Give a criticism about your favorite game

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Give a criticism about your favorite game

Postby LiquidG » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 am

BrashAlaskan95 wrote:The Offering and Genji Glove combo in Final Fantasy VI is so broken sometimes.
Not that it's a bad thing, but takes the challenge out of it sometimes.

Tell me about it, it does work really well against the demon tower and Kefka though :lol: I remember the first time I played that game it took me four 45 minute tries to actually beat him, I sucked so bad
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Postby LiquidG » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Back on topic, I find the " Inverted Castle " portion of SOTN to be a little hectic to navigate, which was probably the Intended purpose, in concept it would seem easy, just reverse the order of the map, but for me its not that simple, I find my self getting lost a hell of a lot more in this section of the game than the first half, its just a very minor nit pick and dosnt take away the games fun....but it does get a tinny hit annoying every now and then.

DBZ Budakai tenkaiichi series, some of the characters play exactly the same as others, granted the games have up to a hundred characters depending on which one you play so this is understandable I guess

FFVII......I love this game to death, it's tied with VI as my favorite final fantasy game and one of my favorite games of all time......but.....well.....the graphics haven't aged well.....at all. I'm not trying to be a graphics whore but....come on, the game is still enjoyable and the story is great, the maeteria system is absolutely Awesome, but I do have to admit the graphics outside of battle's aren't the best thing in the world.
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:36 am

Godzilla Generations - Uncontrollable Camera Views

Star Wars Battlefront II - The Low Resolution Models weren't that good
Long live the King

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Why is it pretty much required to break every single crate in most of the Crash Bandicoot games in order to have the 100% ending? Why couldn't it just require the crystals to be collected and have the gems be completely optional and not unknowingly required? That's one reason why I like Crash Twinsanity and the Crash of the Titans mini-series, since the crate smashing in Twinsanity was completely optional, and you only needed to reach the end of each level in Titans and not have to break a single crate.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

Godzilla 2000
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Worms.

These games arent really a favorite of mine, but I do enjoy playing them.

The AI. The god damn AI! Worms Revolution, specifically.

There's challenging and then there's unfair. I dont care what anyone says; the AI should not be able to bounce a grenade off 4 surfaces and have it land perfectly at my worms feet just as the timer hits 0. The campaign is way too hard for my liking. I just wanna kick back and enjoy the game, not get pooped on all day just because I'm not some hardcore worms addict.

Monster Zero
EDF Soldier

Postby Monster Zero » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Worms.

These games arent really a favorite of mine, but I do enjoy playing them.

The AI. The god damn AI! Worms Revolution, specifically.

There's challenging and then there's unfair. I dont care what anyone says; the AI should not be able to bounce a grenade off 4 surfaces and have it land perfectly at my worms feet just as the timer hits 0. The campaign is way too hard for my liking. I just wanna kick back and enjoy the game, not get pooped on all day just because I'm not some hardcore worms addict.

I bought Garfield gets Real on the DS for $10. What a waste.
Resized Image
Hey You! Do you like Comics?! Me too! Which is why I Partnered With my Best Friend to Create a Comic that we Love to Make! It's Called "Roomies!"
https://tapas.io/series/RoomiesofGuyCity
Please Check it Out if You're Interested!
Here's a trailer for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqX_DNJbnaw
And here's the official Twitter page! Give us a follow for updates, please!
https://twitter.com/RoomiesComic

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah that's a major complaint I have with Worms as well. It's annoying having AI that are basically broken and can perfectly land every shot.
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.

MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MrGameguycolor » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:51 pm

One of my favorite games on the Game cube is Wario World.
It was a bizarre, but creative game & I always found a special charm to it.

But the biggest problems with game is that it's too easy, a lot of the enemy were re skinned/recolored, & it was very short.
With Only 4 worlds (2 levels & a main boss), it can easily be beaten in 3 hours (4 1/4 hours if your going for a 100%).
It's still a fun game that I find underrated. Just not that much replay value.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster

Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:44 am

While not a favorite game I really, really do like it, but a big problem I have with Godzilla The Game [PS3] is the enemies are too weak allow me to explain as we all know everything you destroy cars, buildings, bridges gives you G-Energy the problem the game has no balancing with this most of the time I rake in the G-Rads getting as big and powerful as I can get and as fast as I can get. the problem is the game doesn't adapt to this it doesn't track you're power level so you can be 80M and fight a 65M Ghidorah or 100M and fight a 70M Biollante and this is on Hard mode, and that's the biggest problem with the game because it doesn't track you're size it quickly leaves you with many, many Final Wars level curbstomp battles and even after you complete the stage where you have to be 100M to pass through it still gives you easy battles such as 80M Hedorah, Bandai should really have fixed that because it leaves the game unbalanced even if you try to progress as slow as possible and this drags the game down for me.
Godzilla

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Halo 4: The Forerunners were basically the Flood. They were always in large groups, and they always would kill me quickly. Also, you can't duel wield.
Halo 2: You can't duel-wield a plasma sword.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

Dogbert
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Dogbert » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:33 am

Criticisms of two of my favorites:
Undertale-too many pointless events, puzzles can be a bit aggravating at times, Mettaton is an ass and Tumblr ruined this game.
Conkers Bad Fur Day-the constant toilet humor gets stale often, the camera is awful and the sunflower just made me uncomfortable.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding vs the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead and did it anyways.

Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:37 am

Final Fantasy 15- Malboros. Enough said.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Postby Komenja » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:13 am

Killing Floor's busted head hitboxes. It doesn't cover the entire head, particularly the top, and actually dips down into the Zed's neck. This is unfortunately most noticeable on Large Zeds; far too often does a crossbow bolt that was supposed to decap a Fleshpound enrage it instead. Right next to your squad.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within's line of sight bugs. Sure, that pod of Muton elites totally saw my assault troop through that wall! I guess the Ethereals injected them with some Krypton DNA and sunlight gives them X-Ray vision now.

Rampage 2: Universal Tour's level structure. While you can choose which order you tackle continents, the order of levels in each is the same on each playthrough. And once the alien invasion kicks in, you've lost all choice in where to go next. While UT was more balanced than WT, WT is less repetitive because you have more control over the route you take. Plus there are secret levels to hunt for.
I was just thinking that the only thing missing right about now was a giant crocodile...
Resized Image

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Halo 5's motion tracker is borderline useless. Unless the enemy is right up in your face they won't show up on it. The fact is that for whatever reason, the radar range was reduced from 25 meters from previous games to a pathetic 18 meters.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:54 pm

I can't pick a favorite game... :(

skreeonk it, lets just go through a list and do this order of release.

Bubble Bobble: Definitely designed for co-op in mind. Fantastic when you have a friend/sibling/parent to play with. Less so single player.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park: skreeonking DIMORPHODONS!

Crash Team Racing: The plot wasn't all that interesting. I mostly just stuck to the arcade and the battles instead of doing the story.

Mechassault: The game can be a bit repetitive. Not an enormous amount of replay value.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: As shallow as it may sound, alas, the graphics have not aged well. The game mechanics can be a little confusing too.

Godzilla: Save the Earth: Spacegodzilla and - for some reason Moguera – were weirdly overpowered. It would have been nice to get that story mode they had been developing as well, and some of the mini-games are a bit dull.

Shadow of the Colossus: Sometimes the climbing controls can be frustrating to deal with. Especially when you're first starting out the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: The absence of some of the best maps of the previous game (Dune Sea, Bespin, Rhen Var) was a little disappointing. Some maps are unbalanced too, especially the "Hunt" game modes.

Peter Jackson's King Kong: It's a bit on the short side, and it could have used a few more Kong missions. (I got a lot of games from 2005 on here :lol: )

Dragon Age: Origins: Rogues aren't as useful as they would become in the later installments. Also archers and their god damn scattershot spamming count as a valid complaint, I think. Stun locks your entire party with no chance of avoiding it. Good lord I hated enemy archers.

Skyrim: The melee combat is very one-dimensional and gets dull fast. Magic is kinda crappy too. Not to mention the griiiiiiiiiiiind.

Shadow of Mordor: The last two bosses, and the climax in general, were rushed as skreeonk. I would have liked something more interesting than a stealth fight and a quicktime event.

Dragon Age: Inquisition: The open world aspect they borrowed from Skyrim hurt the game, I think. It left the plot unfocused. You didn't feel as if the danger was imminent. Not to mention a lot of the side quests and the open world in itself were a bit on the dull side. Also they skimped cutscenes and just had the characters talk with the normal 3rd person camera for 80% of the dialogue. :(

Ark: Survival Evolved: I don't even touch the multiplayer. skreeonk official servers. No five hour tame times for me. I guess a complaints could be made about the grindy nature of the game in general; it's better in multiplayer perhaps, but in single player it takes forever to get anything done. Least you can alter some of the settings.

Edit: Whoops, i forgot Journey.

But I have no criticisms. Journey is perfection! :huge:
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:29 pm

*Cracks knuckles.*

Metroid Prime... The Artifact Hunt.

This is the only REAL issue I have with the game, but my god is it an aggravating one. The rest of the game is perfect, and yet here comes this brick wall in terms of momentum and storyline progress. "What's that, you weren't out hunting for the artifacts before? TOO BAD, TIME TO SCOUR ALL OF THE PLANET TO FIND THEM!" (It doesn't help that more than a few of these are really cryptic, and unless you know what you're doing beforehand, you're gonna be lost) In Prime's defense, however, most of them can be gotten as you progress through the game, leaving only a couple that require backtracking once you beat down the Omega Pirate and get the Phazon Suit, which is far more than I can say for the atrocity that is Prime 2's scavenger hunt. (skreeonk THAT poop)

And a minor nitpick... Magmoor Caverns feels like the one area of the game that got skimped out. There's no bosses there unlike the other sections, and it's more of a tunnel that connects all the places. I would have liked a boss or two to be there, but alas...
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Evolve: Barely any unlock system.

Dying Light: Lack of flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and driving abandoned military vehicles like tanks.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Mass Effect 2 is droll as skreeonk. No one ever changes their tone or pitch of voice. But at least it's the only Mass Effect game where nearly every line of dialogue isn't about stopping Saren or the Reapers.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Bayonetta 2 is on the Wii U.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:15 pm

SA2B- the sumersault action interferes greatly with the Lightspeed Dash, and is a dumb addition to Sonic and Shadow's movesets in general that makes them play slower than they should.

Oracle of Seasons- the golden monster slaying sidequest is extremely in Guide Dang It territory.

Shantae- Early Game Hell.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Return to “Video Game Hub”