Anime and Manga disscussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Anime and Manga disscussion

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Eromanga Sensei appears to be the only must-watch show this season. It's funny and is almost guaranteed to have a buzzworthy moment every week. This week...!

Berserk and AoT if they're your thing. Need to give Uchouten Kazoku 2 a chance when I've seen the first part, though.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'm pretty sure Eromanga Sensei would be absolutely not my thing. I have a low tolerance level for racy humor.

The Eccentric Family 2 continues to be a delight, though; and Attack on Titan actually has been really on-point this season. The show is still covering the exciting parts of the story before the history reveals came and made things confusing. I'm behind on My Hero Academia, but it's a lively show with some very nice production values and good ol' action fun.
On the "older" spectrum, the few episodes of Mushi-Shi I've seen so far have been what I hoped for: surreal, sometimes sad, but always entrancing.
I also turned on a couple episodes of Nichijou today - ohhh, how I love this show. Episode 7's opening sequence might be one of the funniest bits I've EVER seen on TV.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

^It's not that racy, though. It's more that it's stands out because this very cute, pure character also happens to do lewd-ish illustrations as a profession, so she gets excited at opportunities to see pretty girls' panties and stuff. For reference material.

Anyway, I also watched both seasons of Ajin recently. Fun sci-fi thriller. I got used to Polygon Pictures and their CG stylings by the middle, too. I think most people here could get into that one. (There's only one cute girl whose charms are criminally under-utilized.)
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I checked out Blood: The Last Vampire, and it was pretty decent.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Is My Hero Acedamia worth watching? The last new anime I tried getting into was Tokyo Ghoul, and it sucked ass...

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Is My Hero Acedamia worth watching? The last new anime I tried getting into was Tokyo Ghoul, and it sucked ass...
I can't speak for the anime, but I really enjoy the manga and would suggest it solely based on that.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

HayesAJones wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Is My Hero Acedamia worth watching? The last new anime I tried getting into was Tokyo Ghoul, and it sucked ass...
I can't speak for the anime, but I really enjoy the manga and would suggest it solely based on that.
I decided to give it a go, I'm on episode 3, needless to say, I like it so far :lol:
Awesome, I just finished InuYasha The Final Act today, so I was in need of a new anime desperately.

Added in 2 hours 37 minutes 9 seconds:
So far, in the second episode, when that slime gets on that bomb boi, it totally looks like that Tokyo Ghoul freak when the slimes mouth is over his.
There's also a dude with huge cheereo lips that kinda reminds me of some other anime character, I'm probably just hi though and seeing things :lol:

Added in 36 minutes 48 seconds:
Thinking about it now, this whole thing is kinda Soul Eaterish

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Anyone else looking forward to the fifth installment of Adventure tri?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Well,I just finished Season 1 of My Hero Acedemia, now I gotta wait for Season 2's dub to be uploaded to Hulu...
I liked it a lot, but I'm surprised by how short it was

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Anyone else looking forward to the fifth installment of Adventure tri?
I really hoped a channel would pick them up like Adult Swim so we could see it on Toonami cut up in episodic bites. As much it is convenient to have them as films, their animation quality in comparison to the original Adventure movies doesn't hold up. But as a show, it does, save for the digivolutions being done in the same awkward CG style that Sailor Moon Crystal's done in. I really hope that if they ever move to do a Tamers sequel, they go 2D all the way save for the Matrix/Biomerge evolutions unless done like Sakuyamon's. Ironically, I felt Renamon's entire line had the best evolution sequence in the first four series because 2D digivolutions tended to be shortchanged up to that point. Speaking of which, back when the Pendulum X was out, I theorized that Kouta was the son of Rika and Takato, and his Dorumon is symbolic of the mixing, while Ryudamon's tamer was Henry's or Suzi's son. You wouldn't believe how disappointed I was in middle school with X-Evolution not being anything like Chronicle or the D-Cyber manhua.

Savers was good, but I never seen anything beyond the first episode subtitled. The dub itself was too butchered for me to consider, though.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Well,I just finished Season 1 of My Hero Acedemia, now I gotta wait for Season 2's dub to be uploaded to Hulu...
I liked it a lot, but I'm surprised by how short it was
Have no fear; season 2 is 25 episodes long. You can also try Funimation's site for the first couple of dubbed episodes - or watch it subbed on Crunchyroll.
My Hero Academia rocks. For all the anticipation Attack on Titan had, as far as I'm concerned, MHA has totally stolen its thunder as the action show of the season. The show has been nailing the already excellent source material, and it just keeps ramping up with each new arc. Episode 10 was honestly one of the coolest anime episodes I've seen in a while (Yutaka Nakamura might be a god among animators).

In other assorted anime news:
Naoki Urasawa's Pluto manga is getting an anime adaptation.

Kyoto Animation's upcoming project, Violet Evergarden, is getting a world premiere at Anime Expo. The visuals based on the PVs are breathtaking, maybe even by KyoAni standards.

A live-action Cowboy Bebop is in the works?! I can see this series translating to the medium well, at least.

Studio Trigger announces Inferno Cop season 2!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're also getting a new Gurren Lagann box set for the show's 10th anniversary, including the two films. It ain't cheap, of course.

My Hero Academia currently has a hotline for advice from the show's characters. That's pretty neat marketing, I think.

Discotek is releasing two Galaxy Express 999 films, HELLS, and KAIBA to DVD/Blu-ray! KAIBA and HELLS, in particular, have never been available in the States.

There's certainly a lot going on in the industry!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I can watch all of season 2 on Hulu, but the dub was so good, I'm just gonna wait for the dub to be uploaded.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Rody wrote:Kyoto Animation's upcoming project, Violet Evergarden, is getting a world premiere at Anime Expo. The visuals based on the PVs are breathtaking, maybe even by KyoAni standards.
Oh my God! The animation looks very spectacular! As if I couldn't love KyoAni enough already! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ I know, right?? Kyoto Animation is awesome.
In fact, they're well ahead of the industry curve in improving their business and work conditions. I wish KyoAni all the best in their efforts; and hope in the meantime that A Silent Voice can actually make it here in the near future.

...So the spring season is wrapping up now; Attack on Titan went out on a fairly strong note, and hopefully season 3 will actually make it in 2018. My Hero Academia wrapped up the Sports Tournament solidly, and I'm excited for the next arc when it starts in a couple of weeks. The Eccentric Family isn't quite finished; the last few episodes have been less consistent, but I hope the show can land its ending. I just love this titular tanuki family.
On a friend's recommendation, I also started/caught up with WorldEnd: Stupid Long Title I'm Not Typing Out Here, which has been decent, but not as impactful as its ideas want to be. The question is now: how bittersweet is the last episode going to be?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

http://anichart.net/Summer-2017

Summer season soon. What's everyone watching?

Aside from continuing with Re:CREATORS and Bahamut, the only things I'm definitely going to watch are Fate/Apocrypha, Jikan no Shihaisha, and Knight's & Magic. I'm sure I'll pick up a couple other shows on a whim, but even so this is looking like it'll be a fairly slow season for me. Not really complaining, though, after how packed spring season was.

Unrelated, I finally got around to watching Steins;Gate for the first time. God DAMN that was good.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Really looking forward to the new AoT episode tomorrow
Thank god for Hulu™

With everything thats happened so far in Season 2, I figure the Titan vs. Titan is going to take a back seat for now, and they'll focus on the human drama for awhile

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

New trailer for Digimon Tri: Symbiosis is finally out!

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

So thrilled about Pluto. A wonderful manga.

Kyoto Animation seems on the upswing again, whereas I'm kind of losing interest in Trigger, whose shticks are wearing thin for me. They're missing some of the depth that made Gainax great.

As for summer... nothing is an instant "must watch" for me except the Monogatari show, which will be a "watch later" one. Keeping an open mind, though, and will be trying recommendations as time allows.

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

Hey guys so I’m not a huge anime fan, but a friend recently told me to check out Evangelion and said it would be right up my alley. Does anyone know a place to watch it? Is it streaming anywhere? I don’t want to buy it or anything in case I don’t end up liking it. Thanks in advance!