Bungie's Destiny Game (For 360, PS3, and Next-Gen Consoles)

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Bungie's Destiny Game (For 360, PS3, and Next-Gen Consoles)

Postby MysticalDL » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Derzerb wrote:
MysticalDL wrote:I unfortunately currently only have PS3, but plan on getting XB1 & PS4 before year is finished.

You can get The Taken King edition on Amazon for about 30 bucks. That nabs you all of the current DLC.

You're gonna need a PS4/Xbone because the next DLC (Rise of Iron) won't be coming to PS3/360. Plus, they're bringing back Gally. That's the only reason anybody needs to buy Rise of Iron.

PS4 gets exclusive stuff that Xbox owners have to wait a year for. On the other hand, most TKers that play this game are on Xbox as far as I know. Me and Missingno are Xboners (dohoho). Breakdown and Vats are on the 360, I think (if either of you guys aren't, let me know and I'll add ya). Speaking of exclusivity, looking forward to getting Zen Meteor.

Well considering that XB1 & PS4 are investing heavily into cross platform gaming, it won't before long matter about who's on what console.

I've never had an affinity one way or another towards PS & XB. I used to own a 360 until it red ringed 3 months ago.

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:47 am

I got the Fallen King DLC yesterday, and I'm loving it. I'm currently a level 29 Gunslinger BH. I'm liking Gunslinger subclass more than Blade Dancer(?), as it fits my play style better.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:59 am

MysticalDL wrote:I got the Fallen King DLC yesterday, and I'm loving it. I'm currently a level 29 Gunslinger BH. I'm liking Gunslinger subclass more than Blade Dancer(?), as it fits my play style better.

I typically use the Gunslinger subclass only in Crucible. Otherwise, I use Bladedancer because invisibility.

If you just got The Taken King, there is much to do, lemme tell ya...
TK's resident other 80's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.

LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

Resized ImageResized ImageResized Image

The 80's----The weather!

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:11 am

Missingno. wrote:
MysticalDL wrote:I got the Fallen King DLC yesterday, and I'm loving it. I'm currently a level 29 Gunslinger BH. I'm liking Gunslinger subclass more than Blade Dancer(?), as it fits my play style better.

I typically use the Gunslinger subclass only in Crucible. Otherwise, I use Bladedancer because invisibility.

If you just got The Taken King, there is much to do, lemme tell ya...

Well I've beaten the Crota quest, Black Garden Quest, and done a ton of crucible 3v3. I played in around 12 crucible pvp's with friends, in which we won 8. I ended up in all but 2 matches having the best K/D ratio out of everyone, which was a shocker since I normally suck at all PVPs. Had 3 rounds where I went 11-1 or better, in which I hazed my friend Tony about. Cause normally he is extremely good in PVPs, but he was sucking badly in crucible pvp's. :lol:

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:22 am

This was my best K/D ratio in Crucible yet:

Resized Image

I'm at the top. When people activate my 'tryhard mode', I can become quite a devastating force in PvP, as seen in the image. Of course, I got nothing despite that rampage... I went as far as to get a 10-kill streak in that same match, too.
TK's resident other 80's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.

LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

The 80's----The weather!

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:35 am

Missingno. wrote:This was my best K/D ratio in Crucible yet:

Resized Image

I'm at the top. When people activate my 'tryhard mode', I can become quite a devastating force in PvP, as seen in the image. Of course, I got nothing despite that rampage... I went as far as to get a 10-kill streak in that same match, too.

That's a hell of a good K/D ratio.

I'm gonna start doing 6v6 crucible pvp's later today, as I found crucible pvp to be really fun. I remember getting half of my 11 kills one match against the same person, cause he kept running into my tripwire grenade.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:52 pm

So after August 2016, Trials and IB won't be available to 360/PS3 users due to Rise of Iron. You won't be available to buy anymore Emotes (you can still get them from Nightfalls). In addition, Xur is being affected too:
-Individual Exotic Weapons and Armor pieces will no longer be sold by Xûr.
-Encrypted Exotic Engrams will be sold. These will decrypt into Year 2 Exotics.
-Encrypted Legacy Engrams will continue to be sold. These will decrypt into Year 1 Exotics.
-Heavy Ammo Synthesis, Three of Coins, Vehicle Upgrades, Motes of Light, and Glass Needles will continue to be sold.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.

<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Derzerb wrote:So after August 2016, Trials and IB won't be available to 360/PS3 users due to Rise of Iron. You won't be available to buy anymore Emotes (you can still get them from Nightfalls).

Doesn't affect me. We both have Xbone, so they've got my money. We're good there.

Derzerb wrote:In addition, Xur is being affected too:
-Individual Exotic Weapons and Armor pieces will no longer be sold by Xûr.
-Encrypted Exotic Engrams will be sold. These will decrypt into Year 2 Exotics.
-Encrypted Legacy Engrams will continue to be sold. These will decrypt into Year 1 Exotics.
-Heavy Ammo Synthesis, Three of Coins, Vehicle Upgrades, Motes of Light, and Glass Needles will continue to be sold.

skreeonking really? How stupid. Great, now there will be uncertainty as to whether or not I can save my strange coins, since they got rid of the original nightfall mechanics... Ah well, at least I'll get more exotic shards as a result of it.

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

The 80's----The weather!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Missingno. wrote:skreeonking really? How stupid. Great, now there will be uncertainty as to whether or not I can save my strange coins, since they got rid of the original nightfall mechanics... Ah well, at least I'll get more exotic shards as a result of it.

That's only for 360/PS3 users, Xur is still the same for us.

However, we (Xbone/PS4 users) will still have to do an Account Import when we first log in. That shouldn't take too long though.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=44810

<3

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:44 am

You know, just for fun, use Vex Mythoclast in the Vanguard Heroic Strikes this week. The modifiers give it a sense of what it should be.

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

The 80's----The weather!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:44 pm

So a lot of Rise of Iron stuff revealed in GameInformer.

>Sidearm based on Robocop's gun

My dick is hard like a rock right now.

Taken from the Destiny Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... egathread/

Max level of 385 - then 400 for HM Raid (Wrath of the Machine)
Sept. 23 raid launch date
8 new class-agnostic artifacts that allow for special buffs to characters
Memory of Radeghast: adds a new ability for sword heavy weapons to reflect projectiles, including ogre blasts and crucible rockets.
Memory of Perun: adds ability to highlight guardians with full super in yellow, and guardians with low health in red.
Memory of Jolder: removes sprint cooldown
Memory of Silmar: dramatically reduces any damage dealt by DoT effects (such as Thorn poison).
Memory of Felwinter: lose your super, but gain an extra grenade and melee, and boost to all stats.
Memory of Gheleon: gain detailed radar at all times, including when aiming a primary (grants precision radar and third eye).
Memory of Skorri: speeds super recharge for all nearby allies.
Memory of Timur: Melee an enemy for a chance to make them an ally for a short time.
Adding more cosmetic adjustments for armor AND weapons
The Iron Lord armor set will come from a Rise of Iron Record Book
IB reinvented, 4 new maps. No more tempered, less rep needed overall. No more rep bonuses from gear.
Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments. Radiant Treasures seem to be the new version of Sterling Treasure. Obtainable on a weekly basis for completing goals and then also through Eververse.
Bungie HINTS AT CUSTOM MATCHES, aka the feature "Our community has been clammoring for."
New Faction (NM, FWC, DO) armor sets, sparrows, ghost shells.
Thorn is getting a quest to obtain it, just like Gjallarhorn.
The Kvostov 7G-0X is a new exotic auto rifle with a fire mode selector. It can basically be a scout, pulse, Suros Regime, or bullet hose. Also acquired from a quest.
Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist .
Festival of Light returning in October
SRL Back in December
SRL/MoT type book to track progress of ROI
New Cruicible mode - "Supremacy" - kill enemies to make them drop a crest. Your team only scores if someone (you or a teammate) picks up that crest. Enemy team members can also pick up the crest to deny your score, but they won’t gain any points themselves.
"Archon's Forge" - basically new Court of Oryx. They have adjusted the summoned encounters to last longer --"around five minutes" and the drops used to summon the various possible difficulties come from Patrol. via /u/YendysWv
PS Exlusive Map - Finally, this year’s PlayStation exclusive map is Icarus, a solar-collection site on Mercury. The arena is the raised structure at the center of the much larger crater-like array. Its circular shape inevitably funnels into furious conflagrations at the center.
When Speaking on Exotics, "These Include the long- awaited arrival of Warlock exotic boots (finally!), a new sidearm reminiscent of the classic RoboCop gun, and a SIVA-themed pulse rifle that blossoms out a cloud of seeking energy for a successful precision kill."
every class item that has ever shown up in Destiny is returning to circulation with the exception of items from previous raids
Class Items can change color via shader
All Year Two weapons and armor can be infused to Rise Of Iron stats
There are quest lines after the main story missions leading up to the new strikes
Skeleton Keys are rewards from completing strikes whether it be a nightfall, playlist or just chosen from the director and Strike Hoard chests are chest that appear at the end of any strike where you can use the Skeleton key to get a guaranteed piece of strike specific loot.

<3

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:00 pm

>buys pre-order for Rise of Iron about 2 weeks ago, which highlights promises of a Iron Gjallarwing and Iron Gjallarhorn
>Rise of Iron comes out today, waits through an agonizingly long day to play it
>gets home, and logs into Destiny immediately
>goes to tower orders to get the Iron Gjallarhorn...
> shows up in the postmaster's inventory, moves the cursor over it only for...
"REQUIRES YEAR 3 GJALLARHORN"
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Seriously? I pre-ordered the expansion for a promised item that will be provided at launch, but I'm not informed until after it comes out that I have to get the basic weapon first, which almost makes the pre-order version useless? Granted, I technically have the item it promised, but I can't use it immediately, which really gets on my nerves.

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

The 80's----The weather!

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Would anybody here recommend this game?
Godzilla

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:10 pm

g2vd wrote:Would anybody here recommend this game?

Overall? Definitely. But be aware that it is a fairly long and involved process to play out all of the currently availible content, matchmaking systems are iffy, and there's a lot of grinding.

Giratina93

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:20 pm

I'd say wait for a price drop, or a compilation release with all the DLC thrown in. Paying 100$ or more for everything is... not what I'd call a good investment. Waiting for the overall cost to get to $60 or less is what I'd recommend.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Postby Hellblaze » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Vatarian wrote:
g2vd wrote:Would anybody here recommend this game?

Overall? Definitely. But be aware that it is a fairly long and involved process to play out all of the currently availible content, matchmaking systems are iffy, and there's a lot of grinding.

Yes it is grinding alot in the game for this to level up your character, play through the story, gather a raid team to beat the raid, keeping the weapons you want to go for, etc. If you want the game you should look on ebay for good prices on them for preowned if you want the DLC you should get them preowned on ebay don't get one new because they'll be expensive compare prices everywhere. I've been playing this game since Y1 and the grind on it takes a while since you're new you won't get everything in the game like Y1 weapons and gear like the IB weapons and gear you'll never get those back. If you are low on money avoid microtransactions like Eververse station unless you want one or two items that's it. Pretty much that is about money. You can get them for free like Radiant and Sterling treasures in the game every Tues reset. If you don't wanna grind or anything and not wanna spend money, find a different game. The game is great, but the grinding is a long process.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:46 am

Giratina93 wrote:I'd say wait for a price drop, or a compilation release with all the DLC thrown in. Paying 100$ or more for everything is... not what I'd call a good investment. Waiting for the overall cost to get to $60 or less is what I'd recommend.

I know old post is old but there's already a collection for 60 bucks for includes all of the DLCs (for both Xbone and PS4): https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Collecti ... ction&th=1

Support is pretty much done for 360 and PS3.

I don't know who all plays Destiny on the PS4 side, but I know me and Missingno play on Xbone occasionally. If you got a One, I can help you level pretty quickly. Good luck trying to get some of the exotics at this point though even with LFG sites. A lot of people have gotten the No Time to Explain quest done so it's gonna be hard trying to assemble a raid group to do the Vault of Glass raid. It's a shame though because VoG was a great raid, maybe not in the beginning due to that Praetorian that would always respawn on Venus side during the Atheon fight. >.> I got a feeling that the Outbreak Prime quest will end up like NTTE as well. Matchmaking for PVP sucks and wouldn't be so bad if they'd just have dedicated servers for PVP. Speaking of PVP, I wouldn't recommend using LFG sites for Trials of Osiris. People keep putting out ridiculous requirements like 2.0 k/d and gone flawless 40 times. Your best luck for that is have enough friends decent enough to try it with you or find a clan on Bungie's site that can help you.

<3

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Ayyyooooo. I'm Savathun and I play on the One.

Add me, Fuckos

Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Breakdown » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:10 pm

I play on PS4 and I've been looking to do a raid, it's just that I can never find enough people.
Boo-Hoo, I'm leaking lubricant!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:16 am

Vatarian wrote:Ayyyooooo. I'm Savathun and I play on the One.

Add me, Fuckos

Alright, I added you. Not sure how often I'll be on since my sleep has been skreeonked up for a few weeks now.

Breakdown wrote:I play on PS4 and I've been looking to do a raid, it's just that I can never find enough people.

How are you trying to assemble a raid group? It's usually best to do LFG sites or find a clan on Bungie's website. I know need to find a clan to help me with Trials since most LFG sites put absurd requirements.

<3

Return to “Video Game Hub”