Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Drewzilla
JXSDF Technician

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Postby Drewzilla » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Did anyone else get a vibe that there's a 3rd playable character? The dialoge had him talking about his blood and everyone wanting it. Wild guess.....Steve from Code Veronica?
wataru wrote:DO NOT eat Walmart's Great Value High Fiber Bars - Chocolate. You will fart for HOURS!

I bought a box and couldnt sleep because I kept farting. You doze off and PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! wake up.

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Hedorah » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Drewzilla wrote:Did anyone else get a vibe that there's a 3rd playable character? The dialoge had him talking about his blood and everyone wanting it. Wild guess.....Steve from Code Veronica?

There is going to be a 3rd playable character, and possibly Ada Wong after you finish the Leon, Chris and 3rd Guy's campaign
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Hedorah » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm surprised they announced it this close to release. I personally think the trailer looks awesome and why is it whenever a game has a cover shooting element in it, everybody cries that it's an rip of of GOW? I'm sick of people saying it looks like Gears of Wars with Zombies. Why not wait for the game to come out and maybe it will be scary?

Dude that scene with Chris and his squad looked just like Gears.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Has anyone noticed that Capcom lied too us? They said after RE5 was released that the story arc was done and they where going to reboot it. Not sure what to think of RE6 looks a lot like RE5 with amped up action.

I'll stick with Revalations which is ACTUALLY like classic RE from what I played of the demo today.
optimum in mundi

spinzilla
Interpol Agent

Postby spinzilla » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm

The Resident Evil Revelations demo has me sold on the game.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby Biollante » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:01 am

Resident Evil 6 is the straw that broke the camel's back. Capcom's not even trying, they're just making Gears of War with Leon and Chris as guest stars. Of course they know idiots will buy it anyway.

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 am

Pfffft. Well count me in as an "idiot" too.

I love the Biohazard series, and while RE5 was a big disappointment, I'm not going to pass on this game because the last wasn't all that stellar.

I miss the more atmospheric, puzzle heavy games too (which is why RE2 will always be my favorite), but I still like the RE4/5 style/gameplay engine a lot. Hopefully there will be a much bigger emphasis on horror this time around (though I'm not getting my hopes up, even if the trailer seems promising in that regard), and less poop that seems like an action movie with a horror "touch" like the last game was.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 am

Goji wrote:Pfffft. Well count me in as an "idiot" too.

I love the Biohazard series, and while RE5 was a big disappointment, I'm not going to pass on this game because the last wasn't all that stellar.

I miss the more atmospheric, puzzle heavy games too (which is why RE2 will always be my favorite), but I still like the RE4/5 style/gameplay engine a lot. Hopefully there will be a much bigger emphasis on horror this time around (though I'm not getting my hopes up, even if the trailer seems promising in that regard), and less poop that seems like an action movie with a horror "touch" like the last game was.

Get yourself a 3DS if you don't have one already; you'll love RE Revalations it's EXCACTLY like classic RE games I got that feeling after getting more time in with the demo last night.
optimum in mundi

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:03 pm

I will do just that, good sir. Once I have the extra $, I'll definitely be buying a 3DS. I loved what I played of Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

Revelations looks a lot like classic RE, and sounds like it will be just that. It will probably be my first 3DS purchase.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you

Proofpoochie
JXSDF Technician

Postby Proofpoochie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
Proofpoochie wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:RE 6 looks awesome but more as a Halo + COD + RE game but it could be still entertaining.
this was only a trailer maybe the game could have a little bit of horror. (Wishful thinking).

No, it won't. It looks like some chessy action game and it looks rediculous. It has Leon jumping around all over the place like some super Kung Fu hero. It certainly won't have horror in it. Resident Evil died with RE4 and now it's turned into Call of Duty.

I don't recall any COD game where I slide and shoot.

I was talking about how the game looks like mindless action with skreeonking explosions everywhere. Resident Evil used to be great. I enjoyed the RE4/RE5 gameplay style but, those games didn't feel like Resident Evil and this doesn't look anything like Resident Evil. It looks more like a game adaptation of the movies with all the chessy action.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:27 pm

The female seen in the trailer for RE6 isn't Ashley

http://kotaku.com/5877808/a-few-scant-n ... -creep-out

But yeah Goji Revalations had a very classic RE vibe to it the only thing that makes it a little less like classic RE is that scanner thing they've added then again you could always view that as innovation and not a hindurance.

Things that stick out about revaltions that make it classic RE

-limited ammo
-puzzles are back *minor spoilers* you start off trapped in your cabin on the ship and you have to go find a screw driver to unlock a panel so you can progress
-controlls
optimum in mundi

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Hedorah » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:12 pm

gvamp wrote:The female seen in the trailer for RE6 isn't Ashley

The article didn't mention the blonde girl who was with the 3rd protagonist who apparently has the blood everyone needs.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Hedorah wrote:
gvamp wrote:The female seen in the trailer for RE6 isn't Ashley

The article didn't mention the blonde girl who was with the 3rd protagonist who apparently has the blood everyone needs.

They say it's the girl Leon was talking too. He was talking to the blonde girl.

Even though I think this looks more of the same as RE5 I'll still get it, I just won't be getting the CE unless it has in game content; I was dissapointed by the RE5 CE.
optimum in mundi

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Hedorah » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Blonde girl talking to the mercenary guy is confirmed to be Sherry Birkin

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Hedorah » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Huh.

Maybe they just hired the same voice actress and that's why Sherry sounds like Ashly.

Yeah I thought they sounded exactly the same
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby Hedorah » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Living Corpse wrote:It doesn't help that they are both blond and now that she's an adult Sherry looks just like her.

But Sherry isn't afraid to jump without having to be caught
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Chris55 wrote:
Goji wrote:Pfffft. Well count me in as an "idiot" too.

Did you play the DLC "Lost in Nightmares"? That was pretty sweet. Very much like RE1

I did actually! It was just over too soon. :(

Proofpoochie
JXSDF Technician

Postby Proofpoochie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:12 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Resident Evil sucks now.

Give me back the horror gameplay.

THIS! :D

I heard the people at Capcom were trying to make this a horror experience. Judging by the trailer, I guess they talked to the makers of Troll 2 to find out what "horror" was.

Proofpoochie
JXSDF Technician

Postby Proofpoochie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:26 pm

NSZ wrote:
Proofpoochie wrote:
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Resident Evil sucks now.

Give me back the horror gameplay.

THIS! :D

I heard the people at Capcom were trying to make this a horror experience. Judging by the trailer, I guess they talked to the makers of Troll 2 to find out what "horror" was.

You realize it's probably gonna be split right?

Leon gets horror, Chris gets action, and the new guy probably gets the QTEs.

"Leon gets horror"? Did you even watch the trailer with Leon sliding around all over place and explosions everywhere? If that's what "horror" is supposed to be than I'm confused.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Postby Biollante » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:06 pm

It's very hard to do horror when the player has no sense of tension for the game he/she is playing. That's why many people don't take RE4 seriously as a horror game due to abundance of ammo and more open spaced level design. I suppose some could argue that the latter (and aged tank controls) artificially creates horror, but nevertheless I find it far more scary to rush through a tight hallway of zombies with just a knife vs. sitting in a locked room and aiming my fully loaded pistol at the only entrance for "zombies" to climb into.

But to be fair, the RE4 Chainsaw guy was pretty scary.

Return to “Video Game Hub”