Star Wars battlefront

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Star Wars battlefront

Postby Grievous » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:09 am

:thumbsup:
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 am

"I've been looking forward to this."

So Darth Tyrannus/Count Dooku is officially here. Somehow, DICE managed to make the worst of the three prequel villains and make him really unique and fun to play. Can't wait for Anakin, the new large-scale game mode and the new Clone skins in February. Although I seriously hope that they can fix the problems with lightsaber combat and Heroes vs Villains' annoying target system soon. Thoughts anyone?
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:06 pm

Gojirawars 03 wrote:"I've been looking forward to this."

So Darth Tyrannus/Count Dooku is officially here. Somehow, DICE managed to make the worst of the three prequel villains and make him really unique and fun to play. Can't wait for Anakin, the new large-scale game mode and the new Clone skins in February. Although I seriously hope that they can fix the problems with lightsaber combat and Heroes vs Villains' annoying target system soon. Thoughts anyone?

I have a couple of criticisms since I used to play the game often and now it feels like they're fixing all the wrong things. I feel like they've been tarnishing Heroes vs Villains with every update. They're nerfing lightsaber characters and giving gun characters a massive boost. Makes no sense why a lightsaber should be hitting like a baseball bat while guns shoot like their actual laser counterparts. Yoda is an assist character which makes no sense for a Jedi Master in his prime incarnation. They still haven't fixed Vaders force choke card since base. The 35k per new skin or character is ridiculous since not everyone plays those Team Death games due to even that being unstable. It's a beautifully bad game. Obi Wan and Anakin being afterthoughts is ludicrous. They're the most notable duo of the franchise. How did Finn make it before Obi Wan Kenobi?? Then there was the painfully long period of time where it was only Rey, Luke and Yoda as the saber heroes.
Sith Apprentice.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 pm

HvV needs a huge rework. Namely the spawns and the target system. I can't tell you how many times I and others have been made the target while in combat and end up dying and costing the team a point. It happens without warning sometimes. It shouldn't make you the target if you're in combat or near enemies.

The spawns are a huge issue and is linked with the target system. In the time it takes for you to spawn on the other end of the map and make it to your target, the target dies. Alternatively if you become the target and all your teammates are respawning, you're screwed because the enemy team is going to be right on top of yoh. Something like the spawn system in Galactic Assault would be nice.

Also people who play as Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker and just run away all the time while they're the target ate super annoying, and the playerbase has repeatedly brought this up as an issue. Granted there are ways to stop Boba Fett ftom escaping, like an airburst detonite charge from Han Solo or a charged bowcaster from Chewbacca, you can't do the same with Luke. All he does is force push you away then run. Block spamming is annoying too, but thankfully thats being addressed in the next update.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm

So who here's tried out Anakin? I'm still trying to get a hang of how he plays with the rare ocassions he's not taken. Going up against him is skreeonking terrifying though. Before they nerfed him just the other day, his Heroic Might ability could instant-kill multiple heroes at full health, including a Darth Vader with a maxed out health card.

Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:13 am

Breakdown wrote:So who here's tried out Anakin? I'm still trying to get a hang of how he plays with the rare ocassions he's not taken. Going up against him is skreeonking terrifying though. Before they nerfed him just the other day, his Heroic Might ability could instant-kill multiple heroes at full health, including a Darth Vader with a maxed out health card.

Yeah, he's insane. Was able to get him to like rank 10 so far, I think, and I can dominate a game of HvV with ease. At least he doesnt have much stamina. There are people saying that Phasma is the way to go in order to beat him. I hope not, because Phasma players piss me off. They just sit next to that droid and shoot you. You get too close, you're stunned, then dead. But at least Anakin has a pull.
-Dr. Asimov

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:37 pm

Gojirawars 03 wrote:
Breakdown wrote:So who here's tried out Anakin? I'm still trying to get a hang of how he plays with the rare ocassions he's not taken. Going up against him is skreeonking terrifying though. Before they nerfed him just the other day, his Heroic Might ability could instant-kill multiple heroes at full health, including a Darth Vader with a maxed out health card.

Yeah, he's insane. Was able to get him to like rank 10 so far, I think, and I can dominate a game of HvV with ease. At least he doesnt have much stamina. There are people saying that Phasma is the way to go in order to beat him. I hope not, because Phasma players piss me off. They just sit next to that droid and shoot you. You get too close, you're stunned, then dead. But at least Anakin has a pull.

Everything takes the right strategy, a good Grevious can beat Anakin.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 pm

^ Anakin has a LOT of ways to mess up Grievous though. His Passionate Strike is juat brutal. Just force pull Grievous towards you which ragdolls him, then as soon as he tries getting up use Passionate Strike to break his block and knock him down again then just start swinging away.

Also, can confirm Bossk is terrible against Anakin. Everything you do fills his rage meter and allows him to use that Retribution ability.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:31 pm

Breakdown wrote:^ Anakin has a LOT of ways to mess up Grievous though. His Passionate Strike is juat brutal. Just force pull Grievous towards you which ragdolls him, then as soon as he tries getting up use Passionate Strike to break his block and knock him down again then just start swinging away.

Also, can confirm Bossk is terrible against Anakin. Everything you do fills his rage meter and allows him to use that Retribution ability.

Anakin can mess up any villian dont get me wrong it's just he's not as invincible as people say.

Shadow Area 1-0

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:56 am

miguelnuva wrote:
Breakdown wrote:^ Anakin has a LOT of ways to mess up Grievous though. His Passionate Strike is juat brutal. Just force pull Grievous towards you which ragdolls him, then as soon as he tries getting up use Passionate Strike to break his block and knock him down again then just start swinging away.

Anakin can mess up any villian dont get me wrong it's just he's not as invincible as people say.

Oh absolutely. I've been able to 1v1 an Anakin as Grievous several times, but it's very risky. You only really have to watch out for Passionate Strike and Retribution, which will destroy anyone who's unprepared or gets caught in a combo. I feel bad for Boba Fett players, Anakin just pulls them out of the sky and carves them up like a thanksgiving turkey. It was even worse when Pre-patch Anakin could do enough damage with Retribution to kill him several times over.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Breakdown wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

Oh absolutely. I've been able to 1v1 an Anakin as Grievous several times, but it's very risky. You only really have to watch out for Passionate Strike and Retribution, which will destroy anyone who's unprepared or gets caught in a combo. I feel bad for Boba Fett players, Anakin just pulls them out of the sky and carves them up like a thanksgiving turkey. It was even worse when Pre-patch Anakin could do enough damage with Retribution to kill him several times over.

Nothing brought more join to me then someone being able to finally stop the running Bobas I won't lie.

I didnt kne Retribution was so strong at first though I think it did need a nerf after finding out it was one shot.

Shadow Area 1-0

Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:32 am

miguelnuva wrote:
Breakdown wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

Nothing brought more join to me then someone being able to finally stop the running Bobas I won't lie.

I didnt kne Retribution was so strong at first though I think it did need a nerf after finding out it was one shot.

Just having a hero with a force pull is a blessing. We have enough heroes with pushes, and they don't help much when dealing with runner targets in HvV. Anakin's pull is so underrated, because now no runners are safe, not even Boba abusers!
-Dr. Asimov

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Gojirawars 03 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Breakdown wrote:Oh absolutely. I've been able to 1v1 an Anakin as Grievous several times, but it's very risky. You only really have to watch out for Passionate Strike and Retribution, which will destroy anyone who's unprepared or gets caught in a combo. I feel bad for Boba Fett players, Anakin just pulls them out of the sky and carves them up like a thanksgiving turkey. It was even worse when Pre-patch Anakin could do enough damage with Retribution to kill him several times over.

Just having a hero with a force pull is a blessing. We have enough heroes with pushes, and they don't help much when dealing with runner targets in HvV. Anakin's pull is so underrated, because now no runners are safe, not even Boba abusers!

Basically anyone who can't block is at Anakin's mercy. You can still use Boba to great effect, but you need to be a lot more careful with your engagements. One pull and passionate strike is all it takes to make Boba's mediocre 500 HP vanish. That kind of goes for anyone tbh, if Anakin gets you in a "pull, passionate strike, base attack" combo, you're dead unless you can react fast enough and block as soon as you get back up. Darth Vader with Focused Rage should be relatively okay if he gets caught though, but that's because Vader is designed to be a tank.

Also it's been 2 months and people STILL haven't learned NOT to hit Anakin when he's charging Heroic Might. I've been killed via collateral damage so many times from a Heroic Might from halfway across the map because one of my teammates thinks Anakin standing still = free kill. I've seen an entire team of villains get wiped because they ALL dogpiled Anakin while he was charging that ability.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Video Game Hub”