Star Wars battlefront

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Breakdown
Kwaidan

Re: Star Wars battlefront

Postby Breakdown » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Giratina93 wrote:well, we're getting the two big names from The Clone Wars on both sides: Grievous, Dooku, Obi Wan and Anakin. And the planet Geonosis.

So stuff that should have been in the base game but wasn't, because EA.

Along with more Clone Wars content from what I gather. New weapons pleeeeeeeeeeease.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:24 am

I played this game (the newest one) for about two weekends when it came out, but haven’t been back since. Is it worth going back? What’s changed exactly?
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm not good on keeping exact notes of changes, but they've made it easier to unlock heroes. Micro transactions are in but I've been able to unlock ALOT of stuff without paying a single cent in game. I quite like the game.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:38 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:I played this game (the newest one) for about two weekends when it came out, but haven’t been back since. Is it worth going back? What’s changed exactly?

To add on to what cloverfan98 said, the microtransactions are for cosmetics only now (and those cosmetics can be earned with credits earned in the game). The progression system has been completely redone and is now based on skill points that are obtained by leveling up classes/heroes/vehicles through earning XP while playing as them. The Last Jedi season added a Crait map for few modes including Galactic Assault and a D'qar map for Starfighter Assault. Bespin and Jabba's Palace from the previous EA Battlefront have returned for Blast and Hero modes. There was a limited time game mode called Jetpack Cargo but that's inactive right now. Hero Showdown and Ewok Hunt were added as well and are permanent additions. Hero Showdown is a 2v2 hero mode and Ewok Hunt is pretty self explanatory. Content based off Solo: A Star Wars Story is being added next Tuesday along with Extraction mode, which was present in the previous game. Those are the most notable changes, I think.

Hopefully that upcoming non-linear/Conquest-like game mode will be worth the wait. Galactic Assault is just too repetitive.
Long live the King

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:52 am

Man, EA's BF2 is a mess. (It's slightly improved since launch) You can tell they just want to move on.

I tried playing it the other day after taking a couple months off and it just plays awkwardly.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Haven’t played since a little bit after launch basically. :lol: The stink around it and the bad taste of TLJ just kinda got me all down about Star Wars in general.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm

So apparently the latest patch made Palpatine so stupidly overpowered that they just removed him from the game entirely. :/

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Breakdown wrote:So apparently the latest patch made Palpatine so stupidly overpowered that they just removed him from the game entirely. :/

Wait, what?
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:08 am

Maritonic wrote:
Breakdown wrote:So apparently the latest patch made Palpatine so stupidly overpowered that they just removed him from the game entirely. :/

Wait, what?

https://youtu.be/ofF689lNUNk

Also apparently Lightsaber heroes are useless now (except for Darth Maul) because they significantly increased stamina drain from blocking. Meaning after blocking 2 hits or so from a blaster or lightsaber you're basically helpless.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:35 am

As much as them removing Palpatine sucks, I DO agree that it's better to remove him than have a God-Mode character running around. Hopefully they can fix him and put him back in.
Resized Image

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Maritonic wrote:As much as them removing Palpatine sucks, I DO agree that it's better to remove him than have a God-Mode character running around. Hopefully they can fix him and put him back in.

They reverted him back to when his dark aura and lightning could hit you through walls, that, combined with the nerfs to stamina made him obscenely overpowered. He could zap you once and drain all of your stamina.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Not sure if anyone really cares anymore at this point but EA's incompetence has led to another shitshow. This time, they posted this image:

Now, first off, both of those clone skins have been in the game's files since launch (and the camo skin has been in the files since the beta). Yet, they're only releasing them now. There's no reason why these skins couldn't have released back in April when they added the rest of the customization to the game. Worse, they're spreading out the releases of the skins. Skins that they've had done since launch (there's about 7-8 of them, this is only two). As if that wasn't bad enough, both skins are extremely inaccurate. The camo skin should look like a scout trooper with camo, not regular phase II clone armor. The 327th skin looks fine... except that those are the wrong markings. Instead of using the standard 327th legion markings, they took the markings of Commander Bly. They're also missing their pauldrons and kamas. So get ready to see teams full of Commander Blys!

Anyway, that's not the worst of it all. Shortly after the image was released, fans noticed a new unit in the background of the screenshot:

That's a Droideka, which is something fans have been asking for since pre-launch. DICE's response?

heads up, it's not a Droideka, thanks for checking in

So naturally, the community is both confused and pissed off as DICE keeps on insisting that this was, in fact, not a Droideka. Was it a joke or what? Well, two days later, they came out with this reponse:

Spoiler:
Just wanted to drop a few lines to clear some things up regarding the screenshot that was released and has dominated the discussion this week.

When we first started to see mentions of Droideka the instant answer from us was “no”, which at the time we believed to be 100% correct.

This is because we currently have no active plans for a Droideka, nor do we have any assets within our active development version of the game. While we saw the similarities, we believed it could have been a crashed speeder or environmental clutter.

This is why we came out and said that it wasn’t. We wanted to react quick, and to communicate but more importantly, we didn't want you to think something was coming that wasn't. This is why we confirmed that it wasn't one.

Because we have the ability to reload the scene (think of it like opening a save point in a level) a screenshot was created in, we did some additional investigation. It was during this investigation that we found an old, unused and partially built asset of a Droideka. The asset itself is nothing more than a static model. It has zero integration into the game, meaning it is currently missing, rigging, animation, VFX, audio, abilities, UI and more.

While the screenshot was created recently, it was done so on a version of the game that contained some unused assets. Moving forward we will be taking steps to ensure this does not happen again.

During development multiple assets and ideas are explored and while some do make it into the final game, others do not.

Brilliant developers, huh? Somehow, they managed to accidentally put a scrapped character that everybody wants to play as in the background of a promotional screenshot for their latest update and then tried to lie to the community and claim that we were just seeing things. They ended up generating so much false hope and hype from the fans so naturally there's been a huge outrage over at /r/StarWarsBattlefront. Everyone's just pissed off at their incompetence and even the "Game Changers" (Youtubers that are basically paid to promote the game) are calling them out for this poop. This game is just an ongoing train wreck.

Honestly, I'm really only following this game anymore just because it's so amusing to see how badly EA's been handling this game post-launch. This whole Droideka debacle is simply too hilarious.
Long live the King

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:23 am

I'm still interested. Morbidly, facepalmingly interested.

Yku see what you've done, Battlefront? You've generated the word 'facepalmingly'! I hope you're proud of yourself!!! :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:39 am

Reminds me of the whole Gun Media dumpster fire with Friday the 13th: The Game. They recently released a preview for an "Ultimate Edition" featuring game play that will never be accessible. And if you've followed the rest of the train wreck, you'd know this is icing on a poop cake.
Resized Image

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:59 am

The roadmap update got leaked. It was posted briefly to the French version of the official website before it was taken down. Needless to say, it's just as pathetic as you'd expect.

Geonosis's release date got bumped up to Fall and will be releasing in November. The downside to this? They're delaying the Conquest-esque game mode until Winter. So instead of getting something new and potentially fun to play in Fall as they originally outlined in the first roadmap, now we get another linear Galactic Assault map that'll get old in a few hours like the rest of the maps. Wonderful. :roll:

As expected, all of the clone skins will just be the same poop that was already in the game's files since launch. 91st and the 104th (both of which have inaccurate markings) are being released next month. Grievous will be released in October. Obi-Wan and Geonosis will be released in November, along with the 212th legion (which also has inaccurate markings). Dooku, Anakin, the non-linear mode, and "much more" (lol) are coming in the very specific time frame called Winter. The Shock Troopers will be released in Winter as well. "And as if that were not enough" (their words, not mine), the 501st legion (with inaccurate markings, of course) will be released alongside Anakin. Oh, and skins for all four heroes will be available, though the roadmap does not specify whether or not those skins will be released alongside the heroes or in Winter.

EA has stated that they feel "comfortable with what [they've] provided for live services" so if you're looking forward to the upcoming Battlefield V, just keep in mind what EA's definition of "live service" is and think about how that might affect the game. Or maybe EA/DICE will treat their own franchise better than Star Wars? Who knows. :)

EDIT: Dooku, Anakin, and the non-linear mode appear to be releasing in 2019. Beautiful.
Last edited by The Godzilla King on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long live the King

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Skreeonking damn this game is crap. Really glad I gave up on it. It's depressing to think of all the potential these EA games could've had if they were actual good developers.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Jesus EA has absolutely destroyed this game. Why do people even care or still play it? I can't imagine Disney is happy about the situation

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:18 am

So has anyone had fun with Geonosis/ Obi Wan? Geonosis is probably my favorite map so far. Grievous is monsterous in HvV, he hits like a truck and can regenerate a ton of health. With the nerfs to Chewbacca, HvV is actually pretty balanced. Lando is a bit OP with his stun and Kylo's Frenzy is a bit broken but other than that it's fine.

Honestly this game's improved A LOT in the span of a few months.

ROMG4
Interpol Agent

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:49 am

On PC this game in every way is a complete mess

Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 am

Breakdown wrote:So has anyone had fun with Geonosis/ Obi Wan? Geonosis is probably my favorite map so far. Grievous is monsterous in HvV, he hits like a truck and can regenerate a ton of health. With the nerfs to Chewbacca, HvV is actually pretty balanced. Lando is a bit OP with his stun and Kylo's Frenzy is a bit broken but other than that it's fine.

Honestly this game's improved A LOT in the span of a few months.

Couldn't agree more. I'm having so much fun with Grievous and Obi-Wan. Only annoying thing left in HvV is Lando's Stun. I see way too many people abusing it.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

Return to “Video Game Hub”