Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:57 am

Sad news, Paul Haddad who was Leon's voice actor in the original RE2 passed away at age 56 on April 15th due to throat cancer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Haddad
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6169
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Sad news, Paul Haddad who was Leon's voice actor in the original RE2 passed away at age 56 on April 15th due to throat cancer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Haddad


if cancer doesn't kill you in this day and age, Covid will.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Keizer
Posts: 8223
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:17 am

I'm playing Resident Evil 3 now. No, not the remake, the original on the PS1. I haven't played the remake yet, but after hearing how different the remake is, I feel fine playing the original first and then it. With the exception of 5 I've played them all within the past year or so so I'm definitely on a kick.

So far I have played and beaten:
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations 1
Resident Evil Revelations 2

After 3 I still have Resident Evil 7 which I am really looking forward to as well.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
HedorahIsBestGirl
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 am

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby HedorahIsBestGirl » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:38 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:After 3 I still have Resident Evil 7 which I am really looking forward to as well.

It's a fantastic game, probably my favorite of the three RE games I've played. I think survival horror benefits from a first-person perspective.
The sea has cobalt, it's full of mercury. Too many fumes in our oxygen!
All the smog now is choking you and me. Good Lord, where is it gonna end?
Got to get it back, someday. Got to get it back, and soon now.
For tomorrow maybe you and me...
We're movin', we're movin', movin' to the Moon now!
It's up to us to make a choice.
We know what it's worth to save the Earth!

User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Since rumors are Leon is playable in RE8 and if that's true, can we finally get his Sentinel Nine handgun? It was a mistake to remove it from RE6 for the Wing Shooters which only looked like his VP70 from RE2 because nostalgia bait. It'd be like removing his Silver Ghost pistol from RE4. Sentinel Nine has it's own backstory and it's cool that Leon not only revived the project but oversaw the project himself, even adding an extra requirement and extra test for it's torture test, that being acid resistance since many monsters shoot acid.

Plus I want to jam that spiky flash hider into an enemy's head as a melee attack after stunning them. It's cool they finally used it for Vendetta but we the players are still waiting to fire it (and jam it into enemy heads) in games.

Image
Image

User avatar
KManX89
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby KManX89 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Since rumors are Leon is playable in RE8 and if that's true, can we finally get his Sentinel Nine handgun? It was a mistake to remove it from RE6 for the Wing Shooters which only looked like his VP70 from RE2 because nostalgia bait. It'd be like removing his Silver Ghost pistol from RE4. Sentinel Nine has it's own backstory and it's cool that Leon not only revived the project but oversaw the project himself, even adding an extra requirement and extra test for it's torture test, that being acid resistance since many monsters shoot acid.

Plus I want to jam that spiky flash hider into an enemy's head as a melee attack after stunning them. It's cool they finally used it for Vendetta but we the players are still waiting to fire it (and jam it into enemy heads) in games.

Image


Chris is gonna be in the game as well with a redesign more closely resembling RE5-RE6 according to rumors, probably to rectify that whole debacle with his RE7 redesign.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:09 pm

KManX89 wrote:Chris is gonna be in the game as well with a redesign more closely resembling RE5-RE6 according to rumors, probably to rectify that whole debacle with his RE7 redesign.


While I understand people being upset by his RE7 design, I'm honestly indifferent. These characters look vastly different from game to game. I'm just more upset that RE6 was 7 or 8 years ago and only now we might get a chance to use the pistol that was meant to be Leon's default in that game.

EDIT: Here's the Sentinel Nine's backstory for anyone interested.

http://www.projectumbrella.net/articles ... lucidation
Last edited by Living Corpse on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6169
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:54 pm

I just finished playing the remake of RE1 on my Switch. It took some time getting used to, but I had fun with it in the end. Anyways, do you guys mind if we discuss ideas for future entries in the franchise? Let me share mine.

I for one think that Capcom should make an entry take place in Japan, which is surprising since that’s where the games are made. That is, assuming any of the games have not been set there already because I do recall a friend of mine telling me one of the live-action movies did. Since every playable protagonist, at least to my knowledge have been exclusively Caucasian-American, why not add some people of color into the mix?

What do you think of my suggestions? Do you like them? If not, give me your own.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
KManX89
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby KManX89 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:12 am

Living Corpse wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Chris is gonna be in the game as well with a redesign more closely resembling RE5-RE6 according to rumors, probably to rectify that whole debacle with his RE7 redesign.


While I understand people being upset by his RE7 design, I'm honestly indifferent. These characters look vastly different from game to game. I'm just more upset that RE6 was 7 or 8 years ago and only now we might get a chance to use the pistol that was meant to be Leon's default in that game.

EDIT: Here's the Sentinel Nine's backstory for anyone interested.

http://www.projectumbrella.net/articles ... lucidation


I'm pretty sure the only reason he's supposedly in RE8 is to rectify that whole RE7 redesign situation which fans weren't happy with.

It wouldn't be the first time they've done this, either. Jill's Revelations 1 design was drastically different. They even showed her entering the Spencer estate at the end in her new Rev1 design, which she would transition back to her old RE5 design by the start of the actual Lost in Nightmares DLC.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
gvamp
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5441
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby gvamp » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:23 am

If rumors are true then we should be seeing RE8 at the Sony event on Thursday with more of it shown off at a separate Capcom event with in the next few weeks.
optimum in mundi

User avatar
KManX89
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby KManX89 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:43 pm

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm

God dang it! Was about to post it.

Get your silver bullets loaded into your Samurai Edge.

EDIT: Developer message.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffox_C_DWpU

Added in 1 day 21 hours 15 minutes :
So this is a darker Chris for sure, he's even dressed like Albert and Glenn. Even if he isn't totally villain now (still not sure how I feel about that) I'd be up for him changing from hero to anti-hero.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Keizer
Posts: 8223
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:05 pm

I'm really excited for the PS5, specifically because of Resident Evil.

Over the last year and a half, I've pretty much played all the games in the series, sans 7 and Remake 3. I played 2's remake last year, before moving to Japan, and when I moved I made the stupid decision to abandon my ps4. Since the ps5 is backwards compatible, the ps5 day one purchases are going to be 7 and Remake 3 for sure, with me really looking forward to 8. Hell yeah. Also glad that they are changing things up.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6169
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:02 am

^I look forward to what new IPs Capcom has in store for this new decade and what older franchises they plan to revitalize. It's good to know that they were working on at least one in the form of Pragmata.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Keizer
Posts: 8223
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:11 am

LegendZilla wrote:^I look forward to what new IPs Capcom has in store for this new decade and what older franchises they plan to revitalize. It's good to know that they were working on at least one in the form of Pragmata.

Regardless of Resident Evil, the fact that they’ve seen people are excited about, and purchasing, largely solid single player experiences is a fantastic thing and I hope that continues with new ips.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
TyrantGojira
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1990
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby TyrantGojira » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:26 am

With that emblem on the village gate resembling a fetus, I think this gave will be focused on more genetic modification rather than our usual virus or parasite.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"
Image

User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Something that's always bugged me about RE7 is how the new Samurai Edge pistol and the Thor's Hammer shotgun are officially known as Albert-01 and Albert-02. I mean I get that he was working on them before he was killed and Blue Umbrella took over, and I get that they are powerful like him, but if they are really good guys you'd think they'd change the names to not glorify a bio-terrorist who nearly destroyed the world and even if they are secretly evil and just playing reformed good guys, not glorify the guy who betrayed everyone including them.

TyrantGojira wrote:With that emblem on the village gate resembling a fetus, I think this gave will be focused on more genetic modification rather than our usual virus or parasite.


Remember the weird fetuses you had to collect in RE7 for a cure? Might be it. Also everyone saying Mia killed by Chris, are we sure? She might still have her regenerative powers.
Image

User avatar
KManX89
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby KManX89 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:15 am

Also, according to leaks, this game will have both werewolves AND traditional zombies. So far, we haven't seen zombies, but everything else in the leaks has been spot on, including the lycans, so it's a safe bet we'll eventually get gameplay footage with those in it as well.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
Omegazilla
Interpol Agent
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Omegazilla » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:39 am

Not sure what to say about the direction of RE atm. The RE3 remake was lazy and horribly done which is unfortunate because it truly could have been amazing. Werewolf BOWs sound cool, but what worries me is that this rural European village might feel too much like RE4 with werewolves and RE7 characters thrown in.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Sazer
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:54 am

We have vampire ladies drinking blood from your wrist. I'm in.
Image


Return to “Video Game Hub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests