Anime and Manga disscussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Re: Anime and Manga disscussion

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:35 pm

On episode 25 of Yu Yu Hakusho. Getting good even if the fights are pretty anti-climatic. :P

And of course Kuwabara as always still steals the show for being the lovable goof he is. I much look forward to the Dark Tournament Arc and see what Younger Toguro will be capable of in the next episode.

ThunderScore
Yin-Yang Master

Postby ThunderScore » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:58 pm

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:17 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:On episode 25 of Yu Yu Hakusho. Getting good even if the fights are pretty anti-climatic. :P

And of course Kuwabara as always still steals the show for being the lovable goof he is. I much look forward to the Dark Tournament Arc and see what Younger Toguro will be capable of in the next episode.

I recently finished Hunter Hunter, by the same author. If I liked that do you think I’d like Yu Yu Hakusho?
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I recently finished Hunter Hunter, by the same author. If I liked that do you think I’d like Yu Yu Hakusho?

Yep that's on my list of animes to eventually watch. Thanks though. :)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Yuyu Hakusho is awesome. My 2nd favorite anime after the Dragonball series. The action is great but it's the character interactions that make it. The Dark Tournament is great. Anticlimactic it ain't.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:21 am

I had officially decided the next anime on my watch list will be HunterxHunter. I especially want to see how it holds up to Yu Yu Hakusho being both are done by the same author.

Still a long road though as I'm only on episode 25 of Yu Yu soon getting to the Dark Tournament Arc.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManuJM1997
JXSDF Technician

Postby ManuJM1997 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:29 am

Watched Summer Wars

It was good, althought it's kinda obvious it takes quite a deal from the Digimon Movie: Our War Game (seeing they both have the same director, it's no surprise)
JesstrK wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Ahhh the Godzilla vs Kong thread, my favorite place to discuss A Quiet Place

I know, right? There's like a whole page dedicated to it! I sure am glad I stumbled into the Godzilla vs Kong thread out of idle curiosity, I was beginning to think I'd never find a place to talk about A Quiet Place. Maybe they should just cancel GvK altogether so we can all go see A Quiet Place 2 and discuss that here come March 2020?

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Man watching Yu Yu Hakusho and Kuwabara stealing the show as usual. It makes me love the guy even more due to how likable and lovable he is. The great thing about Kuwabara is he's not one of those rivals to the main protagonist whose a total prick and asshole but at the same time respects and honors them as well as overtime goes from rivals to best friends.

Then when I look at a rival whose a total prick and asshole like Bakugou. I just laugh at them because Kuwabara easily blows him out of the water easily in terms of likability especially when you compare them both in the beginning. What makes me more happy too is that in a fight Kuwabara would kick his ass due to being stronger and faster.

That said though. Kuwabara is easily my favorite character in the show. :huge:

Meanwhile Bakugou tells Deku to go kill himself and even gets angry at him for trying to save him from the sludge villain.

Tell me whose the better character now. ;)

Rody
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Rody » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:23 pm

^To be fair, Bakugo starts developing a lot more once they're both in U-A; Bakugo's perspective was limited before, but once he trains and interacts with his classmates, he learns more about respect for others, as well as his own faults.

2004Zilla wrote:Anybody have any recommendations for an anime similar to Gurren Lagann, in that it has a lot of action and a lot of likeable characters? I'm looking specifically for something that can be easily found on Hulu or Netflix. I've been eyeing Darling in the Franxx but I've read some pretty polarizing things about it.

Have you seen Kill la Kill yet? That's very much GL's spiritual successor, being from the same director and writer & all.
I haven't seen these yet myself, but Diebuster and Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt might offer what you're looking for, too. Some older mecha series which helped inspire GL might be worth looking into as well.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Rody wrote:^To be fair, Bakugo starts developing a lot more once they're both in U-A; Bakugo's perspective was limited before, but once he trains and interacts with his classmates, he learns more about respect for others, as well as his own faults.

I'm aware that Bakugou is getting better but I still despise him especially of all the years of mental and emotional abuse he put Deku through (Especially starting a campaign to bullying him) all because he was quirkless and a damn misunderstanding he had with him as kids.

Still has a long road away until he can prove himself at least IMO. If he continues down this path I'll begin to see him in the same way as I do with Vegeta now.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:10 pm

I’ve gotten into a pretty big Berserk fever as of late. Especially with rumours that Castlevania producer/showrunner Adi Shankar might try to tackle the property for Netflix.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 pm

I love Berserk but it really gets depressing in parts.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:01 pm

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I love Berserk but it really gets depressing in parts.

The world of Berserk makes the world of Mad Max look like Disney in comparison.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

A buddy of mine wanted to borrow some volumes of Berserk from me because he thought it was just cool pseudo-medieval fantasy stuff. And in a lot ways that's exactly what it is. But I told him it gets really grim in parts. He insisted that, because he had read the A Song of Ice and FIre books he was more than ready for anything Berserk could throw at him. But as soon as he finished up Volume 13 he just texted me and said, "I'm done with Berserk, you can have it back." It's definitely not for everyone.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Rody wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Anybody have any recommendations for an anime similar to Gurren Lagann, in that it has a lot of action and a lot of likeable characters? I'm looking specifically for something that can be easily found on Hulu or Netflix. I've been eyeing Darling in the Franxx but I've read some pretty polarizing things about it.

Have you seen Kill la Kill yet? That's very much GL's spiritual successor, being from the same director and writer & all.
I haven't seen these yet myself, but Diebuster and Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt might offer what you're looking for, too. Some older mecha series which helped inspire GL might be worth looking into as well.

I actually watched Kill la Kill before Gurren Lagann (I prefer KLK to TTGL, in all honesty). I've been meaning to look into Panty & Stocking though.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:31 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

I think it would be more adequate to state that it makes Dragonball Z look like Pokemon. Anyways, what’s your opinion on the idea of Adi Shankar tackling the property? I know the west has had a hit or miss track record when it comes to adapting Japanese IPs, but the notion one potentially done properly by just the right person obtaining the rights intrigues me.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:03 pm

Another anime I'm thinking of adding to my watch list is Medaka Box. Medaka especially really attracts me very much.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow fan who's indecisive?

I've been dying to get into The Big O. I love mecha as well as everything film noir and good hand-drawn animation. It's been on my bucket list for the longest while but I've heard that although the first season is really good, the second one is a drag. What I really want to know is whether or not a complete series blu-ray (or whatever) is worth the purchase.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

ManuJM1997
JXSDF Technician

Postby ManuJM1997 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Started rewatching Oban Star Racers

I saw it during my childhood, but I barely remember anything about it.

Anyways, it's skreeonking good, 100% recommend it
JesstrK wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Ahhh the Godzilla vs Kong thread, my favorite place to discuss A Quiet Place

I know, right? There's like a whole page dedicated to it! I sure am glad I stumbled into the Godzilla vs Kong thread out of idle curiosity, I was beginning to think I'd never find a place to talk about A Quiet Place. Maybe they should just cancel GvK altogether so we can all go see A Quiet Place 2 and discuss that here come March 2020?

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 am

Well, I'm finally gonna do it. I'm gonna man up and get in the fracking robot.

Yep, I'm actually getting into Evangelion. Not just viewing clips or reading about it online, or watching snarky internet reviewers. No, I'm going to face my fears and actually watch the original series and the Rebuild movies, and read the manga.

Wish me luck, fellas.
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Return to “Media Center”