Page 8 of 13

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 pm
by Biollante
Living Corpse wrote:And like I said earlier you can still balance horror and action.

You can, but it's hard to make a good balance. I can't honestly say that RE4 was a good horror game, but it was a great action game. You just can't have a good horror game when there's no sense of fear and you can't (in most cases) have a good action game when there's tight level design and lack of combat options. This is why I find horror has become more of an atmospheric genre and less about gameplay.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 pm
by Proofpoochie
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
Biollante wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:And like I said earlier you can still balance horror and action.

You can, but it's hard to make a good balance. I can't honestly say that RE4 was a good horror game, but it was a great action game. You just can't have a good horror game when there's no sense of fear and you can't (in most cases) have a good action game when there's tight level design and lack of combat options.


RE4 was better horror game than 5, though. That's for sure.


Neither game was actually scary, though.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:21 am
by Goji
poop, you wanna talk scary?

Play RE3 on "Hard", where your constantly running from Nemesis due to lack of ammo. Every time you hear the music announcing his presence, you start worrying when and where he'll pop out next.

Or the original RE, where ammo is hard to come by, and your constantly forced to traverse claustrophobic hallways with a ton of zombies in your path (and like Biollante mentioned), with nothing more than a knife in hand.

Now THAT's Biohazard! I want to see another game that's actually "survival horror", like the first 4 games (I consider Code Veronica to be the "real" RE3). The balance of "action" and "horror" in RE4 was just about perfect. Like others have said, the developers of RE5 really dropped the ball with that game (Seriously, I think I face palmed when Chris and Sheva jumped in unison in sloooow motion at one point in the game. You all know what I'm talking about). Hopefully 6 will do what RE4 did, but even better. One can hope..

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:02 am
by Proofpoochie
Goji wrote:poop, you wanna talk scary?

Play RE3 on "Hard", where your constantly running from Nemesis due to lack of ammo. Every time you hear the music announcing his presence, you start worrying when and where he'll pop out next.

Or the original RE, where ammo is hard to come by, and your constantly forced to traverse claustrophobic hallways with a ton of zombies in your path (and like Biollante mentioned), with nothing more than a knife in hand.

Now THAT's Biohazard! I want to see another game that's actually "survival horror", like the first 4 games (I consider Code Veronica to be the "real" RE3). The balance of "action" and "horror" in RE4 was just about perfect. Like others have said, the developers of RE5 really dropped the ball with that game (Seriously, I think I face palmed when Chris and Sheva jumped in unison in sloooow motion at one point in the game. You all know what I'm talking about). Hopefully 6 will do what RE4 did, but even better. One can hope..


RE was already dead to me by the time RE5 came out, so I enjoyed RE5 for being a fun action game. I enjoyed RE4 too, but not as an RE game.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am
by Gigan X3
Yahoo, This doesn't look like RE but it still looks great fun!

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 pm
by Hedorah
Pre-ordered Resident Evil Revelations today, paid it all off too. Now comes the waiting game

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 pm
by SJM925
I enjoyed 4. I was scared when I played it (granted, I was in the 7th grade and NEVER played a horror game in my life), but the "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI WHAT MADE THAT NOISE WHY IS THAT BAG MOVING WHY IS THAT PITCHFORK THERE WOLVERINE U R A X MAN NOT A ZOMBIE" and "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI I'M OUTTA AMMO HOW DO I KILL IT" applied to me fully. I still play through it about once a year, and I still enjoy it, and I get a spook every once in a while.


Revelations... Why should I buy it?

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 pm
by gvamp
GreenAiden555 wrote:I enjoyed 4. I was scared when I played it (granted, I was in the 7th grade and NEVER played a horror game in my life), but the "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI WHAT MADE THAT NOISE WHY IS THAT BAG MOVING WHY IS THAT PITCHFORK THERE WOLVERINE U R A X MAN NOT A ZOMBIE" and "OHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHIOHSHI I'M OUTTA AMMO HOW DO I KILL IT" applied to me fully. I still play through it about once a year, and I still enjoy it, and I get a spook every once in a while.


Revelations... Why should I buy it?


If you like Classic style RE games (RE-RE:CV) then it's like those.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 am
by Hedorah
I'm really liking Revelations so far, I'm onto Episode 3 already. Really awesome game.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 am
by gvamp
Part of me wants to start it but part of me wants to wait till I'm leaving for my vacation so I have something to play on the plane ride(s)

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:31 pm
by SJM925
gvamp wrote:Part of me wants to start it but part of me wants to wait till I'm leaving for my vacation so I have something to play on the plane ride(s)



part of me wants to buy it, because I had the same feeling about Skyward Sword as I am this one (will it REALLY be THAT good?), and the other part of me is saying its wasted money because it will be too short.


But I bought The Mercs, so what do I know.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:15 pm
by gvamp
If you're on the west coast get to your local best buy and buy it they have it on sale for $10 cheaper than every where else or go to your local wal-mart if they're 24/7 and have them price match it.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:20 am
by Julia Bristow
I did. While it is not up to par with any of the other Resident Evil spin off games (terrible design choices, horrid partner AI) but for to me it can be somewhat decent and be fun for a little while and I did like having to play as 12 characters and for those of you who own a X-Box 360 there is a exclusive mode called Nemesis mode which lets you play as Nemesis himself

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 am
by Hedorah
Shazam14 wrote:Resident Evil 6 new trailer. http://youtu.be/2W_R-MjozTI


Alright so it's looking like Ada is the big bad so far? And oh poop that mercenary is Weskers son!? And Leon VS. Chris HELL YEAH!

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 am
by bananaoil
At least this game isn't another case of "OKAY, WE'RE SET BEFORE RE4, BUT AFTER METROID PRIME 6, AND BARRY BURTON IS NOW A ZULU WARRIOR AND THIS GAME IS ACTUALLY A PREQUEL TRANSPIRING ONE DAY BEFORE RESIDENT EVIL O"

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm
by SJM925
I hate Crapcom.

I was CONSIDERING getting this for PC... No. Not with they're current strategy to feed their consumers like they do.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 pm
by SJM925
"We want the CAWADOOTY audience."

DLC announcement before the game is released. SERIOUSLY, you're gonna release a game and announce DLC WHILE THE GAME IS STILL IN PRODUCTION?

Monster Hunter is dead outside of Japan. And then Dragon's Dogma, that slap in the face.

They murdered Megaman and are giving some companies the run around on releasing merchandise for Megaman.

Street Fighter V in 2013, Ultimate Edition in Q4 2013, Super Unlimited Powerhouse edition in 2014. See above.

Yeah. RE6 looks entertaining, but considering their current structure and method to handling their different series that fans ADORE....

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:39 am
by RedZillaKing
Well Resident Evil 6 really krept up on me. Hopefully it can capture the tension and awe of RE4 (still one of the best goddamne games I've ever play... if not THE best) that was severely lacking in 5. Am I the only one here who positively despised 5? And don't get me started on the African controversy.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:36 am
by Julia Bristow
I liked Resident Evil 5 for what it was. Sure it lacked horror & Sheva's AI wasn't great but I had plenty of fun with it. As a RE game, its okay.

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:48 am
by RedZillaKing
It seemed short and incomplete. Resident Evil 4 was such a long, rewarding, and complete experience and you think they'd want to up the ante. And it looks like they were going to...