Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Smuggers » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:30 am

miguelnuva wrote:So are people out there money for this project now? Guess Lamango's ti-raid was simply premature.

Lamango's a perfect example of completely missing the mark and favoring fact over fiction for why this game failed. It baffles me how people continue to entertain notions of a "furry mafia" hijacking the project when there's a very real scandal of the guy behind the project not delivering what he was paid to do and trying to weasel out of it by saying "It's not canned! It's just suspended indefinitely!".
Last edited by Smuggers on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan
Posts: 5768
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:36 am

Have to admit the Furry Mafia makes for a fun story though.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened


ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.


Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:




User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Stump Feet » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:12 am

Smuggers wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:So are people out there money for this project now? Guess Lamango's ti-raid was simply premature.

Lamango's a perfect example of completely missing the mark and favoring fact over fiction for why this game failed. It baffles me how people continue to entertain notions of a "furry mafia" hijacking the project when there's a very real scandal of the guy behind the project not delivering what he was paid to do and trying to weasel out of it by saying "It's not canned! It's just suspended indefinitely!".

iirc, a few members from TK joined CKC and began raising hell in the shoutbox calling Simon out... until he banned them (which was a rare thing for the forums)
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:36 am

Stump Feet wrote:iirc, a few members from TK joined CKC and began raising hell in the shoutbox calling Simon out... until he banned them (which was a rare thing for the forums)


Cringe yet mildly based
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
UltimateDitto
Futurian
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby UltimateDitto » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:57 am

Were there any more upcoming monsters, or was Mecha bandicoot forced to be the last one?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2181
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Halley's Comet.

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 am

UltimateDitto wrote:Were there any more upcoming monsters, or was Mecha bandicoot forced to be the last one?


i'm not sure, though i think Bandicoot was the last one.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby LamangoKaijura » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Smuggers wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:So are people out there money for this project now? Guess Lamango's ti-raid was simply premature.

Lamango's a perfect example of completely missing the mark and favoring fact over fiction for why this game failed. It baffles me how people continue to entertain notions of a "furry mafia" hijacking the project when there's a very real scandal of the guy behind the project not delivering what he was paid to do and trying to weasel out of it by saying "It's not canned! It's just suspended indefinitely!".

Cause it mostly happened.
Image

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Smuggers » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:25 am

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Smuggers wrote:Lamango's a perfect example of completely missing the mark and favoring fact over fiction for why this game failed. It baffles me how people continue to entertain notions of a "furry mafia" hijacking the project when there's a very real scandal of the guy behind the project not delivering what he was paid to do and trying to weasel out of it by saying "It's not canned! It's just suspended indefinitely!".

Cause it mostly happened.

Except it didn't. Refer to my previous post on the matter:
Smuggers wrote:As someone who frequented the forum for a few years, this never happened. There was never a large group of furries on the site and anyone who was a furry wasn't tied to Duncan. The big green mobster himself was also pretty much never there. He hasn't logged in years and his last post was a year before even that. The whole "furries took control of CKC" is literally fake news-tier gossip that has more poop added to it every time it's posted and as someone who was never a fan of the monsters that were clearly based on their creator's fursona, even I can say that the worst thing these guys did is muddy the public perception of the game to people who take a very vocal stance against furries.

Nobody there got bullied by any furry on the site either. The site had a large amount of children on it who were honestly too young to be part of a community. Then there were people who were just plain weird. The most controversial person on that forum was anyone who'd dare criticize a user-submitted monster. The users there tended to have very thin skin and the site was very hugboxy, especially early on. There were also a couple people who took advantage of the fact that the forum took very little action in the way of problem users--they didn't really do anything too bad, they were just very consistently annoying which was enough to make all the 12 year olds go nuclear.


I'm sure it definitely appears to have happen if you read anonymous posts on the internet whose sources are other anonymous posts that eventually snowball into everybody believing it happened because they "Heard from a guy who heard from a guy". Dunning Kruger effect in action.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
Mr. Strange
Interpol Agent
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Mr. Strange » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:34 am

Smuggers wrote:It baffles me how people continue to entertain notions of a "furry mafia" hijacking the project when there's a very real scandal of the guy behind the project not delivering what he was paid to do and trying to weasel out of it by saying "It's not canned! It's just suspended indefinitely!".


When I read this, I wonder what you mean. If I get an opportunity to come back to CKC, I'd like to do it. Seems weird for me to promise to never come back to it, no matter what.

But more importantly, how does either statement lead to me weaseling out of anything? I collected money for a project, I spent the money on the project, and the project didn't get finished. That's disappointing, but it's a pretty normal business outcome. There's no scandal or subterfuge. You might argue that I didn't properly estimate the risk - that's fair - but there's still no scandal there.

I'm grateful for all my CKC time.

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Fish Cakes » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Mr. Strange wrote:I'm grateful for all my CKC time.

Good for you, my dude.

Were the backers who's reward tiers were never delivered or possible to deliver refunded though? I'm pretty sure you're obligated to do so.
https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/accoun ... ickstarter
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Ding Dong, Texas
Contact:

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby MrGameguycolor » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Mr. Strange wrote:I'm grateful for all my CKC time.


It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks for the memories.
Last edited by MrGameguycolor on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster


Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Image

User avatar
Mr. Strange
Interpol Agent
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby Mr. Strange » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:
Were the backers who's reward tiers were never delivered or possible to deliver refunded though? I'm pretty sure you're obligated to do so.
https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/accoun ... ickstarter


I believe all rewards were delivered. Tier by tier:

  • Store Credit - delivered
  • Design Team Memberships - delivered
  • Steam keys for CKC - delivered
  • Ebook of Project: Nemesis - delivered
  • $35 and $100 sponsors to fund additional progenitors - delivered
  • Alpha and Beta access keys - delivered
  • Immortal Kaiju - get your name into the game. We discussed and made plans for all 5 of these folks. - delivered
  • Producer - delivered
  • Logitech Controllers - delivered
  • Progenitors - delivered

Is anyone claiming that they have some other un-delivered reward?
Last edited by Mr. Strange on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UltimateDitto
Futurian
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby UltimateDitto » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:39 pm

What would more or less happen if you did go back to CKC? I assume the plan would be to try and finish Fall of Nemesis?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6390
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:12 am

Mr. Strange wrote:
Smuggers wrote:It baffles me how people continue to entertain notions of a "furry mafia" hijacking the project when there's a very real scandal of the guy behind the project not delivering what he was paid to do and trying to weasel out of it by saying "It's not canned! It's just suspended indefinitely!".


When I read this, I wonder what you mean. If I get an opportunity to come back to CKC, I'd like to do it. Seems weird for me to promise to never come back to it, no matter what.

But more importantly, how does either statement lead to me weaseling out of anything? I collected money for a project, I spent the money on the project, and the project didn't get finished. That's disappointing, but it's a pretty normal business outcome. There's no scandal or subterfuge. You might argue that I didn't properly estimate the risk - that's fair - but there's still no scandal there.

I'm grateful for all my CKC time.

What you say is true, in a Kickstarter sense. And I do give you the benefit of the doubt, as I’m sure being a game creator and designer takes a lot of work. I think there’s an issue where how people view kickstarters.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.


Return to “Video Game Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests