Give a criticism about your favorite game

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Julia Bristow
G-Force Lieutenant

Give a criticism about your favorite game

Postby Julia Bristow » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 am

Resident Evil 1's graphics haven't aged well much at all and Jill Valentine's voice is just so freakin annoying & whiny too.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Re: Give a criticism about your favorite game

Postby Kiryu2012 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 am

The dragons in Skyrim don't present that much of a challenge. They just bite and breathe a certain element, or just circle around you in the sky. And why don't they have arms to fight better with? That's just something I can't get over; these dragons should've had arms to fight and pick up/throw stuff. And make them much harder to kill, Bethesda.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 am

Kiryu2012 wrote:The dragons in Skyrim don't present that much of a challenge. They just bite and breathe a certain element, or just circle around you in the sky. And why don't they have arms to fight better with? That's just something I can't get over; these dragons should've had arms to fight and pick up/throw stuff. And make them much harder to kill, Bethesda.

That and Alduin was a hilariously weak boss. For the almighty apocalypse bringing dragon, he was a skreeonk.

That being said, the Halo series is just as guilty. The Didact. Oh my god the Didact. Most anti-climactic battle I've ever seen. Super powerful Forerunner? Defeated by grenade.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:36 am

Metal Gear Solid 3's camera system bites.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:35 pm

I really really can't think of any criticism for Red Dead Redemption. It was, too me, literally the perfect game. Maybe the Mexico part of the story was a tad bit slow, but other than that I see no flaw in it.
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Pokemon Platinum... ehhh, I can't really think of anything wrong with it, aside from one-use TM's. It's just a perfect game otherwise.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

tymon
EDF Soldier

Postby tymon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Berzerkgodzilla wrote:I really really can't think of any criticism for Red Dead Redemption. It was, too me, literally the perfect game. Maybe the Mexico part of the story was a tad bit slow, but other than that I see no flaw in it.

The story could be less formulaic (so far it's pretty much been "meet up with this idiot, help him with his trouble, nearly get killed, meet up with different idiot, repeat, then meet other idiot again". I think Bonnie is the only exception), but yeah, that game is nearly flawless IMO. I just got to Mexico yesterday, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Uncharted 2 - my favorite game, but the story is cliched and generic (the presentation of that story, however - graphics, sound, motion capture and voice-acting - is top notch).
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

mecha-gino
EDF Soldier

Postby mecha-gino » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Critism about some of my favorite game/games? Hmm... Sure, I'll bite.

God of war, destroy all humans, and probably a Ton of other games I like DON'T have a level select or a mission select mode. I REALLY hate that when I want to fight a specific boss but can only fight him when I had a save file OR I have to replay the entire game until I get to that point. Or another case of this could be like if I missed a certain unlockable treasure and I have to replay the game to get it.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

War of the Monsters camera controls can be a bit annoying.

AND THERES NO SEQUEL YET....

SONY! GET ON IT!!!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

tymon
EDF Soldier

Postby tymon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 pm

zilla103192 wrote:War of the Monsters camera controls can be a bit annoying.

More than a bit IMO. I dunno, maybe I just haven't played it enough to get down the controls/feel yet, but I find the camera angles on that game to be incredibly frustrating.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 am

Gyaos wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:The dragons in Skyrim don't present that much of a challenge. They just bite and breathe a certain element, or just circle around you in the sky. And why don't they have arms to fight better with? That's just something I can't get over; these dragons should've had arms to fight and pick up/throw stuff. And make them much harder to kill, Bethesda.

That and Alduin was a hilariously weak boss. For the almighty apocalypse bringing dragon, he was a skreeonk.

That being said, the Halo series is just as guilty. The Didact. Oh my god the Didact. Most anti-climactic battle I've ever seen. Super powerful Forerunner? Defeated by grenade.

You calling it a "fight" is too skreeonking generous. Plus, the whole game he was in his giant death ball and didn't have ANY contact with the Chief except for the beginning and ending. I would tolerate a quick-time event where the Chief and the Diadect are having a hand-to-hand fight... But the all powerful Forunner "God" defeated by the weakest grenade in the game was stupid.

#BotM

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am

tymon wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:War of the Monsters camera controls can be a bit annoying.

More than a bit IMO. I dunno, maybe I just haven't played it enough to get down the controls/feel yet, but I find the camera angles on that game to be incredibly frustrating.

It helps alot if you hold the trigger down to lock on, the camera stays nice and still behind you.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Dynomy84
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dynomy84 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Dragon ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - I honestly feel a few characters are unnecessary.

Skylanders series - Most of the characters can be really hard to find.
Dynomy
If all else fails, eat pudding. Pudding never fails!

20th Century Boy
EDF Soldier

Postby 20th Century Boy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Metroid Fusion is more linear compared to the rest of the series.... and it ended.

Shadow
EDF Soldier

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Godzilla STE, the time limit is too damn short. I want to destroy the monster and the city with it, but the time limit screws me over.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Super Smash Bros. Melee - The textures on the stages are really... well, they could've been better.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Godzilla1989
Samurai

Postby Godzilla1989 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 am

Kingdom Hearts could've had better Camara system and less Dalmations.
I love GODZILLA and Kentucky Basketball

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Postby MDK » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 am

Zoids VS 3 could've had more stages in VS mode. It also should've had the Raynos and Gilvader. Still worth importing it.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol

SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega

If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Rampage World Tour can get repetitive at times, but I still love it.

o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby o.supreme » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Megaman X7 and X8 for PS2 tried to get too fancy & complicated instead of just sticking with the simplicity of what makes Megaman games great.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Return to “Video Game Hub”