Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by TyrantGojira »

With that emblem on the village gate resembling a fetus, I think this gave will be focused on more genetic modification rather than our usual virus or parasite.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Something that's always bugged me about RE7 is how the new Samurai Edge pistol and the Thor's Hammer shotgun are officially known as Albert-01 and Albert-02. I mean I get that he was working on them before he was killed and Blue Umbrella took over, and I get that they are powerful like him, but if they are really good guys you'd think they'd change the names to not glorify a bio-terrorist who nearly destroyed the world and even if they are secretly evil and just playing reformed good guys, not glorify the guy who betrayed everyone including them.
TyrantGojira wrote:With that emblem on the village gate resembling a fetus, I think this gave will be focused on more genetic modification rather than our usual virus or parasite.
Remember the weird fetuses you had to collect in RE7 for a cure? Might be it. Also everyone saying Mia killed by Chris, are we sure? She might still have her regenerative powers.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Also, according to leaks, this game will have both werewolves AND traditional zombies. So far, we haven't seen zombies, but everything else in the leaks has been spot on, including the lycans, so it's a safe bet we'll eventually get gameplay footage with those in it as well.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Not sure what to say about the direction of RE atm. The RE3 remake was lazy and horribly done which is unfortunate because it truly could have been amazing. Werewolf BOWs sound cool, but what worries me is that this rural European village might feel too much like RE4 with werewolves and RE7 characters thrown in.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

We have vampire ladies drinking blood from your wrist. I'm in.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I want a full blown Slavic Resident Evil

That would be absolute perfection

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

New Kendo Gun Shop video. If you haven't seen their videos before I say go watch their other videos, it's fasanating learning the history of the verious guns that show up in RE, like the Red 9. There actually is a gun, a Mauser, that has a red 9 on it's handle to show it's different from it's older models as being the one that shoots 9mm ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDAc-NM0bSc

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Some studio made a Resident Evil 8 knockoff and were able to get it on steam

https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/1/214174 ... pcom-valve

Valve why

Why are you like the way you are?

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ROMG4 wrote:Some studio made a Resident Evil 8 knockoff and were able to get it on steam

Valve why

Wow, i heard Valve got desperate for more games before but i didn't think it was this bad.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Gigantis wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:Some studio made a Resident Evil 8 knockoff and were able to get it on steam

Valve why

Wow, i heard Valve got desperate for more games before but i didn't think it was this bad.
Steam's game submission is extremely busted there's really no manuel reviewing or anything. So low effort plagiarized content is able to set up on the store with pretty much no trouble

Its been like this for years

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

And that bootleg is down.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ever wondered where STARS got that rocket launcher from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t49awdYtjcI

Kind of wish we learned this in game instead of supplemental. Like the Sentinel-Nine.

EDIT: 10 guns cut out of Resident Evil.

Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

EDIT:

Christmas came early.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

January 21st Capcom will be doing a RE Livestream that will feature the first gameplay for RE8 as well as other RE news. I can't wait for the new RE, its easily my most anticipated game this year.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Same here, Resident Evil 8 is my most anticipated game of the year also! I loved RE7, I'm very happy that 8 is in first person also.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Anguirus wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:52 pm Same here, Resident Evil 8 is my most anticipated game of the year also! I loved RE7, I'm very happy that 8 is in first person also.
I enjoyed RE7 quite a bit I'm glad it got the series back on track. Hopefully RE8 is great itself. I could care less about the rumored RE4 remake I'd much prefer a Code Veronica Remake first.

PC Specs

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

They are remaking RE4??? There is no need to remake that. Capcom needs to focus on making new stuff instead of remaking games that hold up to an extent. I am looking forward to RE8 it seems unique. I want them to focus their energy there. 7 was fantastic and 8 can certainly improve upon it.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:09 pm They are remaking RE4??? There is no need to remake that. Capcom needs to focus on making new stuff instead of remaking games that hold up to an extent. I am looking forward to RE8 it seems unique. I want them to focus their energy there. 7 was fantastic and 8 can certainly improve upon it.
RE4 remake isn't confirmed yet but its heavily rumored.

Today was the RE Live Stream and they announced that RE8 will be out on Friday May 7th. They also announced that the game will be indeed coming to PS4 and Xbox One. Finally a new MP game will be coming out called Resident Evil RE:Verse which will feature characters from all pretty much all games.

After watching the RE8 story trailer the RE4 remake seems VERY likely they even brought back its inventory system for RE8. So yeah expect a RE4 remake next year.

PC Specs

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Capcom: We got vampire ladies in RE now!

Me: Oh that's cool.

Capcom: And they're made out of bugs!

Me: NOPE.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So have they said how any of these more grounded first person RE games relate to the overarching REstory? Are zombies still common place worldwide? Is there a reason why giant hot vampire bug ladies, hillbillies, ghosts, and werewolves are common place?

I'm not the most informed on RE lore outside of the first 3 games, RE6 and the 6 RE films.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira