

You're in for a world of hurt if Ghouls are giving you trouble, lol.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Postby Castellan Zilla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:05 am

Young Guy wrote:Got this game for Christmas. It's pretty fun, though I'm REALLY bad at it! The ghouls toke me of guard. I was expecting them to be slow lumbering zombies, not mini sonic speeds Hulks.

Go to the Salem Witch Museum. There's a special weapon there that will help you with fighting Ghouls.

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Castellan Zilla wrote:Managed my first successful flirtation with Hancock. Schweet. My character is gay for a ghoul.

"If we can figure out a way to turn you Ghoul, we could do this long term. Something to think about."

Thanks Hancock. Thanks. Maybe if I just get my character to go streaking into the Glowing Sea.

So how is your ghoulmance coming along? :lol:

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Postby Castellan Zilla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm literally swimming in drugs thanks to Hancock. I'm not kidding. I have a container in my home where I put all the drugs he gives me...I should really start selling them and making some money.

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Castellan Zilla wrote:I'm literally swimming in drugs thanks to Hancock. I'm not kidding. I have a container in my home where I put all the drugs he gives me...I should really start selling them and making some money.

Damn, now I might have to make my character romance Hancock. :lol:

Birdman
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Birdman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 am

I have made poor choices and I am consumed with guilt.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:50 am

Birdman wrote:I have made poor choices and I am consumed with guilt.

Oh well, you'll live with it or restart character. :lol:

I've restarted character a few times so far because I made poor choices earlier in game.

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:34 am

Here's what you do you abandon all emotions, compassion and empathy, buy every weapon you can get use every last cent get in your Power Armor and than go on a mass murderous rampage and kill everyone. kill everyone in Sanctuary (Bonus points if you kill that physic old lady with a Fat Boy), kill everyone in the towns you own and for the ones you don't kill everyone there as well and than go kill everybody in that big city (who's name I have forgotten). bottom line, kill every friendly NPC in the game and than as your mind tries to cope with the horrifying images and guilt of former friends having their limbs blown off by you. click exit and than start up a new game and make a new character and than finito everything is right with the world.
Godzilla

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm

g2vd wrote:

Here's what you do you abandon all emotions, compassion and empathy, buy every weapon you can get use every last cent get in your Power Armor and than go on a mass murderous rampage and kill everyone. kill everyone in Sanctuary (Bonus points if you kill that physic old lady with a Fat Boy), kill everyone in the towns you own and for the ones you don't kill everyone there as well and than go kill everybody in that big city (who's name I have forgotten). bottom line, kill every friendly NPC in the game and than as your mind tries to cope with the horrifying images and guilt of former friends having their limbs blown off by you. click exit and than start up a new game and make a new character and than finito everything is right with the world.

This is very disturbing, but also so much fun to do. :lol:

Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Breakdown » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Preston Garvey's last words would be "A settlement...needs..your...help....."

Return to “Video Game Hub”