Give a criticism about your favorite game

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Steph3dfx
Yin-Yang Master

Re: Give a criticism about your favorite game

Postby Steph3dfx » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Borderlands 2 is at a special price from time to time on STEAm but not the DLCs so far ................ damn
incerdible game BTW well deserve best game of 2012 IMO.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 pm

The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, that is all.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Huan_of_Valinor
Interpol Agent

Postby Huan_of_Valinor » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:54 am

GigaBowserG wrote:Super Smash Bros. Melee - The textures on the stages are really... well, they could've been better.

having played the game competitivly, i actually disagree for the most part.

most of the stage textures have aged quite well, and the character animations and movements are as smooth as ever.

however, the balance is sorta crummy outside of like the top 10 characters, and a lot of the moveset/character design decisions don't make any sense *glares at peach and mewtwo*

still one of the most fun games i've ever played.

the bosses in Twilight Princess are piss easy, even tho the story and gameplay are superb otherwise

the combat in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is repetitive and boring, bringing down what might've been the perfect 3D platformer/adventure.

likewise, the storylines in the sequels were weaker while the gameplay was stronger lol.

imo if Sands of Time had the enhanced combat and platforming that Two Thrones had it would've been perfect, or as close to it as it could've been.

Soul Calibur 2's Guard Impact system is overpowered

i have an overarching critque for the Metroid Prime Trilogy: it ended :(

uhhhhh... well the DKC trilogy has aged pretty gracefully...

Paper Mario: TTYD was... ummmmmmm.... amazing?

that's all i got lol
Godzilla21 wrote:I would love if someone came out with some batshit Reddit Q&A who claimed to see the screening.

"Yes then Rodan falls on Godzilla to sacrifice himself and Godzilla transforms into a new monster called BAGAN."

NSZ wrote:Everyone shut up and go outside. Take a walk around your block. Breathe. Get mugged by a bird. Clear your noggin.

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 am

My favorite game for PC is Sims 3, I love it, but I think the building system could use a overhaul, it's a pain in the ass make basements below foundations, stairs that change direction half way up, putting garages on the bottom level etc.
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.

Huan_of_Valinor
Interpol Agent

Postby Huan_of_Valinor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:Super Smash Bros. Melee - The textures on the stages are really... well, they could've been better.

1.having played the game competitivly, i actually disagree for the most part.

most of the stage textures have aged quite well, and the character animations and movements are as smooth as ever.

however, the balance is sorta crummy outside of like the top 10 characters, and a lot of the moveset/character design decisions don't make any sense *glares at peach and mewtwo*

2.the bosses in Twilight Princess are piss easy, even tho the story and gameplay are superb otherwise

3.i have an overarching critque for the Metroid Prime Trilogy: it ended :(

4Paper Mario: TTYD was... ummmmmmm.... amazing?

1.Considering it's a 10+ year old game of the cube, I agree.

Hey Peach is boss!

2. THIS. I beat Gannondorf with a skreeonk fishing rod.
A FISHING ROD.

3. And left us with Other M in it's wake...

4.Reward for Shadow Queen defeat is anticlimactic.

1: that's just the problem with Peach. she's really good, as opposed to Mewtwo, who should've been the best character in the game.

gonna continue on that thought:

Peach has the most priority in the game, period. via Float-Canceling, she has 4 frames of recovery on landing, which when combined with dsmash, can lead to inescapable shield pressure. she gets out of hitstun the fastest out of any character, tied with zelda. unlike zelda, she has a 3 frame nair, which breaks up combos and will beat out most attacks that aren't disjointed, and trade with attacks that are much more powerful (like the knee). and veggies. lots of veggies. also dsmash. oh and she has one of the best recoveries in the game, and is nearly impossible to force into a poor, gimpable recovery (barring a few situations)

she has trouble with characters that are faster than her and can camp her (Fox) and characters that not only faster but can straight up outspace her (marth) but otherwise she's really solid.

Mewtwo has a hurtbox the size of Bowser, but he's as light and floaty as Peach, he's got really low defense, two bad specials (one of which is almost totally useless), low kill power, a crappy grab range (JIGGLYPUFF'S is better and it barely has ARMS) and he has two giant hurtboxes on his tail, even when he's using it to attack. speaking of which, why is a telekenetic even using it's tail to fight?

now it's not all bad with mewtwo, he's got a good gimp abilities, decent mobilty, an amazing recovery and air control (only Puff's is better), and a few touch of death combos and juggles on fastfallers. and his moveset looks skreeonking cool.

but he's still a terrible character.... which makes no sense, considering he's the original Pokèmon Uber Tier character.

Mewtwo's overall design makes me think they tried not to make him overpowered, but the went way too far in the other direction.

4: the only problem i have with that ending is that Bowser didn't get to see the Shadow Queen. also the Queen could've used a bit more personality. some stuff that i thought of the last time i played it. not something i thought of the first play through lol
Last edited by Huan_of_Valinor on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Godzilla21 wrote:I would love if someone came out with some batshit Reddit Q&A who claimed to see the screening.

"Yes then Rodan falls on Godzilla to sacrifice himself and Godzilla transforms into a new monster called BAGAN."

NSZ wrote:Everyone shut up and go outside. Take a walk around your block. Breathe. Get mugged by a bird. Clear your noggin.

Julia Bristow
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Julia Bristow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm

You know I wished that Paper Mario III would've continued with the events of Paper Mario II, so that we could've seen Grodus & the X-Nauts plot their revenge.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Huan_of_Valinor
Interpol Agent

Postby Huan_of_Valinor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:10 pm

that would've been much more interesting than what we ended up getting lol

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Primal carnage is way too fast paced. You don't get attached to the characters, so you don't really care about dying.

gzilla46
EDF Soldier

Postby gzilla46 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Bowser's kind of easy to beat in some of the recent Super Mario Bros. games. Make him harder. Make it not be "3 hits and he's dead." Make Bowser an actual challenge.

Also, in the game, Just Cause 2, I don't like how rubble from destruction you cause disappears in a few seconds. Leave it there until I leave the region of the map, so I can view my accomplishments.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Handsome Jack
JXSDF Technician

Postby Handsome Jack » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:00 am

Borderlands just has too many re-skinned weapons in it. It feels like only the stats vary for the most part.
What’s that saying? Don’t pick a fight with a man with nothing left to lose? I’m going to show you just how much you have left to lose.

Where the hell is -- I had a violin somewhere, I was gonna play it all sarcastically --goddammit, I saw it like a day ago. Blake! Violin!

You are a bandit AND I AM THE GODDAMN HERO!

LaserDuel
Samurai

Postby LaserDuel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:21 pm

The path to getting the best ending in Persona 4 is incredibly obtuse. Also, the scene after the new dungeon in the Vita version goes a little to far for fanservice.

Mincecraft
G-Grasper

Postby Mincecraft » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:05 pm

gzilla46 wrote:Also, in the game, Just Cause 2, I don't like how rubble from destruction you cause disappears in a few seconds. Leave it there until I leave the region of the map, so I can view my accomplishments.

I'm going to second this game but for a different reason; the black market equipment is too expensive. The vehicles I can understand, but when I can't buy pistol ammo whatsoever, then there's a problem.

Jahgee
Futurian

Postby Jahgee » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Some of the Thunder Licenses in NASCAR Thunder 2004 are extremely difficult.
One of Toho Kingdom's 2 resident NASCAR fans
There was a time where I was Admin

Gettothechoppa
Yojimbo

Postby Gettothechoppa » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Sometimes Telltale's The Walking Dead can have technical hiccups (at least on the console version), leaving it paused for five seconds or so.
"Every kaiju ever is a metaphor for nukes and nukes are bad but nukes are good in Pacific Rim because they save the day and that's bad."

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 am

Team Fortress 2 can have some extreme balance issues sometimes.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Dillyziller » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:12 pm

In War of the Monsters (PS2), the camera glitches once and a while. It gets annoying when in epic battles. :?
^This post in sexually offensive.

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Postby YawnMasta » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 am

Everything revolts in Rome Total War.
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 poop
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Injustice gods among us is currently me fave game, I guess one thing I don't like is the clash thingy. I just think it's really irritating when my meter's full and am ready to pull off a super, then I get into a clash, and loose all or most of my meter and my opponent regains some health. ergh
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 pm

TF2 apparently doesn't let you play any servers that are using older versions of the game. I find that really annoying since I should be able to play older versions of the game.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Kiryu2012 wrote:TF2 apparently doesn't let you play any servers that are using older versions of the game. I find that really annoying since I should be able to play older versions of the game.

It means the server needs to update with the latest patch. Sometimes things in the patch can break your game if you join older servers. Give 'em time, they'll update.

Return to “Video Game Hub”