Bungie's Destiny Game (For 360, PS3, and Next-Gen Consoles)

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Breakdown
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Bungie's Destiny Game (For 360, PS3, and Next-Gen Consol

Postby Breakdown » Wed May 20, 2015 7:59 am

^ I'm gonna need some help with the weekly heroic strike. The Archon priest himself isn't that big of a threat as long as you keep your distance from him, it's the back-up he's got that's a problem.
Boo-Hoo, I'm leaking lubricant!

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Fri May 22, 2015 9:13 am

I have some new armor and a shotgun that two-hit kills Fallen captains and the like at close range. That coupled with the royal side-arm should make a hice difference.

If you have "House of Wolves", I highly suggest speeding through it and grinding Prison of Elders. It's super fun, varies each time, and has a high loot-yield.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Trailer for The Taken King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFh5ArG46_M

Looking forward to playing the new subclasses and some of the new armor looks pretty sweet. :D I like it that the story is building upon The Dark Below's plot. Oryx is pissed at us for killing Crota and raises an army to wipe us out in retaliation. Speaking of Oryx, he looks badass. I suspect that the narrator is Toland, the guy that knew more about the Hive than anybody and created Bad Juju.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.

<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Derzerb wrote:Trailer for The Taken King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFh5ArG46_M

Looking forward to playing the new subclasses and some of the new armor looks pretty sweet. :D I like it that the story is building upon The Dark Below's plot. Oryx is pissed at us for killing Crota and raises an army to wipe us out in retaliation. Speaking of Oryx, he looks badass. I suspect that the narrator is Toland, the guy that knew more about the Hive than anybody and created Bad Juju.

Shiiiiit. My body is skreeonking ready. I will gladly fork over 40$ for this if the content is as cool as the trailer.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 pm

Bumping for TTK.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Bump again. PVE element of the game is now super cool, as are the PVP maps and concepts. Unfortunately, the PVP experience itself has kinda degraded following Bungie's nerfing of everything but pulse-rifles and snipers.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Bungie's Destiny Game (For 360, PS3, and Next-Gen Consoles)

Postby Vatarian » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:55 pm

I'm bumping it again, because I love this game and I'm glad to see more content.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Bumping this thread because Rise of Iron:

Peg Leg Dregs, some smexy new armor and guns, new raid, new strikes plus updated versions of old ones (If Devil's Lair isn't one of them then I'll be shocked), that flaming axe "relic", and Gally is back. Definitely preordering, but I'm gonna wait to see if they're doing a collector's edition or something.

<3

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Can you believe it? It's been almost two years since Vault of Glass was released, and I JUST got Vex Mythoclast. I hate the loot system sometimes.
TK's resident other 80's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.

LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

Resized ImageResized ImageResized Image

The 80's----The weather!

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Missingno. wrote:Can you believe it? It's been almost two years since Vault of Glass was released, and I JUST got Vex Mythoclast. I hate the loot system sometimes.

You've summarized the game.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:02 pm

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44841

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44840

More weapon and class changes on the way.

Hawkmoon was fine and didn't need to be changed. I think the nerf towards the high RoF/low damage Auto Rifles was a bit too much but at least it'll get people off the Doctrine's dick. Making Tripmines not able to stick to enemies sucks. :/

Also, looks like Sunsingers just got skreeonked over badly:

Bungie wrote:Sunsinger
As promised, we kept an eye on Warlocks after the previous patch. Sunsingers, while not out performing other classes, are still creating frustrating encounters. Most of these encounters are the result of a combination of build perks and the Firebolt grenade so we adjusted the target search radius and arming time. This means that from the moment the grenade lands players will have a split second longer to get out of the area in which the bolts fire and that area is slightly smaller, so there should be a little more counter play.

Changes:
Firebolt: increased arming time by 0.2 seconds
Firebolt: decreased victim search radius by 1 meter

Viking Funeral
The biggest change to Sunsingers is to the Viking Funeral build perk. This perk will no longer extend the duration of Ignite (damage over time) effects. Instead it now causes those effects to weaken the target to other sources of damage (but not the Ignite itself). This will reduce the frequency and duration of the damage over time effect, but should still allow the Sunsinger interesting build options involving Ignite.

Changes:
Viking Funeral: no longer extends the duration of Ignite effects
Viking Funeral: now weakens targets afflicted with Ignite effects, causing them to take 5% more damage from all sources, stacking up to 3 times.

Flame Shield
We added a minor delay to the activation time of Flame Shield. Ideally this makes it so that there is a window of opportunity (if only very briefly) for people to win melee trades against Warlocks running this upgrade.

<3

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:25 pm

As a disgusting Voidwalker who spams scatter-nades with the glowey manacles, this does not effect me.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Bungie summed up in one word:

NERF!!!
TK's resident other 80's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.

LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

The 80's----The weather!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:01 am

So someone did some digging in the database and apparently discovered what the Year Two triumphs will be:

Challenge of the Elders​: Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard in the Prison of Elders.
The Play's the Thing​: Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in "Regicide".
​The Third Element: Equip a fully leveled Year Two subclass on any character.
​This is Amazing: Complete the Crucible questline culminating in "The Mountaintop."
Eris Morn's Revenge​: Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments
​A Blade Reborn: Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx
​Return to the Reef​: Complete the April quests "At the Gates" and "Return to the Prison"
​The Sword Logic​: Defeat Oryx in the King's Fall Raid on Hard difficulty

No clue what the reward will be (most likely another emblem last time).

<3

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:14 am

Hmmm. Interesting. I have a bit of work to do, then. Two fragments left, and that stupid crucible questline.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:04 pm

Gahh, I hate Crucible quests... I'm struggling just to get 'Shindig in the Crucible' done with right now as it is.

NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum

The 80's----The weather!

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:53 pm

I just bought Destiny recently, and it's really good so far. I'm currently a level 6 Exo Bounty Hunter, and I'm loving it. I don't have the DLC currently, but will get it soon.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Vatarian » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:56 pm

Heh. Level six. You've barely sampled the game. If you need someone to help you through raids or strikes or anything else later in the summer, and are on Xbox, send a friend-request to Savathun.

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Vatarian wrote:Heh. Level six. You've barely sampled the game. If you need someone to help you through raids or strikes or anything else later in the summer, and are on Xbox, send a friend-request to Savathun.

I unfortunately currently only have PS3, but plan on getting XB1 & PS4 before year is finished.

Yeah, I barely scratched the surface of the game. I only played for like 1 1/2 or 2 hours currently.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:17 pm

MysticalDL wrote:I unfortunately currently only have PS3, but plan on getting XB1 & PS4 before year is finished.

You can get The Taken King edition on Amazon for about 30 bucks. That nabs you all of the current DLC.

You're gonna need a PS4/Xbone because the next DLC (Rise of Iron) won't be coming to PS3/360. Plus, they're bringing back Gally. That's the only reason anybody needs to buy Rise of Iron.

PS4 gets exclusive stuff that Xbox owners have to wait a year for. On the other hand, most TKers that play this game are on Xbox as far as I know. Me and Missingno are Xboners (dohoho). Breakdown and Vats are on the 360, I think (if either of you guys aren't, let me know and I'll add ya). Speaking of exclusivity, looking forward to getting Zen Meteor.

<3

Return to “Video Game Hub”